1 of 13
|Merk||Anker & Jensen|
In 1928 Johan Anker received a request from the Royal Götheborg Yacht Club in Sweden to design a small, fixed-keel junior-boat with a nice counter stern and a sail area of around 20 square metres, the cost of which had to be affordable for the general public. The result was the Dragon Class. The famous Norwegian owner, gold medal winner at the 1912 Olympics with the 12MR Magda IX, Halfdan Hansen, examined the design and declared: "A delightful and spacious boat, fast and reliable on the water".
Johan Anker's design was distributed to many countries and within a few years hundreds of Dragons were built. Due to its success and sailing characteristics, the Dragon became an Olympic Class in 1948.
Even the great yacht designer and historian Uffa Fox declared the excellent characteristics of this boat, the rationality of its structure and simplicity of construction. Kings and princes have raced on Dragons ...Famous was the Dragon Blue Bottle built in 1948 by Camper & Nicholson for Prince Philip Duke of Edinbourgh .
The Blue Mallard was built by Bodreme Rolands, a renowned Norwegian shipyard, in 1949 for an Italian owner following the class rules according to the 1926 design of the famous J. Anker.
The all-wood structure and teak deck give her a timeless charm. Blue Mallard, sail number ITA-2, was the second Dragon built for an Italian owner, the first being Ausonia, ITA-1, built in 1948. Blue Mallard has belonged to some of the most outstanding personalities in the world of sailing and yachting in Italy throughout her long life. The two famous yachts were restored with great care and skill by the Pezzini shipyard in Viareggio in 2010-2011.
Length: 8.9 m
Name: Blue Mallard
Flag : Italy
Yard : Bodreme Rolands - Norway
Material : Pitch Pine
Width: 1.9 m
Draught: 1,4 m
Ballast: 1000 Kg
Displacement: 1700 Kg
Maximum of passengers: 4
Water capacity: -
Number of engines: 1
Power: 3 hp
Engine type: Electric
Engine brand: Haswing Protruar G3 1.2kW
Engine hours: 20
About 10 years ago, she underwent a major restoration at the Pezzini Shipyard in Viareggio, which involved the hull structure, deck, mast, boom, spinnaker, fittings and various parts of the cockpit.
The boat has always been optimally preserved, and in recent years has only been used during the spring and summer seasons. Normally placed in sheltered storage during the winter period or during periods of non-use. The cockpit, bilge and below deck are in excellent condition and are periodically inspected and maintained. All hardware, blocks, sheets and halyards are in very good condition and periodically inspected and maintained.
Original wooden mast, boom and spinnaker boom.
Steel cradle with industrial trolley type wheels.
Awning, mainsail cover, cockpit cover and 2 shaped tarpaulins for fore/aft deck.
|Lengte over dek||8.9m|