1985 Camper & Nicholsons Nicholson 47614m
£ 175.000 (€ 196.170) incl. BTW
|Merk||Camper & Nicholsons|
|Aangeboden door||Berthon International|1985 Camper & Nicholsons Nicholson 476
Iconic series Nicholson from 1985 which is only now in her third ownership. She has a Rondal furling cutter rig and her teak deck was replaced in 2012. She has been cherished through life and her wonderful handcrafted teak interior is very close to faultless. She is VAT paid in Europe and has also obtained Returned Goods Relief in the UK. An evergreen and very usable contemporary classic with no rough edges.
RCD Status: Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from the essential safety requirements of the Recreational Craft Directive as she was built and placed into use within the EU prior to 1998.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- GRP hull, deck and superstructure.
- Teak laid deck replaced by Sopromar in Portugal in 2012. A bonded deck with12mm teak to conform with the original Camper and Nicholson specification. The subdeck was fully filled, sealed and faired before the new deck was laid.
- Teak and stainless steel external trim.
- Teak interior joinery with eggshell varnishes finish.
- Full epoxy treatment in 1998.
- Hatches have new toughened glass (1998).
- White gelcoated topsides and superstructure.
- 2 coats of antifoul applied in April 2022.
- Side windows replaced by Sopramar, Portugal 2016, the side ports are original.
Keel & Rudder:
- Moderate fin.
- Protected skeg hung rudder.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Perkins 4236 diesel engine 72hp.
- Hurth gearbox reduction/aqua-drive.
Maintenance & Performance:
- The original Berthon listing details back in 1998 state that there were “under 1000 engine hours as at August 1997”.
- The new tachometer was fitted some years ago soon after owners had sailed to Portugal.
- Cruising Speed: 7 knots.
- Maximum Speed: 8 knots.
Propulsion & Steering:
- 3-bladed Max-prop 1996.
- Chain/cable steering with Wheel in the centre cockpit.
- 12v and 24v.
- 220v Ringmain with outlets through the yacht.
- The 4x6 volt service batteries are in series to supply the 24 circuit. They are wet batteries.
- Trojan T105 deep cycle batteries October 2020.
- TAMPh ratings quoted are as follows (C5) 185 amph (C10) 207 amph.
- They are “wet”.
- 2 x 12 volt wet engine batteries in series supplying 24v start 2019.
- 12 volt generator battery. This battery is sealed.
- Victron Centour 24 volt 2008.
- Battery management system.
- Victron inverter - 300W.
- 2 x main engine alternators – one for the main engine start and the other for service bank charging.
- 4 KVA HFL generator (1998), with switch panel at nav. station.
- Hour counter over the chart table reading 961 hours as at August 2022.
- 220v short power connection with cable and plug.
- Seaworld/engine drive, engine driven deck wash pump.
- Pressurised hot and cold water with accumulator pump.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Electric/stand-by water pressure system.
- Engine calorifier/220 volt water heating system (1997).
- New accumulator/expansion tanks February 2012.
- Total capacity of 318 litres (70 gallons) in 1 x stainless steel tank.
- The interior of diesel tank cleaned professionally in June 2012.
- Soltron additive is used to prevent diesel contamination.
- Total capacity of 690 litres (152 gallons) in 5 x stainless steel tanks.
- B&G Hydra 2 log/speed/depth/wind/nav.
- B&G anemometer bearing June 2022.
- The internal battery for the hidden "works” was also replaced in 2019 (having lasted since 2000).
- Furuno GPS.
- Furuno radar.
- Skanti SSB.
- Skanti VHF handset November 2019.
- Neco autopilot.
- Pedestal compass.
- Taylor 041 gas cooker with 2 burners, griddle, over and grill – fully gimballed.
- Refrigerator system run off engine and 24v ship’s supply.
- Deep freeze.
- Deck shower.
- Lavac electric WCs.
- 2 x Showers.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Eberspacher D4L heating.
- Fans in all cabins.
- 3 x Alpine cassette players, 1 x is a CD changer.
- AKAI VHS; VCR, LG TV, TV booster, 10 x Pioneer speakers, 2 x on deck (1992).
Summary of Accommodation:
- 3 x Double berths, and 1 x single.
- Forward there is a double berth with a sink/washbasin.
- In the saloon there is a single berth on the starboard side.
- The port bunk can become a double berth.
- Large double berth in aft cabin.
- All bunks have lee-cloths.
- New upholstery approximately 2012.
- The teak joinery has detailing around all the cupboards in raised teak beading.
Description of layout from forwards:
- Large forepeak guest cabin with 2 single berths and infill to make a double and large hanging locker.
- There is a basin and vanity unit to starboard.
- A heads compartment is aft with a shower that can also be used as a day head with storage opposite.
- Aft to the main saloon with a large dining table to port with generous seating and a further seating area to starboard.
- The port seating can be made into a double berth and the sofa to starboard makes a generous single berth
- Aft to starboard is a large aft facing navigation station and for port is a linear galley with ample food preparation space and lots of storage.
- Aft of this is a large owners’ en-suite stateroom with centerline double berth, lots of storage, a sofa and desk with heads compartment to starboard.
- Cutter headed sloop rig with aluminium Rondal white spars. The boom was repainted in May 2014.
- Keel stepped mast.
- Wire standing rigging (1996).
- The rigging was checked by professional riggers in 2022 and confirmed as sound.
- In-mast furling; hydraulic power pack.
- Hydraulic genoa furling, motor replaced by Rondal 2007. At this time all hydraulic hoses were replaced to this unit and to the main sail furling motor.
- Manual hood furling staysail.
- Hydraulic backstay tensioner.
- Boom vang and spinnaker pole.
Winches (at Cockpit):
- 2 x Lewmar 55 2-speed, primary, manual.
- 2 x Lewmar 48 2-speed, secondary, manual.
- 2 x Lewmar 43 2-speed, outhaul/sheet, manual.
- 1 x Lewmar 30 2-speed, main car, manual.
Winches (at Mast):
- 2 x Lewmar 43 2-speed, spinnaker/main, manual.
- 1 x Lewmar 46 2-speed, genoa/staysail, manual.
- 1 x Lewmar 30 2-speed, topping lift, manual.
- Hood, Mainsail, Dacron, 1985.
- Hood, Genoa, Dacron, 1997.
- Hood, Staysail, Dacron, 1985.
- Hood, MPS, Ripstop Nylon, 1985.
- Pulpit, pushpit, guardrails, bathing ladder and boarding gates.
- Gas locker.
- Lift on pushpit for outboard handling.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- 45lb CQR anchor with chain
- 1 x Bruce anchor
- Electric anchor windlass.
- Teak varnished cockpit table with cover.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Cockpit cover.
- Pedestal cover
Tender & Outboard:
- Suzuki 4hp outboard (1985).
- Horseshoe liferings.
- The 6 person life-raft (ocean category) is new (March 2022).
- Fire Eater extinguishers throughout.
Exclusion: Painting on saloon bulkhead.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.