A beautifully prepared Custom family cruiser by Bill Dixon based on the Moody 471 hull.
'Majestic' was moulded in 1988 by Colin Burns and Vic Pascoe, builders of Eight 60' Round the World Race Yachts for Sir Robin Knox Johnston. This boat was completed by the highly regarded team at Osmotec and Blue Chip Marine based at Hamble Point in 2019 on behalf of the vendor.
Sadly, due to unforeseen reasons the owners plans have been put on hold and she is now offered for sale with full RCD certification being prepared and VAT paid acknowledgement held.
If considering an 'Oyster', 'Hylas', 'Kraken', 'Southerly', Halberg, Najad or Malo of a similar length then this boat must be viewed. This is your opportunity to complete the spec and set sail be it far away or near by.
Meer specificaties, uitrusting en informatie:
Naam van boot
Kiel: Fin kiel
Lengte over alles: 14.48 m
Breedte: 4.17 m
Lengte over water: 11.81 m
Minimum diepgang: 1.67 m
Maximum diepgang: 1.67 m
Waterverplaatsing: 12700 kg
Totaal vermogen: 127 HP
Merk motor: Yanmar
Type motor: 4LE-HTE
Type motor: Binnenboord
Schroef: 3 bladschroef
Type aandrijving: Directe aandrijving
Motorvermogen: 127 HP
Aantal watertanks: 2 (316 Liter)
Aantal brandstoftanks: 2 (316 Liter)
Aantal afvalstoffentanks: 1
Aantal enkele bedden: 2
Aantal dubbele bedden: 2
Aantal toiletten: 2
Bill Dixon designed Custom built 3 cabin, 2 heads, centre cockpit family cruiser based on the Moody 471 hull and fitted out by Osmotec and Blue Chip Marine at Hamble Point Marina
Hull, Deck and Keel
Centre Cockpit layout cruiser.
Single laminate GRP hull and deck in easily maintained white Gel coat.
Hull enhanced with teak laid deck and blue cavetta line and boot top.
- Stainless steel Split Pulpit.
- Stainless steel Pushpit with access to and from deck - transom complete with boarding ladder..
- Twin guardrails with mid deck gates.
- 8 ( 4 x each side ) x Robust stainless steel 'Bitts' in lieu of cleats, giving additional strength and height for varying mooring scenarios.
- Water, Fuel and Waste access points staggered the length of the Starboard side deck.
- 2 x Lewmar opening hatches on the aft deck.
- 2 x Lewmar opening hatches in Saloon roof
- 2 x opening hatches forward of the raised saloon roof and forward of mast.
- 1 x Lewmar opening forehatch
- Note: 1 x Winch - Electric
- 2 x Halyard winches ( Harken single speed 44's )
- Above fed by 8 x Spinlock cam cleats ( cam 08.14 )
- 2 x Harken 2 speed 66 self tailing Primary winches..
- 2 x Harken 2 speed 55 self tailing secondary winches.
- Winch handle pocket in the cockpit
- Blue Acrylic Sprayhood New 2019
Cockpit Wheel and Binnacle
- Lewmar 'folding' stainless steel wheel.
- Engine Throttle and Gear.
- 'Side Power' Bow thruster controls.
- 4 x Cockpit drains
- Folding Cockpit table
- Perspex wash boards to accommodation
- Scan strut Binnacle Pod with instruments as below;
- VHF Cockpit speaker
- Raymarine Hybrid plotter
- Raymarine GPS
- Raymarine Echosounder
- Raymarine Wind speed and Direction
- Raymarine Log and Speed
- Autopilot Head ( Unit to be installed )
- Bilge pump
- Engine start and instruments.
- Stereo speaker
- Exhaust Alarm
- Lewmar Delta Anchor with 50metres of chain and 20 metres of warp.
- Twin bow roller
- Lewmar Electric Anchor windlass with Warping drum
- Self draining Anchor locker
General Deck Gear
- Staysail anchorage point aft of anchor locker
- Genoa tracks and adjustable cars.
- 2 x Dorade vents to saloon.
- Boarding ladder
Interior and Accommodation
Accessed by stylish but strong companionway steps.
Nav station to Port.
Galley to Starboard.
1. Main Saloon:
- 'L' Shaped wrap around *( the saloon table ) settee to port with storage out board.
- Contemporary and smart saloon table
- Settee to Starboard.
- Storage cupboards out board.
- Storage under settees.
2. Aft cabin:
- Large comfortable Island bed with access from either side.
- Dressing table and quiet 'sit out' space to port side.
3. Aft Cabin en-suite
- comprising of wash basin, WC and 'Wet room'.
4. Mid fwd cabin: with
- 2 x Bunks, the upper one having the ability to hinge up and away to create a spacious single cabin.
- Ample Storage comprising cupboard, shelves and cave lockers.
- Power sockets
- Large double 'V' Berth.
- Storage comprising hanging lockers and shelf lockers
6. Forecabin Heads
Sea worthy galley to starboard with working surfaces outboard and inboard ensuring the galley can be used safely at sea and that the cook can be secure as they work.
- Corian work surface
- Wallas diesel fed convection cooker and hob
- Pressurised hot and cold water.
- Vitrifrigo Fridge
- Vitrifrigo 3 drawer freezer
- Storage above and below work surface
Nav station and Chart table.
Chart table with storage and Navigators seat.
- Mast battery switch and 12v DC Distribution panel
- Webasto central heating control
- Sterling Battery monitor
- Bilge pump controls.
- Ships switch panel for Autopilot, Nav station electronics, Helm electronics, Radar, Radio, Helm instruments, Sonar, Instruments, DC Main, Stove, Engine room lights, Fresh water pump, Refrigerator, Shower sump pump, Entertainment centre, TV, 12v DC outlets, DC Lights, Interior lights, AC Main 30a, Reverse polarity, water heater, Battery charger, Outlets, Appliances, Aft cabin outlets and forward cabin outlets.
- Switch panel with controls for Anchor light, Running Lights, Steaming light, Spreader light, Nav lights and internal lights.
- 230volt/50HZ Distribution panel - Shore / Generator / Inverter.
- Gauges for Fuel x 2 and Water x 2
- Raymarine VHF with fist mic.
- Fusion MS/750 Stereo
- Raymarine Hybrid touch plotter
- Raymarine Multi function Display
- All Raymarine Instrumentation current, newly installed and warranted.
Systems and electrical
2. Charging via shower power and alternator.
Rig and Sails
Selden Keel stepped Mast head 2 spreader ( Slight sweep back ) Cutter rigged Aluminium mast and boom with solid kicker.
Stainless steel Continuous standing rigging.
Selden Roller furling foil.
Stack Pack Mainsail.
Slab reefing led back to the cockpit.
- Mainsail by Crusader. 2019
- Roller Furling Genoa by Crusader. 2019
Engines and Propulsion
Yanmar 4LE - HTE 4 Cylinder 127hp Diesel driving a straight shaft to folding Gori prop via an Aqua-Drive flexible coupling ensuring a smoother and quieter drive.
Indirect cooling with heat exchange. Sealed cooling unit and ability to supply hot water.
55 litre twin coil calorifier (Hot water tank). 8 litre accumulator tank.
Hydraulic steering with wheel in centre cockpit.
Navigation and Instruments.
Raymarine with warranty from August 2019.
- Raymarine 70 VHF with GPS and AIS and cockpit speaker.
- Raymic 60/70
- 7" Multifunction display (no chart )
- 9" Plotter, eS98 multi function with sonar - Hybrid Touch
- 12", eS128 multifunction plotter.
- Fish finder module
- Wind speed and Direction.
- Autopilot ( Head fitted - Ram and drive to be installed )
- Stack pack mainsail cover with Lazy jacks
- Wheel and binnacle cover.
The boat has been built by acknowledged professionals from 'keel to truck' here at Hamble Point, experienced and highly regarded craftsmen have been engaged to produce the bespoke custom interior desired by the owners of this boat.
Sadly the owner was not able to see his desired boat come to fruition and has brought her to market after a short sea trial to ensure all is satisfactory for the new owners.
This is a great opportunity to buy a recognised modern classic with easy, stiff and stable cruising performance, married with modern and up to date equipment to enhance the enjoyment of short handed secure cruising.
Having a boat with up to date equipment and systems including over £10,000.00 worth of Raymarine equipment is reassuring when one wants to set sail.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as life rafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owner’s specific needs.
*This price is based on today's currency conversion rate.