1985 Beneteau First 34511m
£ 26.500 (€ 30.133) incl. BTW
Rhu, Argyll & Bute
|Aangeboden door||Michael Schmidt & Partner Ltd - Rhu Office|1985 Beneteau First 345
The Beneteau First 345 is a cracking sailing yacht, stiff, capable and a joy to sail. She will accommodate 6, has a large aft double berth and good sized heads. She has been well maintained over the years and in her current ownership enjoyed many upgrades. Check out her inventory!
- LOA 11.00m
- LWL 8.90m
- Beam 3.50m
- Draft 1.90m
- Displacement 5500kg
Hull, deck and keel
- The hull is a hand laid GRP moulding. White Gelcoat
- Hull cut back and polished 2013 and polished and waxed every season after.
- New Beneteau 345 decals 2018.
- All through hull fittings changed 2020.
- The deck is sandwich construction with a balsa core. This produces a light but stiff deck with good insulation. White gelcoat with moulded nonslip.
- The cockpit is large, with Teak slatted seats, a large deep locker to port and shelf locker to starboard.
- Teak cockpit floor grate.
- New CNC machined windows 2014.
- Custom roof hatches 2014.
- Iron fin keel. Stainless steel keel bolts were renewed 2016.
- Semi balanced rudder on a partial skeg.
- CNC machined rudder bearing support.
- Tiller steering. Two Iroko tillers, one longer one for long distance cruising.
- Wintered ashore on her own cradle which is part of the specification.
Stainless steel pulpit, quarter pushpit's and aluminium stanchion posts with twin guard wires and an aluminium toe rail secure the deck. The hatchway has a large sliding lid and Perspex washboard, forward of the lid is a Perspex deckhead panel adding light below.
- Lewmar electric anchor windlass with new motor 2018.
- Delta anchor.
- 60m of calibrated chain 2012.
- Fore and aft mooring cleats and fairleads with additional midship fairleads for spring warps.
- Mooring warps and fenders.
- Stainless steel boarding ladder.
- 2 x 2 speed halyard winches - On coachroof.
- 2 x 2 speed secondary winches - On coachroof.
- 2 x 2 speed self-tailing primary winches - In cockpit.
Interior and accomodation
6 berths in 3 cabins including the saloon. Single aft heads.
- Woodwork and upholstery in good condition.
- Eberspacher diesel fired warm air central heating with thermostat control.
- Custom deck hatch which can be slid open. This feature provides lots of light and ventilation. It is secured at sea.
- V berth with infill to create a double as required.
- Hull side shelves.
- Locker to port and hanging locker to starboard.
- The port side berth extends to a small seat for dressing.
- Deck head hatch.
- Port side L shaped settee berth and starboard straight settee berth.
- Large central table with folding leaves and central bottle storage.
- Shelf out board to port and shelf with locker to starboard.
- Aft to starboard.
- Forward facing chart table with storage under the lid.
- Storage drawer and locker in the pedestal.
- Forward facing navigators' seat.
- Storage outboard for pilot books and navigation aids.
- Good sized galley to port.
- CNC machined Corian work surface, sink lid and sliding locker door.
- Pressurised hot and cold water system via mixer tap.
- Drinking water tap with filter.
- Large top loading refrigerated cold storage box with Isotherm refrigeration unit.
- Plenty of storage.
- High quality Nelson cooker with 2 burners, grill and thermostatically controlled oven. 2015.
- Heads to port aft of the galley.
- Jabsco toilet with final use freshwater flush.
- CNC machined Corian countertop with white sink and pressurised hot and cold water system via a mixer tap. The faucet extends to act as a shower.
- CNC machined sliding locker front.
- additional Storage under the sink unit.
- Stowe Depth.
- Stowe Wind.
- Stowe Speed.
- Tiller pilot.
- Magnetic compass.
Machinery and propulsion
- Volvo Penta 2003 27hp diesel engine fitted new in 2011.
- Approx. 800hrs.
- Owner serviced every year.
- Gearbox upgraded with a HEX shaft rather than the original splined shaft.
- Gori 2 blade folding bronze pop.
Rig and Sails
- Silver anodised twin spreader masthead rig.
- Complete new stainless steel standing rigging 2021.
- Silver anodised boom. Goose neck replaced 2015.
- Roller reefing headfoil system.
- Deck stowed spinnaker pole.
- Full width cockpit mainsheet track with cascade mainsheet system.
- Genoa tracks with rope adjustable cars.
- Primary control lines lead aft to coachroof winches.
- Nicholson Hughs Dacron slab reefing mainsail with 3 reefs. New 2019.
- Nicholson Hughs Dacron roller reefing headsail.
- Light weather spinnaker.
- Heavy weather spinnaker.
- Laminate Light No.1
- Laminate Heavy No.1
- Dacron Blade No.3
- 12v ships electrical system with distribution panel at the Nav. station.
- 12v power outlets 3 x below deck and 1 on deck.
- Domestic batteries - 110ah and 2 x 90ah.
- Engine battery - 110ah.
- 70ah engine alternator.
- Sterling alternator to battery charger.
- Invertor with chart table control.
- 12v lighting with LED bulbs.
- 240v shore power. 2 circuits with outlet sockets.
- Galvanic isolator.
- Mast wiring all renewed 2018
- 12V TV. DVD player not working. Owners use their laptop via HDMI.
- Stereo radio with Aux-USB and Bluetooth inputs. Saloon and deck speakers.
Plumbing and tankage
- Fuel tank - 1 x 83L
- Fresh water - 2 x 150L tanks.
- Hot water calorifier heated via engine or 240v immersion heater.
Any safety equipment such as life raft's, Epirb's, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owner’s specific needs.
- Navigation light.
- Manual and electric bilge pumps.
- Life belt.
- Fire extinguishers.
- Fire blanket.
- The hull has some osmotic blisters which appear now and again. This is not a structural issue, and the owner manages these when they appear by grinding them out and epoxy filling prior to the new season. Given the value of the boat there would be little point in a full hull osmosis treatment.
- This was one of a batch of boats that were recalled by Beneteau between 1983-1986. All of which exhibited this problem. All were recoated but it reoccurred around 2014 which is not unexpected.
- The price asked reflects this.
Up Doune is an extremely comfortable and seaworthy yacht. Having sailed her in excess of 50kts windspeed we can vouch for her seaworthiness. We have never had to use more than two reefs although reassuring to have a 3rd. She is also pleasingly swift and will leave most similar sized yachts in her wake.
Thanks to the original owners, she has six winches, all oversized for yachts of that time which makes sail handling very easy, and I have sailed her solo many times
She has served us well over the last 12 years, extensively sailing the West Coast of Scotland but having now retired and spending our sailing season in the med, we have decided it is not fair to have her sitting on the hard when she could be enjoyed by someone else.
One thing we have realised over the years is you never "own" Up Doune but are merely a custodian and as long as you look after her, she will always look after you and your family.
- Owned by the current owners since 2010 who have cruised extensively as a couple on the West Coast of Scotland.
- Bill's of Sale showing more than 5 years title.
- HMRC declaration of VAT paid status.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as life rafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owner’s specific needs.
Whilst we make best effort to obtain documentation from Vendors it is advisable to check what is available before travelling to view or making an offer.
|Model motor||Penta 2003|
|Drinkwatertank||2 x 150 l ()|
|Brandstoftank||1 x 83 l ()|