The Bluelace is a Tom Fexas designed 44 ft Rumrunner express cruiser. She has a Salon up and Galley Down, master suite with passageway to the infamous forward cockpit. The Master Suite has a full dresser with three closets. In the salon there is the entertainment center to port and a wraparound sofa to starboard. The base of the wraparound sofa pulls out to form a double berth. This is the only Lace with the wraparound sofa and includes an extra cushion to create a double berth. She is also the only one factory equipped with a companion helm seat to port that can be removed to allow for the back of the salon on the port side to be opened.
As originally equipped, most of these boats have insufficient air conditioning to keep the salon comfortable on a hot summer day. The owners have replaced the entire salon air conditioning system and it now holds the salon at 72 degrees on a 98-degree summer day. Hand painted Italian coffee table. In the shower is a sky light etching that is another artistic touch to this fine vessel. She also has at the stern blue underwater lights that add a stunning glow at night.
The Lace is light and fast with twin turbocharged Cummins QSB 380 diesels. She cruises comfortably at 17-19 knots. This beauty turns heads wherever she goes and is known by many from her many magazine covers over the decades. She is definitely one notable part of yachting history. Fexas built 21 of these 44 footers at the Cheoy Lee yard in the late 70s and early 80s and she has been kept under roof for almost her whole life.
Other notable professionally installed upgrades and changes :
- New canvas enclosure of the helm
- Complete canvas enclosure of the entire helm and stern
- Autopilot system
- New Air Conditioning units in salon and bedroom
- Reinforced Connecting Points for dingy davit
- VHF radio including DSC distress calling function
- Entire flag blue hull sanded and re-painted
- Hull refurbished by removing old gel coat, barrier coating hull and re-gelcoating hull
- All cabin windows have been removed, wood surrounding replaced, and windows re-bedded
- 8' dingy, 15hp 2 stroke Mercury outboard, davit and catshead
- New AC/DC inverter with greater power to drive the computer nav system
- New carpet in salon
Please call or email Mike McGuire to schedule an appointment.