The custom 92 footer (28 metres) is the new flagship of Bering’s Custom line and embodies the result of the creative process between the client and the shipyard.
Bering 92 reimagines and combines many stylistic elements already known to the Bering brand - solid steel/aluminum construction, long-range capabilities, full displacement hull and high interior volumes, adding an elegant and timeless exterior matched with an equally elegant interior design.
As with all the other vessels in the Bering fleet, everything is personalized to the smallest details according to the owner’s wishes, offering the opportunity to implement all the needs and desires on his/her Bering yacht.
The B92 is designed with a displacement of 275,000 pounds (125 metric tons), will carry 4,000 gallons of fuel (15,000 liters) and will be able to cruise for more than 3,500 miles using a pair of Cummins QSL9 410 hp engines. She will be able to reach a top speed of 13 knots and a comfortable cruising speed of 11 knots.
Length Overall (LOA) - 29.08 m
Beam Overall - 6.74 m
Draft (with full fuel load) - 1.70 m
Displacement Full Load - 147 metric tons
Fuel Capacity - 21,000 L
Cruise Speed - 9 knots
Maximum Speed - 13 knots
Range - 3,500+ nautical miles
Hull constructed using marine grade steel AH-36. Bottom plates and integrated tanks and hull sides - 6 mm. Superstructure - 6-10 мм made of marine grade aluminum 5083.
The hull is divided by four watertight bulkheads creating five compartments.
Flybridge arch, roof and mast are made of aluminum.
The furniture on the flybridge, on upper deck, on bow deck and on cockpit are made of fiberglass.
The hull below waterline is covered with three layers of black antifouling paint.
Hull above the waterline, deck and superstructure putty with Technomarine.
Yacht quality fairing above the waterline with Alexseal paint finish.
All bulkheads are reinforced steel construction, with sound and heat insulation per Bering Yachts drawings.
All the interior steel surfaces of the vessel are treated with epoxy primer after thorough surface preparation.
Appropriate zinc plates installed for galvanic protection.
Two Cummins QSM–11 455HP 1200 BHP @ 2100 rpm, raw water, heat exchanger cooled with wet exhaust. 24V electrical. Combined total power of 2,400 HP. Glendinning EEC4 electronic engine controls in the pilot house. Main engines installed on soft engine mounts with weight adjusters.
(2) ZF marine transmissions.
(2) Seatorque shafts.
(2) 5-blade propellers.
(2) Sea water intake with strainers for engines.
Reverso GP-3014-24 (2 valves 24V) oil change system for engines.
Reverso GP-3014-24 (2 valves 24V) oil change system for gear boxes.
260 gal (985 L) tank for "NEW" oil.
400 gal (1,515 L) tank for "used" oil and oily waste.
(2) Centek vertical combo-sep mufflers with De Angelo exhaust mixers. Exhaust outlets on port and starboard sides of the hull.
(2) 20 square foot (1,85 sq.m) air foil steel rudders with 4,72" (120 mm) diameter steel rudder stock mounted on rudder shoe bearings. Rudder posts in lazarette above waterline and attach to bronze rudder arms.
Kobelt hydraulic power steering system with electric full follow up steering.
Three station with Kobelt Multi-Purpose Electronic Controller and Glendinning ProPilot Joystick Control - option.
Zinc anodes on rudders to ensure galvanic corrosion protection.
(2) 150Kg N-type Pool stainless steel anchors. Fitted using 316 stainless steel pockets - port and starboard.
Divided chain locker with fresh water flush system, drains overboard.
400 Feet of 16mm zinc coated anchor chain per side. Rated for high working loads.
316 polished stainless steel bow protection plate.
(2) Maxwell 6000 series hydraulic winches with on deck foot switches and remote controls at pilothouse and on flybridge. Digital chain counters with displays in pilothouse and on flybridge. Dual chain stoppers with tensioners. Stainless steel, grooved bow rollers. Rated Capacity at Chainwheel - 6000 lbs/2720 Kg Chain Speed - 46 ft/min / 14 m/min Required Hydraulic Pressure - 3300 p.s.i. / 226 Bar
(2) Sidepower SH550/386TC hydraulic thrusters - bow and stern. Duty thrust up to 1210 lbs / 550kg Tunnel I.D. - 15.2 in / 386 mm Hydraulic power up to 57.8 Hp / 43.1 kW
(3) heavy duty bollards installed on bow. (4) heavy duty bollards mounted on the aft deck. Two stainless steel hawse pipes with horn cleats mounted amidship port and starboard. All mooring components are polished stainless steel with chafe guards.
(2) Muir V3500 (1,500W 24V) electric rope capstans mounted in cockpit.
a. Main features
Entire AC and DC electrical system designed and installed in compliance with BV electrical standards.
50 Hz 230V AC power standard.380V 3-phase AC, powered by the generators and shore power.
24V DC power standard.
Primary distribution 120V/240V AC and 24 V DC electrical panels, inverters, battery chargers, batteries and battery management panels are located in the engine room.
Secondary 24V DC and 12V DC panels are located in the pilot house.
All wires are labeled at each end.
All wire connections are properly insulated.
All electrical hardware is bonded to the hull.
Dedicated circuit breaker for each circuit.
b. Power source generators
(3) Onan Marine 27QD generators, 230 V, 50Hz, generators enclosed in soundsheilds installed in engine room. Wet exhaust muffler with exhaust separator.
(3) Sea water intake with Groco 1½” strainers for generators.
Both generators have digital display controls in pilothouse.
Both generators have automatic safety shutdowns with fault indicators.
2 Racor 1000 fuel filters with 30 micron elements.
(2) Cablemaster CM-7 63 Amp 24VDC shore cord managers.
(2) 63 Amp 120V/240V 30 meters shore power cords in Cablemasters.
(2) 63 Amp shore power breaker boxes.
(2) marine isolation transformers 15KWA/230V/50-60Hz.
(18) Victron 220AH AGM batteries, deep cycle, 12 VDC. Total capacity is 3,960 Amp Hours.
All starter batteries charged by (2) engine (80 Amps each) and (3) generator driven alternators (40 Amps each).
Electrical system status controller Victron VE. Net Blue Power Panel 2 (BPP2) located in pilothouse.
Victron BMV-702 battery display located in pilothouse.
Victron Phoenix charger 12/30 for charging electronics backup battery located in pilothouse.
Victron Skylla-i 24/100 charger (110VAC/45-65Hz) for charging starting battery from generator or shorepower.
(4) Victron MultiPlus 5kW (24/5000/120-100 110V VE.Bus) inverter/chargers for charging house battery bank from generator or shorepower.
(2) 4D 240AH Vision AGM batteries for the engines start with crossover switch. Connected in series for 24 VDC.
(2) 4D 240AH Vision AGM batteries for the generators start with crossover switch. Connected in series for 24 VDC.
(2) 4D 240AH Vision AGM batteries for 13.5 kW generator start. Connected in series for 24 VDC.
(12) 4D 240AH Vision batteries for house system.
(1) 4D 240AH Vision batteries for nav/com electronics located in pilothouse.
All batteries covered with fiberglass caps.
Battery cutoff switches located in the engine room.
(8) Main fuel tanks. Total capacity 16,560 litters.
(2) "Day Tank" fuel tanks. Total capacity 4,440 liters .
Fresh water system
Built-in fresh water tanks. Total capacity 3,500 litters.
Steel construction with baffles and inspection plate, coated with FDA approved enamel.
Black and gray water systems
Maretron water tank's level system by NMEA 2000 with display.
2,600 L integrated gray water tank with enamel coated interior to seal the steel tank and includes a level indicator. Headhunter Vortex overboard macerator pumps shore pump out.
2,600 L integrated black water tank with enamel coated interior to seal the steel tank and includes a level indicator. Headhunter Vortex overboard macerator pumps for shore pump out.
Sea water system
Engines and generators are sea water cooled with stainless steel sea cocks and Groco strainers.
(2) built-in sea chests connected by Trident hose with two way valves.
Sea water intake with Groco strainers for all equipment.
All through hull fittings and sea cocks are stainless steel.
Side Power integrated hydraulic system. Includes all necessary components to operate bow and stern thrusters, two windlasses, two capstans and active stabilization system.
The integrated hydraulic system is driven by live PTOs on the main engines and generators.