1 of 17
|Type||Catamarans en trimarans|
Over 225 of the Seawind 1000 series have been built and are cruising in many parts of the world. The introduction of the Seawind 1000XL2 included many useful new features over the 1000 and 1000XL, further refining this iconic cruising catamaran that is designed to sail around the world’s largest island.
The Seawind 1000XL2 took the 1000XL model to a new level. New scantlings along with the boats now being vacuum bagged removed a ton of excess weight significantly improving sailing performance. This attention to detail has found it's way into all Seawind models.
The following list of 9 bullet points is from Seawind's marketing literature and is not Katabatic's equipment list.
1. Fibreglass Hardtop Extension. This newly designed hardtop provides more internal shade and protection totally enclosing the helm and giving full access to pack away sails.
2. Galley Saloon Hatch. This great innovation opens up the galley providing more light, ventilation and allows the crew closer communication
3. Folding Saloon Table. A beautifully hand crafted wood table now folds in three to allow more space around the saloon seats, or a coffee table
4. Electric Tilt Motors. Push button control to raise both outboard motors makes this boat even easier to manage for the short handed crew.
5. Lighter Vacuum Bag Construction. Thanks to Vacuum Bag technology now used during fiberglassing, the displacement of the new XL2 has dropped by approx. 500kgs meaning better performance or larger load carrying ability
6. Updated Galley Styling to compliment the new galley saloon hatch, the galley has had a make over with new styled cupboards and a new Optional oven.
7. New Electronics Package with all the controls at your fingertips, this new electronics console has the chartplotter and multifunctional displays plus more in an ergonomic panel.
8. Hand Polished Stainless Steel. The quality of stainless steel finish has to be seen to be believed, with all weld joins hand polished out to seamless part.
9. Superior Fibreglass Finish. Thanks to the team at Corsair, many more man hours have been invested into an all-round amazing fibreglass finish.
Designer - Richard Ward
Builder - Seawind Catamarans
Hull Type: Catamaran Twin Mini Keels
Rigging Type: Fractional Sloop
LOA: 35' 6" / 10.82 m
LWL: 34' 2" / 10.41 m
Beam: 19' 5" / 5.92 m
Air Draft: 53' / 16.15 m
Underwing Clearance: 2' 5" / 0.75 m
Upwind Sail Area: 661.00 ft2 / 61.41 m2
Draft (max): 3' 3" / 0.99 m
Displacement: 10,500 lb / 4,762 kg
First Built: 1996
Auxiliary Power: 2 x Yamaha 9.9HP High Thrust outboards
Water: 106 gals / 401 L
Fuel: 32 gals / 121 L
Powered by twin Yamaha 9.9HP High Thrust outboards with power tilt
Dual engine controls at starboard helm station
Master stateroom port amidship
2 v-berth double berths
1 double berth starboard aft
Solid doors on all private cabins
4" upholstered mattress foam
American Oak interior finished in two part polyurethane finish
Sides and cabin top lined with frontrunner carpet and vinyl.
Common area – soles timber
Cabin soles carpet.
Cockpit Cushion seats and backrests in Saloon.
Solid lockable door. Ash exterior finish with waterproof laminex interior finish.
Electric macerating toilet w/ 23Gal holding tank
Vanity basin with pressure fresh hot and cold water.
Fresh water shower with flexible hand-held hose.
Electric shower bilge pump with direct overboard discharge.
Pipes, skin fittings and seacocks to through hull easily accessible
2 burner LPG stainless steel stove
Stainless steel hot-pate BBQ grill in cockpit on the aft beam - LPG
Stainless steel double sink
Pressured hot and cold fresh water system (Bosch on-demand LPG hot water heater)
Laminex galley tops, cupboards with perspex sliding front
Refrigerator with attached separate freezer. 12V Eutectic system by ICEER
2 x LPG tanks
Drop-down dinette table finished in matching laminex and decorative timber.
Upholstered dinette. Seats are 4” foam with backs 2”.
Three 120AH AGM Batteries - 2 House Batteries, 1 Starting battery
Solar Panels: Two 120W panels mounted on the transom arch
Custom electrical switch panel with circuit breakers
Raymarine eS Series Hybrid Touch Multifunction Display (Chartplotter)
Raymarine i70 Tridata: Log, Speed, Depth, Wind
Raymarine i70 Multifunction Digital Instrument Display for Wind
Raymarine SPX-5 Autopilot
VHF radio with masthead antenna
Twin steering compasses
Mainsail: Fully battened, Dacron
Headsail: Self-tacking, Dacron, UV protection
The mainsail has low friction batten cars and drops into a lazy cradle mainsail cover with lazyjacks
ProFurl headsail furling system
MAST AND /BOOM
Mast and boom clear anodized aluminum
Anodized aluminum fore and aft beams
Standing Rigging – Forestay 3/8 (10mm) 1 x 19 wire
– Sidestays 3/8 (10mm) 1 x 19 wire
– Diamonds 5/16 (8mm) 1 x 19 wire
All fitted with turnbuckles and end fittings
Halyards – 2:1 Main halyard: 10 mm Spectra rope : Heavy duty shackle.
– Jib halyard: 8 mm Spectra rope. Heavy duty shackle.
– Topping lift: 10 mm Double Braid, Heavy duty shackle
– Spinnaker Halyard: 12 mm DoubleBraid with snapshackle spliced to end.
2 x mainsail single-line reefing lines fitted and lead back to the cockpit.
All halyards, reefing lines to be lead back to cockpit through turning blocks, rope clutches by Spinlock
Sheet Winches: 2 x Harken ST40’s. The Starboard winch has been upgraded to ELECTRIC
8:1 mainsheet system
3:1 traveler control system
Hatches (6 in total)
2 x Forward Hatches Aluminium frame 500 x 500
2 x Mid cabin hatches
2 x Aft cabin hatches
4 x Mooring cleats
1 x Anchor cleat
Forward catwalk swim ladder – hinges under hinged catwalk
Cabin Ventilation: 2 x Dorade vents (PVC “ Seabird”)
Mast base turning blocks
Saddle at base of mast for halyard attachment
8 x Rope clutches
Stanchions/Rails: High quality stanchions, bow rails and stern rails with 3 life-lines. 600mm
high to meet Australian survey & CE requirements
4 x access gates with pelican hook releases
1 x manual bilge pump
2 x Bowseat pulpits with hinging teak slatted seats
2 x Padeyes mounted on each inboard bow for bowsprit retrofit
Mercury 320 Ocean Runner dinghy with 6hp outboard
Teak bow and stern seats
Cigarette lighter charger plugs in Master stateroom
Windex wind indicator
Fenders / Docklines
Plow style Delta anchor
Fortress FX-16 Anchor
2 x Life rings
The Multihull Source offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
|Model motor||High Thrust|
|Model motor||High Thrust|