1 of 21
Sailing Vessel WEDGETAIL
VIDEOS Available on request!
Complete new B&G Electronics in 2018!
4.2 KVA Generator (2018)
16k BTU Reverse Cycle A/C
10ft Walker Bay RIB (2019)
18 HP 2-stroke Nissan Marine outboard motor (2019)
Electric main halyard winch
Ready to Sail away!
Island Packet 37
• Builder: Island Packet Yachts
• Designer: Robert K. Johnson
• Year: 1995
• Flag of Registry: Australia
• Home Port: Sydney
• LOA: 38 ft 5 in
• Beam: 12 ft 2 in
• LWL: 31 ft 0 in
• Length on Deck: 36 ft 5 in
• Maximum Draft: 4 ft 6 in
• Displacement: 18500 lbs
• Ballast: 8200 lbs
• Cabin Headroom: 6 ft 4 in
• Dry Weight: 18500 lbs
• Mast Height: 49 ft 6 in
• Hull: Full displacement monohull, with full FRP encapsulated keel and skeg hung rudder.
• Hull Material: FRP (Fibre Reinforced Plastic)/Fiberglass; Teak rub-rail.
• Exterior hull: White/cream gel coat with maroon/burgundy boot top and moderate sheer.
• Port lights: Eleven (11) portlight opening, stainless steel framed glass with screens. Five port, five starboard and one in cockpit opening to aft berth.
• Bulkheads: Athwartships reinforcement enhanced by wood bulkheads bonded to the hull with FRP.
• Stringers: Molded FRP floor plan extends throughout the interior, bonded to the hull at different levels for added stiffness.
• Stem: Moderately raked bow, thickly laminated FRP.
• Transom: Reinforced, FRP slightly rounded with tumble home design.
• Bilge: Deep (below decks) bilge area provides the area for most boat systems and tankage.
• Chain Locker (Drainage): The chain locker is forward and accessible through an access in the forward cabin. The locker is a single flat bottom compartment.
• Deck Construction: FRP composite construction, with two tone, non-skid surface.
• Cockpit: Moulded FRP composite cored cockpit with moulded two tone colorsand non-skid surface.
• Hull-to-deck joint: Hull has inward turning flange for the deck joint. The deck is thru-bolted every 6" or so with stainless steel W' fasteners. It is bedded with clastomeric compound, as well.
• Stanchions: Stainless steel stanchions and cable lifelines, run perimeter of deck from boarding gate to boarding gate, port to starboard.
• Bow Pulpit (Bow Rail): Stainless steel stanchions and rail system.
• Toe Rails: Teak toe rail.
• Ventilation: Three molded dorade boxes, stainless steel dorades with snap in vents.
• Bowsprit: Molded FRP with stainless steel insert.
• Scuppers: Cockpit has 2” scuppers at port and starboard aft corners.
• Chocks and Cleats: Six (6) stainless steel 12" cleats and fairleads, two (2) forward and two (2) aft.
• Windlass: Lewmar electric windlass with remote on the cockpit pedestal.
• Hawse Pipes: One (1) stainless steel, forward above the chain locker.
• Push pit (Stern Pulpit): Stainless steel stanchions and double rail system. Boarding gates port and starboard.
• Hatches: Five Lewmar overhead hatches; custom Glebe Creek screens for all overhead hatches.
• Grab rail: Teak grab rails on cabin house.
• Life Lines: There are two rows of lifelines, plastic coated stainless wire with swaged stainless steel fittings at the boarding gates and pulpits.
• Fold-up starboard or portside boarding ladder.
• Swim ladder.
• Stern gate w/ quick release hook.
• Fresh water cockpit shower/washdown.
• Anchor Platform: FRP platform.
• Anchor wash down on bow.
• Dinghy davits.
• Engine crane for dinghy motor.
• Rocna 44LB anchor W/220' 3/8 NT chain
• Bruce 33LB anchor W/50' 3/8 NT chain and 100' rode.
• Mantus Anchor swivel
• Mantus Chain Hook (3/8”) and Bridle/snubber, 28 ft. w/ 5/8” heavy-duty thimble (316LSS), and 7/16” shackle (316LSS).
• Engine/Fuel Type: Single, Diesel
• Engine Type: Inboard
• Engine Brand: Yanmar
• Year Built: 1995
• Engine Model: Yanmar #3JH2E, Engine# 00995.
• Engine Hours: 3,951 hrs.
• Engine Total Power: 38 HP
• All required labels are in place and readable.
• Throttle Controls: Teleflex, Morse-type mechanical lever/cable control, at helm station (new in 2013); new, splined throttle control cable (2014).
• Emergency Shut Down: Mechanical at helm.
• Engine Alarms: Low oil pressure alarms and coolant over heating warning audible at helm.
• Engine Mounts and Bed: serviceable.
• Drip Pans: Molded FRP.
• Insulation: Aluminized foam rubber sound deadening insulation in engine room.
• Manufacturer: Kanzaki, Model KBW 10, gear ratio 2.88, Serial# ER-8194.
• Refurbished May 2021
• Controls: Morse-type mechanical cable and linkage.
• Prop Shaft: Stainless Steel; Size: 1 ¼ Coupler (Safety Wire): Thru-bolted. Cutlass bearing.
• Packing Gland: Hex type bronze nut packing gland.
• Propeller: Three-bladed, bronze alloy prop. (RH AH 19*12 ASI2).
• Type: Freshwater reservoir type cooling with raw water-cooled wet exhaust.
• Raw water strainers: Perko bronze alloy raw water strainer with sight glass.
• Seacocks and strainers: raw water seacocks are all bronze alloy, ball-valve type.
• Manufacturing Label: The ABYC & USCG CFR 33CF3 183.580 required labels are present on the fuel tank.
• Fuel filters: Both remote mounted, Racor filter/water separator type, model 500 rna, 60gph, and engine mounted spin on/off type.
• Fuel tanks material: 505 2H32 aluminium alloy.
• Fuel tanks capacity: 50 gal
• Edson pedestal rack and pinion wheel steering.
• Number of stations: One, aft cockpit.
• Rudder Stock: Stainless steel rudder stock, molded fiberglass.
• Packing Gland: Bronze hex nut type packing gland.
• Emergency Tiller: Starboard side cockpit locker.
Sails & Furlers
• Sail Area: IJPE : 800 sq ft I : 45 ft 10 in J : 16 ft 8 in P : 39 ft 0 in E : 14 ft 6 in
• LeisureFurl offshore in-boom furling system (2010)
• New mainsail (Harding Sails) (2010)
• Two Schaeffer furlers - 130% Genoa, and a self-tending staysail.
• Scott Boomlock / gybe preventer
• Forespar Boom Vang
• Electric main halyard winch (2010)
• Mast: lsomat, tapered, anodized keel-stepped mast, good condition.
• Mast Step: No corrosion.
• Spreaders: Good condition
• Shrouds and Stays: Like new condition.
• Turnbuckles: Chrome covered bronze turnbuckles, open design, good condition.
• Toggles: Chrome covered bronze toggles, good condition.
• Tang Ends: Good condition.
• Chain Plates: Internal chain plates bolted to bulkhead or knees, good condition, no corrosion.
• Winches: Two ST 44, one ST I6, one ST 30 and one ST 8 Lewmar winches, all in excellent condition.
• Winch handles (4). 2 x Floating type
• Electric main halyard winch (2010)
• Sail Track: Two deck mounted sail tracks with cars, both port and starboard.
• Tracks and Cars: Roller fairleads and cars.
• Main Sheet Traveler: Ronstan.
• Halyards, jib sheets, color-coded.
• Roller furling gear: Schaeffer.
• Cam Cleats: Lewmar spin locks are used extensively.
• Swivel Blocks & Snap Shackles: all in good condition.
Fresh Water System
• Fresh water tank material: Aluminum
• Fresh water tank capacity: 90 gal
• Shurflo marine potable water pump
Hot Water System
• Type: Raritan 110 electric, marine grade.
• Manufacturer: Atwood model EHM6-SM, Serial# 93891008482.
• Capacity: 6 gallons.
• Features: Copper pressure relief valve built into tank; engine mounted heat exchanger.
• Number of Heads: One. New system installed in 2011.
• Manual, operation, Raritan PH II.
• M.S.D. Type USCG System: Certification Type: MDS U.S.C.G Type III. Holding tank located fwd. under port side settee.
• Holding tank material: fiberglass
• Holding tank capacity: 18 gal
• Scad tank monitoring and display panel in head.
• Macerator: Yes – Jabsco, self-priming, New 2018
• "Y" Valves and vent loop: Yes.
• Rebuild kit for head on board.
• All new pipes installed May 2021
• Basins, Showers, Hoses and Clamps: The sinks drain to one seacock. The shower drains with the use of PAR pump to thru hull on starboard side.
Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG/Propane)
• Location: Starboard deck with designated locker.
• Mounting: For two 10# LPG tanks, with lines and fittings, good condition.
• Regulator: Yes.
• Pressure Gauge: Yes.
• Ventilation: Yes.
• Shut-offs: Yes, at tank and New solenoid installed Nov 2020
• AC Power: 110 volts
• DC Power: 12 volts
• Panel: Over-current Protection: Bus type fuses and circuit breakers. Location: Port main salon above navtable.
• AC Source Selector Switch: Switch type: Located in main salon in main electric panel.
• Main Breaker: Yes, on the main electrical panel.
• Branch Breakers: Located above nav table.
• Circuit Load Monitors: Yes, voltage and amperage analog gauges in the main electric panel. For both the AC and DC systems.
• Four Duracell Marine and RV Deep Cycle12-volt, closed cell, maintenance-free, marine-grade house batteries (All new Jan 2020); one (1) dedicated 12-volt starter battery (new May 2021).
• Xantrex 3000 watt inverter, galvanic isolator (2011) • Alternator on main engine (Hitachi); spare on board.
• 120 amp battery charger (2011)
• 350 watt solar panel (2018)
• Victron Solar Controller (2018)
• Marine Air 16,000 BTU, reverse-cycle air-conditioning system; Model# CMP16Km, Serial# D6-M26686.
• Soft Start control installed for Marine Air in May 2020
• Shore Power Inlet: 30-amp, port side, weather protected.
• Shore Power: One 30-amp AC power cord.
• Outlets: Various AC and DC outlets available and conveniently located throughout the yacht.
• LED masthead light. New 2020
• All interior cabin lights are LED (2014).
• Fischer Panda 4.2 KVA generator installed Jan 2018 (371hrs)
Electronics and Navigation
The navigation station features a large, hinged table with a generous stowage tray underneath. The ship's AC and DC electrical systems are controlled and monitored on the deluxe illuminated breaker panel. Charts store in an easily accessible slide-out drawer opposite the nav area.
• Standard Horizion Explorer GPS GX1700 VHF Radio w/DSC (2014)
• Standard Horizion RAM3 Remote mic on pedestal in cockpit (2014)
• Antennas: Shakespeare 2020 TB antenna; SSB antenna on backstay.
• All displays mounted at helm in NavPod waterproof housing (2018)
• NavPod mounted on Edson pedestal (2018)
• B&G Zeus3 12" multi-function display (2018)
• B&G Triton2 4" digital display. Depth, speed & wind (2018)
• B&G Depth and speed transducer (2018)
• B&G wind sensor at top of mast (2018)
• B&G Halo 20 radar (2020) replaced the 4G unit shown in diagram
• B&G NIAS 500 AIS class B transceiver with manual broadcast on/off switch (2018)
• B&G Auto pilot: NAC-3 computer (2018)
• B&G Precision 9 Rate Compass (2018)
• B&G WR10 autopilot remote control unit (2018)
• B&G Bluetooth unit for WR10 autopilot remote control unit (2018)
• B&G Triton2 autopilot separate hardware for manual control (2018)
• B&G Triton 2 4” digital autopilot display
• Navionics charts for USA, Central America, Caribbean
• Backup chart plotter: Garmin GPS 740s Chart-plotter
• Raytheon/Autohelm ST6000 linear drive autopilot, 2039 12V 085001 S.
• Windex wind indicator mounted on top of mast.
SAFETY EQUIPMENT: (UNITED STATES COAST GUARD)
• Fire Extinguishers: Three, Ameresc model A403, 2.5 lbs. B: C Size I.
• Navigation Lights: All navigational lights are operable.
• "No Oil Discharge" Plaque: Yes, properly displayed in engine space.
• Trash Disposal Placard: Yes, properly displayed in main salon area.
AUXILIARY SAFETY EQUIPMENT
• Smoke Detector, CO Detector: Yes, both.
• Man Overboard System: Lifesling 2; Garmin GPS has MOB emergency button. B&G MOB Function
• Bilge Pumps: Atwood bilge pump with ultra, electronic auto pump switch. Whale gusher type emergency manual pump.
ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT AND ACCESSORIES
• Dinghy/Tenders: 10ft Walker Bay RIB (2019)
• 18 HP, 2-stroke Nissan Marine outboard motor (2019).
• Outboard motor harness.
• Fenders: Ten (10).
• Dock Lines: Nine (9) assorted dock lines.
• Closed cell, Island Packet cockpit cushions (2011).
• Bimini with strata glass forward and quarter panels. 80% shade cloth side and rear panels with stainless steel supports; new canvas in 2021.
• One (1) boathook.
• Hanging fresh produce nets (2)
• Camping stove with camping gas bottles
• Ryobi cordless drill with 2 batteries and charger.
• Hart cordless hand held sander with spare battery and multiple replacement sanding sheets(Various grit)
• Various boat cleaning, polishing supplies.
• Various spare parts, filters, impellers etc for both main engine and generator
• Various pots, pans, crockery and cutlery
• Various manufacturers’ tech and operator’s manuals for all onboard systems; IP Owner’s Manual, original.
Fridge/Freezer, freezer side works perfectly, fridge side needs cooling plate replaced
Water Maker Installed but not functional, needs to be serviced
CABIN APPOINTMENTS & INTERIOR DESCRIPTION
Wedgetail is a very clean and well-maintained yacht. The joinery and finish of the teak interior is exceptional and, with the open design, creates an environment that is warm, comfortable and inviting. The satin varnish finish on all teak doors and trim is in good condition. The interior teak bulkheads and solid wood doors are finely crafted and fit, as are the cabinets, lockers, drawers, and shelving. There are no signs of water intrusion in any areas. The headliner is molded FRP and in excellent condition. There is a teak and holly cabin sole throughout, except for head and galley, which has a textured FRP sole. The settee cushions and fabric are in good condition. There are LED lights throughout the cabin and 12-volt fans in the galley and staterooms.
Number of single berths: 7
Accommodations and Layout:
The main salon spans the entire beam of the yacht to provide an open, spacious feel and create generous storage space behind and below the settees. A foldaway table is mounted on the main cabin bulkhead to provide an unobstructed salon area when the table is not needed. When lowered, the large table with flip-over extension reveals a built-in bottle and glass storage rack, allowing for gracious shipboard dining or entertaining. A pullout panel in the L-shaped port settee converts this area into an extra double berth. Several built in cabinets, bookracks and a hanging locker are also provided in the salon area. All interior hanging lockers are cedar lined to ensure freshness. The Nav station features a large hinged table with a compartment.
An adequate array of lighting fixture both 12 volt and 110 volt AC type throughout the vessel. Both overhead adjustable spot type lights and fluorescent fixtures provide the vessel with good lighting flexibility.
The private forward stateroom features a wide 6'6" long V-berth with generous storage space provided by drawers, cabinets, bins, shelves and a large hanging locker. Private access to the head and shower from this stateroom adds further to its appeal.
• Custom built mattress and coverlet
• 12-volt cabin fans
The enclosed aft stateroom features a very large double berth and convenient upholstered dressing seat. A large hanging locker, bureau, shelf space and storage compartment provide ample stowage. A full-length mirror, two opening ports, a 12-volt fan and an overhead hatch add further to both the stateroom's comfort and convenience.
Just forward of the main salon is the spacious head compartment. The head has one manual head. There is a separate shower area with teak seat, bulkhead mounted shower and controls with overboard drain pump and an overhead track mounted curtain. The deluxe vanity features a wrap around counter with a polished stainless steel sink, with ample space for toiletries provided in two cabinets. Recessed lighting, a large mirror, louvered door and an opening port and overhead hatch all combine to make this a highly functional and comfortable head compartment. There is private access to the head and shower from the forward stateroom.
The galley to starboard, aft, features a large wraparound design with Formica surfaces, teak sea rails on all edges, flip up counter extension; Gimbaled, 3 burner, Seaward “Princess” LPG stove with oven, stainless steel deluxe safety type, lift off cover, stainless steel guard rail with harness; pots and pans locker under; water filters; custom twin fridge/freezer, with FRIGOboat system with keel coolers; double stainless steel sink; hot and cold pressure water; trash bin; teak paper towel holder; teak dish rack and cutlery drawers; GE microwave. The custom counter top has greatly improved insulated fridge/freezer tops.
The eight foot long cockpit has full-length, contoured seats offering plenty of room for both comfortable sitting and stretching out for a nap. A premium console mounted rack and pinion steering system, designed and developed jointly by the Edson Corporation and Island Packet Yachts, provides the sensitive feel and rugged reliability available only from a direct-geared steering system. Integrated into the custom steering console are the single-lever engine control, wheel brake, compass, pedestal guard with pod containing instrumentation and cockpit table. Cockpit shower. Lock-in companionway boards and a custom designed, hinged companionway door with screens and solid Plexiglas inserts.
What Island Packet has to say about the IP37...
The Island Packet 37 offers sparkling performance, superior safety and seakeeping, ease of handling and spacious and livable accommodations. Island Packet Yachts' exclusive Full Foil Keel unifies the performance attributes of modern hull and foil designs. This design brings numerous benefits to the cruising sailor: superior protection from damage or fouling of both prop and rudder, an integral hull and keel structure for the strongest possible unified construction, a moderate draft with exceptional stability allowing shallow water gunkholing or worldwide voyaging, and spirited performance capabilities.
On deck, the well-engineered layout provides the safety and security needed in offshore conditions through full-length cabin top handrails, wide unobstructed side decks, and recessed foredeck with bulwarks. The integral bowsprit- anchor platform increases sail area, improves sheeting angles for enhanced performance, while providing ready stowage and immediate access for two anchors and their tackle. The 8-foot long cockpit has full-length contoured seats offering plenty of room for both comfortable sitting or stretching out. A premium, console-mounted rack and pinion steering system provides the sensitive feel and rugged reliability available only from a direct-geared steering system. A rudder shaft control arm and interior mounting shelf are provided to facilitate the installation of an autopilot.
The raised bridgedeck, lock-in companionway boards, bilge pump mount adjacent to the helm and large cockpit scuppers further ensure safety at sea. The standard cutter rig has furling systems on both the genoa and self-tending staysail. The skipper has a variety of sail combinations available that are easily adaptable to maximize comfort, safety and performance over a wide range of wind and sea conditions. Belowdecks, convenient to both the cockpit and salon, yet out of companionway traffic, the galley is host to a number of design details that will make it the delight of the onboard chef. The main salon has a foldaway table, mounted on the main cabin bulkhead to provide an unobstructed salon area when the table is not needed. A pull-out panel in the L-shaped port settee converts this area into an extra double berth. The navigation station features a large hinged table with a generous stowage tray underneath. The private forward stateroom features a wide, 6-foot 6-inch V-berth with generous storage space.
The enclosed aft stateroom features a double berth and convenient upholstered dressing seat. The engine is conveniently located in an easily accessed compartment, complete with premium, lead-lined sound insulation and integrally molded drip pan. Overhead interior hand rails, bulkhead hand grips and an easily maintained, slip-resistant cabin sole in the high-traffic areas helps provide sure-footed movement while underway.
A harmonious blend of tasteful designer surfaces, premium fabrics, and meticulously handcrafted, oiled teak joinerwork conveys a sense of style and comfort, while a host of thoughtful details, such as courtesy lights with a companionway switch, make the 37's interior exceptionally livable and practical. Advanced construction technology utilizing custom blended resins, 100 per cent hand-laminated, premium knitted biaxial and triaxial fiberglass reinforcements and Island Packet's exclusive PolyClad hull gelcoat system combine to provide vastly superior resistance to impact, puncture resistance and osmotic blistering. Deck laminates are engineered for high strength with reduced weight utilizing PolyCore. An engineered interior grid system and reinforced fiberglass structure joins with the hull to form a unit structure of immense strength and durability.