1 of 14
|Type||Catamarans en trimarans|
|Aangeboden door||The Multihull Source|
This custom Miracle 22 trimaran has a modified Hobie Miracle 20 main hull with Hobie 18 floats and rig.
Designer - Gavin Watson
Builder - Steve Neil of Multi Composites, Rockland, ME (no longer in business)
Draft (minimum): 1' 2"
Draft (maximum): 4' 4"
Estimated weight: 800 lbs
Hobie 18 floats rig (mast & boom).
Hobie 18 main with three reef points.
Hobie 18 jib on Hobie 18 roller furling mechanism.
Used laminated roller furling genoa (slightly larger than the Hobie 18 jib).
Hobie 18 block set for Hobie 18 main.
Daggerboard is from Hobie Miracle 20 catamaran.
The main hull is modified from a Hobie Miracle 20 float that was wrecked in a storm. It was extended up to provide depth and up to provide a deck. Bulkheads fashioned from fiberglass sheathed plywood were added. The areas for the beam attachment points were reinforced with strip planked cedar. The foredeck is plywood which was pre-bent over a mold to give it the curve and fiberglassed over for strength.
The aluminum for the cross beams came from a McDonald-Douglas scrap yard in Ilinois and the beams were welded up in West Haven, CT by a company called Promoco which did a lot of welding for the designer's company.
2015 Trailex aluminum trailer.
• Added Hobie 18 crossbeam as a traveler
• Added Hobie 18 mainsheet block set for main
• Installed a Lewmar deck hatch
• Installed Lewmar stainless winches to ease genoa and spinnaker handling
• Installed Lewmar genoa cars on track for genoa and spinnaker
• Added adjustable Hobie tiller extension
• Added custom composite splash guards where front crossbeam meets ama to redirect sea water as blasting through the water
• Aluminum motor mount for auxilary outboard motor (up to a 4HP motor)
• Space for a porta potti in the bow storage area
The Multihull Source offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.