Comprehensively upgraded, refitted and modified example of the iconic S&S designed Baltic 64. The penultimate boat launched and maintained regardless of cost.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
SCHORCH is the penultimate Baltic 64 built. Boasting timeless, yet slippery Sparkman & Stephens hull lines, with an added performance boost of a custom Judel Vrolik T-keel and powerful fully-battened mainsail with Park Avenue boom and non-overlapping genoa, SCHORCH offers just the right mix of classical and modernity.
Below decks, she is finished like no other with beautiful hand-finished teak joinery and a very practical four cabin plus crew layout.
Extensively refitted and only ever used privately, SCHORCH is without doubt the finest of her type and with approx her current asking price spent in recent refit upgrades, she also represents remarkable value for those seeking a ‘ready to go’ cruiser of this quality and type.
Specification highlights include:-
- Four stateroom layout with further crew cabin/forepeak
- Yanmar 170hp diesel engine – new 2001
- New teak deck – 2009 and refurbished 2017/18
- New hull paint – 2017/19
- New rig paint – 2017/19
- Park Avenue boom – 2009
- Judel Vrolijk T-Keel – 2009
- Maxpower retractable bowthruster - 2010
- Fischer Panda 16kw generator - 2001
- New MasterVolt batteries and charger - 2018
- Air conditioning system
- Alpes Inox gas cooker, with 4 burners and oven
- Flexofold 4 blades automatic feathering propeller - 2010
- Hydraulic winch package
- Furling genoa, staysail and Code Zero
- Carbon gangway
- Standing rigging replaced – 2017/18
- B&G Hercules instruments plus chartplotters and radar
- Awl Grip painting of Mast and Boom in Off White
- New Standing Rigging BSI and new Running Rigging
- New Harken mast track with switsch and new cars
- Replace of Radar mast: Radar + SAT Antenna new placed on the first spreaders
- Awl Grip painting of the Hull in Corinthian Blue
- Complete replacement of the old Antifouling, new 3 layers of epoxy gelschied and 3 layers of International Trilux antifouling in white colour
- Teakdeck refit with complete new rubber and sanding
- Rudder system renewed with bearings and steering cabels
- New Lazy Bag in Sunbrella light sand
- New Sun Sail Sunbrella light sand
- New 12 mm teak deck
- New 16 x Solimar flush hatches with Oceanair recessed sky sreens
- Hull painting in Awl Grip Corinthian Blue
- New Tecma 3 x electric toilettes and new blackwater implantation
- repainting of all teak surfaces and floors in the interior
- replacement of all taps in the toilettes and kitchen
- replacing of all lights in every cabin with Cantalupi lights
- New leather upholstery in saloon, chart table and owners cabin
- New cushion in every cabin
- New cushions in Sunbrella light sand for center and aft cockpit
- New Sprayhood in Sunbrella light sand
- repainting of all bilges and cockpit lockers
- New Judel/Vrolijk designed T – keel with draft of 3,15 m for better sailing and cruising performance
- New Park Avenue Boom in Aluminium with bigger E measurement
BALTIC YACHTS OVERVIEW:
Baltic Yachts was founded 35 years ago in 1973 by five men looking to build superior yachts – or superyachts - that would give them the edge over their competitors. Baltic Yachts is now one of the leading names in custom and semi-custom made luxury yachts for sale.
- Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from CE Confirmity as she was in use in the EEA prior to June 1998.
- Balsa core fiberglass sandwich construction to the highest specification using fiberglass mat, uni-directional roving and mat/ roving combination to develop an extremely rigid yet light and well insulated structure.
- All high stress areas are specially strengthened with built up uni-directional roving orientated in the direction of the stress.
- Uni-directional roving is a special developed glass/ aramid (Kevlar) hybrid to improve impact resistance, strength, stiffness and safety of the structure.
- Special selected aircraft grade end grain balsa used in sandwich construction for increased strength and weight saving purposes.
- High grade epoxy resin is used in the lamination process to create an extremely strong high-tech laminate.
- Vacuum bag technique also utilized to enable control of the fibre/resin ratio. This will increase the mechanical properties of the laminate to a high extent.
- Taking advantage of modern light weight construction techniques and fiber technology enables a higher ballast/ displacement ratio which gives better performance and seaworthiness for the yacht.
- Transverse floors and longitudinal stringers are made up of uni-directional roving and fabmat around a high density core.
- Chain Plates are stainless steel through bolted to longitudinal or transverse bulkheads which are securely bonded to the hull and deck. Plates are provided with backing plates to spread loads adequately. Chain plates are grounded to a keel bolt for lightning protection.
- Engine beds are incorporated in hull. Built up of uni-directional fibers on a high density PVC foam core.
- Fabricated aluminium alloy mast step bolted to re-inforced floors and stringers.
- Hull topsides painted in Corinthian Blue Awlgrip – 2017/18
- Antifouling stripped and 3x layers of epoxy gelshield added beneath 3x layers of International Trilux – 2017/18
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Hand laid-up moulded fiberglass with balsa core for stiffening and insulation, appropiate reinforcement incorporated in the area of the winches and fittings.
- The deck has a high strength/ weight ratio and is bonded to the hull with layers of roving. The deck is through bolted to the hull.
- A hybrid epoxy resin is used in the lamination process.
- A 12mm laid teak deck including cockpits and aft coamings – replaced 2009 and further refurbished with new caulking during 2017/18 refit.
- Teak is epoxy glued and screwed to the deck.
Keel & Rudder:
- Custom Judel/Vrolijk designed T-Keel with 3.15m draft fitted during 2009 refit for improved sailing and cruising performance.
- Stainless steel cast-in keel bolts.
- The cantilivered semi-elliptical balanced spade rudder is moulded from fiberglass and filled with a PVC-foam. Foam filling under high pressure in special strengthened mould.
- The rudder forces are transmitted to the shaft via an internal aluminium alloy space frame.
- The alloy rudder stock passes through roller bearings and a stuffening box which is strongly bonded to the hull.
- The bearings are provided with grease nipples for lubrication – Bearings replaced during 2017/18 refit.
Engine & gearbox:
- Yanmar 4JHGG-DTE 170hp 4-cylinder turbo-charged diesel engine – 2001
- Engine hours – 2,500 as of Spring 2021
- Yanmar reduction gearbox
- Freshwater cooled engine.
- Single lever engine control.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Maxpower VIP 150 24V retractable bowthruster - 2010
- Flexofold 4-bladed feathering propeller - 2010
- The propeller shaft is made of corrosion resistant steel AISI 329 with flexible shaft coupling and stuffing box.
- Custom TCE / Speadwave helm wheel in wood/aramid
- Baltic Yachts custom made pedestal. The steerer has sprockets and non magnetic chains leading to steering cables. The steering cables are stainless steel wire and the cable sheaves have a score diameter of not less than 20 times the wire diameter. The steering sheaves are mounted on brackets securely bonded to the structure – steering cables replaced during 2017/18 refit
- One aluminium alloy tube emergency tiller, storage in cockpit locker.
- 24vDC domestic systems with 220vAC via shore-power, or generator
- Engine, generator and service battery banks
- Mastervolt AGM Batteries 24 V 780 AH - 2018
- Mastervolt 100Amp battery charger – 2018
- Fischer Panda 16kw diesel generator – 2001
- Generator hours – approx 2,000 as of Spring 2021
- 12v engine-mounted alternator for start battery
- 24v secondary alternator for service battery bank
- Baltic Yachts custom made with automatic safety circuit breakers. Indication diodes, amp.meters, volt meters and tank level meters are provided. A 12 V DC for starting system, 24 V DC for service system.
- 220vAC Shore power
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
- Water heater provided. Heated by engine cooling water and shore power.
- Quick 60 litre hot water tank - 2012
- Water pressure system with outlets in heads and galley. Pump with automatic pressure switch.
- Telephone type shower, water faucet for cold and hot pressurised water.
- Marinco 170lph reverse osmosis watermaker
- Membranes and pumps replaced 2017
- Manual and electric bilge pumps
- All tanks are Baltic custom made in stainless steel with baffles and inspection covers.
- All tanks are pressure tested.
- Tank shut-offs provided. A waterseparator is installed on the fuel line. The fuel tank has a deck fill marked FUEL. The fill fitting is grounded via the tank to a keel bolt.
- The fresh water tanks have deck fill marked WATER.
- Tank meter with selector switch on electrical panel.
- The tanks are securely laminated to the hull and foamed in for rigidity and sound insulation.
- Approx 1,200 litres fuel capacity
- Approx 1,000 litres water capacity
- Approx 80 litres blackwater holding tank capacity
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- B&G Hercules offshore racing pack, 6 displays aft cockpit, 3 mast display and inside chart table and owners cabin
- Garmin network with chart plotter inside / outside and radar
- Autopilot Autohelm 7000 new pump and refit in 2017
- VHF at chart table and in cockpit
- Alpes Inox gas stove with 4x burners and oven
- Extensive fridge and deep freezer capacity, 3 x fridge + 1 x deep freezer
- Galley taps – replaced 2009
- 3x Tecma electric heads - 2009
- Hot & cold pressurised water supplies with shower in heads
- Head taps – replaced 2009
Heating & Ventilation:
- Condaria Aircondition in all cabins new pump and refit in 2016
- Samsung TV 2 x salon and aft cabin - 2012
- Alpine Radio CD with new speakers inside and outside - 2012
- TV-Sat Antenna new in 2009
Summary of Accommodation:
- The Baltic 64 sleeps 9 persons in 4 separate guest staterooms and one crew cabin forward. 3 heads compartments.
- Crew cabin forward in forepeak
Forward Guest Cabins:
- Two guest cabins with full privacy provided with toilet and shower, hanging locker and
- storage space.
- Both guest cabins have a king size double berth, leeboard canvas and mattresses.
- Moulded GRP basin in special hygienic gelcoat.
- Counter unit and lockers with ample provision for stowage.
- Foot-operated fresh water pump.
- Marine toilet with overboard discharge through seacock.
- Mirror, toothbrush, towel, soap and paper holder.
- Telephone type shower, water faucet for cold and hot pressurised water, shower sump with sump pump.
- Dining area to port with dining table and U-shaped settee.
- Dining table fixed and hand-rubbed varnished teak.
- All visible wood surfaces to be teakfaced.
- Bookshelves and storage space provided.
- A bar with L-shaped settee provided to Stb.
- Navigation area with stowage for charts, books, pencils etc.
- Additional chart stowage under deck.
- Bulkhead space for mounting electronic instruments, radio equipment, etc.
- Master electric panel with safety circuit breakers and navigator's light.
- Navigator's belt.
- Stowage for cooking utensils.
- Adequate drawers and glass racks for stowage of crockery.
- Corian-covered work top with deep fiddles.
- Deep stainless steel sink units.
- Water faucet for hot and cold pressure water.
- One king size berth, table with storage drawers under on each side.
- Toilet with separate shower cabin.
- Two big hanging lockers, settee and madam's dressing table with chair.
- Joinery work is to the highest standard. All joinery is teak faced with solid teak or laminated teak frames and capping. The joinery is varnished throughout. Visible surfaces are varnished and handrubbed to obtain a satin type of surface.
- All doors are provided with retaining hooks and swing stops. Kick plates on steps and chafing pieces on sills are provided.
- Curtains are provided for side windows and portlights
- Hanging lockers are provided with rods and hooks.
- Locker doors are fitted with louvers for ventilation.
- Teak gratings in head.
- Floorboards with laid teak veneer. Access to bilge provided where practical. Dust collector with teak grating in front of main entrance ladder.
- Ceiling lined with removable soft panelling.
- Revarnishing of all teak surfaces and floors in the interior
- Replacing of all lights in every cabin with Cantalupi lights
- New leather upholstery in saloon, chart table and owners cabin
- New cushions in every cabin
- Custom Sparcraft Premium 3 spreader aluminium mast
- Park Avenue boom in aluminium with larger E-measurement to standard – 2009
- Spars resprayed Awlgrip Off-White – 2017/18
- Stainless steel standing rigging replaced 2017/18
- Running rigging replaced 2017/18
- Harken ‘Switch’ mainsail track with cars – 2017/18
- 3 Spinlock Clutches for halyards at the mast and centercockpit
- Harken manual headsail furler with furling line led aft to hydraulic winch
- Furler UBI Maior FR200W + Furling Cable Maffioli DSK99 + 2:1 Halyard for stay sail
- Profurl furler and 2:1 halyard for Code Zero.
- Barient winch equipment with hydraulic power pack: 5x winches hydraulic in the aft cockpit one hydraulic behind the mast and 4x manual winches (2x beside the mast + 2x Centercockpit)
- 2 spare Barient winches stowed in the garage dismounted after the refit in 2009
- One Sails Forte 2010C VTR high modulus fully-battened mainsail – 2016
- One Sails Forte 2010C VTR high modulus 100% furling genoa – 2016
- One Sails Forte 2010C VTR high modulus staysail – 2016
- One Sails FFR Code Zero with furler and 2:1 halyard
- UK Sails 150% Racing Genoa in Kevlar
- 135% Kevlar Genoa
- North Sails A 5 Gennaker with snuffer
- Jan Sails spinnaker medium 0,9 oz
- North Sails storm jib and try sail
- A pulpit and pushpit of high quality stainless steel tube are mounted on the bow and transom.
- Double life lines are installed passing through stainless steel stanchions with stainless steel wire and set up with turnbuckles at the after end.
- The pulpit is fitted with navigation lights and the pushpit with a stern light.
- Stainless steel handrail for main companionway is provided.
- Side boarding ladder
- Exit Carbon Gangway painted in hull colour and Flexi Teak new in 2017
- 16 x Solimar flush hatches with Oceanair recessed sky screens – replaced 2009
Covers & Canvas:
- New Lazy Bag in Sunbrella light sand – 2017/18
- New Sun Sail Sunbrella light sand – 2017/18
- Cushions in Sunbrella light sand for centre and aft cockpits - 2009
- Sprayhood in Sunbrella light sand - 2009
Anchoring & Mooring:
- Wasi 42 kg stainless steel anchor with 80m duplex stainless steel chain 10mm
- Lewmar hydraulic anchor winch
- Fenders and warps
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Michele Antonini – Grabau International (Italia)
Tel ITA: +39 333 74 89 281
Tel UK: +44 7989575669 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org