Madelyn Rose III is currently the only Volvo Powered Sabre 42 Salon Express Available on the East Coast!
Lovingly cared for and maintained by it's current owner, MRIII is only available as the owner has opted to upgrade to a larger Sabre. She features the preferred Volvo propulsion with the horsepower upgrade to IPS600's with 435 hp D6 engines. She will reach cruising speeds of 32 knots and top end of 35+ knots, but also offers the features that has allowed Volvo to dominate this market--efficiency AND innovation.
MRII also offers several thoughtful upgrades making her a user friendly and turnkey cruising yacht. A partial list include:
Contrasting Beige non-skid
Volvo IPS 600 in lieu of Cummins Zeus
Fresh water wash-down forward
Seagull water purifying filter to galley sink
Seagull water purifying filter to ice- maker
Fusion marine with four speakers
Search light mounted on hardtop
FRP molded mast
Kahlenberg dual chrome horns
Hot and cold transom shower
Cockpit grill cabinet with sink, faucet, corian cover and icemaker
Accord shades on all opening ports
Sunbrella fabric in forward cabinet mattress
Ocean Air Shades in Pebbles Ivory in lieu of standard
Ultraleather upholstery in main salon
Optional dinette in second cabin win convertible berth, in lieu of fixed berth
2nd cabin doors removed to second cabin, and wall cut back for open access to dinette from galley
Mirror in upper and lower panels in head door
Replace white head cabinet doors with cherry panel
- Modified Deep “V” Planing hull design, with shallow pod drive tunnels.
- 16º deadrise at transom, 23º deadrise amidships.
- ISO NPG white gelcoat w/vinylester back-up resin.
- Bottom, topsides and transom VIP Resin infused biaxial E-glass with Corecell SAN foam core.
- Stringer system biaxial E-glass with foam core.
- VIP Resin Infused swim platform with molded-in anti-skid surface and under-mount ladder
- Hull side rubbing strakes.
- PVC rub rail with stainless steel cap.
- Painted (Urethane) double boot top.
- Gold recessed cove stripe.
DECK and HARDTOP
- ISO NPG gelcoat.
- VIP resin infused biaxial E-glass with balsa core.
- Molded-in anti-skid deck surfaces.
- Sliding windows in salon on cabin sides.
- Drop down windows in salon aft bulkhead.
- Hinged access door to side deck at helm.
- Flush, outward opening, transom door with latch.
- Anchor locker with slam latch.
- Lazarette hatch with gas struts and compression latches.
- Hand rails at each corner on cockpit coaming.
- Large engine room hatch in main salon with compression latch.
- Stainless steel bi-fold aft salon door
- 1 1/4" Diameter type 316 stainless steel perimeter rail system.
- (6) 12” Stainless steel cleats (2 fwd, 4 mid ship, 2 in aft cockpit)
- (1) 10” Stainless steel cleat to starboard of windlass as anchor rode tie off.
- (2) Custom cast stainless steel mid-rail line chocks.
- (2) Custom cast stainless steel skene chocks forward.
- (4) Cast stainless steel hawse pipes in transom and hull sides.
- Stainless steel bow pulpit with dual anchor roller for 35# CQR or Delta anchor and “lunch hook”.
- Anchor windlass, electric rope-chain type.
- Flag staff and socket on taffrail.
- Burgee staff on bow pulpit.
- (3) Lewmar Low Profile polished aluminum hatches w/screens.
- (6) Custom stainless steel opening port lights.
- Teak toe rails.
- Teak cabin side eye-brow.
- Custom cast stainless steel “SABRE” medallion.
- Cummins DTS single lever electronic controls.
- One Cummins Smart Craft display (engine data, tank levels, vessel data, alarms).
- Triple windshield wipers with washers, electronic control
- Ritchie Compass.
- Switch controls for horn, running lights, anchor light, engine room blower and optional equipment.
- Stazo 400mm custom teak steering wheel with tilt helm and Sabre logo.
- (2) Stidd N-series single helm seats w/Ultraleather fabric.
- Volvo IPS 600 package with 435 hp D6 diesel engines, Digital Positioning System (DPS), Active Control Protection (ACP)
- Lenco Trim Tabs
- 120A, 12V alternators each engine.
- (2) Exhaust by-pass mufflers.
- Engine room blower.
- Engine room vent ducts.
- Engine room floor with FRP anti-skid.
- White gelcoated engine room
- Mylar face foam noise barrier.
- (2) 190 gal diesel fuel tanks port and starboard.
- Racor fuel filters with water in fuel probes.
- (2) 2” “Diesel” deck fill plates.
STEERING and TRIM SYSTEMS
- CMD helm, with joystick.
- Trim tabs integrated in CMD Zeus pod drives.
- Autopilot integrated in CMD Zeus system.
- GPS receiver includedwith Skyhook
- “Skyhook” GPS position hold system.
12VDC ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- Two AGM Group 31 dedicated engine start batteries.
- Two AGM 4D deep cycle ship's service batteries.
- One AGM Group 24 generator start battery.
- Remote control battery switches with controls at helm.
- Manual emergency battery crossover switch.
- Illuminated main circuit breaker distribution on bulkhead opposite galley
- Digital battery monitor.
LED cabin reading lights.
High output LED lights in the overhead.
Tri-color lights over helm station
LED strip lighting in appropriate locations.
LED engine room lighting.
LED cockpit courtesy lights.
- Marine-grade, tinned wire throughout.
12VDC USB charging station at helm and in all cabins
120VAC ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- Onan 9.0 kw generator including:
Onan E Series display
Dedicated start battery.
Water lift muffler.
Cooling water intake strainer.
- (75) ft shore power cord 220v/50A with Glendinning cord reel.
- Isolation transformer
- Illuminated main circuit breaker distribution panel.
- Digital AC system monitor
- (1) 120V outlet in each cabin and (1) in engine room.
- All galley and head receptacles are GFI protected.
- Additional outlets positioned in locations appropriate for entertainment systems in main and forward cabin
- 50amp, 3-bank battery charger
- Reverse cycle heat/ air conditioning in (3) zones.
- Spacious Island Berth layout with 5" cushion. ¾” laminated trim.
- Cherry hull ceilings.
- (2) Drawers under berth. A/C return grills under drawers.
- (2) drawers in bureau w/locker w/shelf above and single louvered door.
- Upper enclosed shelves with storage behind. Locker face to have (2) louvered doors.
- Recessed shelf with fiddle on starboard main bulkhead with 19” flat screen TV and DVD player.
- Large cedar lined hanging locker to port, with louvered door, shelf and hangar pole.
- Open shelf above port hanging locker.
- Teak and holly sole.
- Sound deadening soft headliner panels.
- Pocket door to forwardstateroom.
- Double berth, 5" foam cushions, ¾” laminated trim.
- Cherry hull ceilings.
- (4) Drawers under berth, A/C return grille beside.
- Forward bulkhead storage locker, and shelf.
- Night stand with drawers below.
- Teak and holly sole.
- Sound deadening soft headliner panels.
- Pocket doors between lower foyer and second stateroom.
- Optional dinette available in this space.
- Surface mounted LED TV
- Stainless steel under mount oval sink.
- Circular shower stall with seat and locker outboard.
- Hot and cold pressure water
- Electric shower sump pump.
- Storage lockers.
- Solid surface vanity top with bull nose.
- Towel bar.
- Wood trimmed mirror over sink.
- Ventilation blower.
- Mid level galley.
- Solid surface galley counter top.
- Galley sole is Birds Eye Maple
- Stainless steel under mount sink with Scandvik faucet.
- Vitrifrigo 2-drawer Refrigeration with stainless steel doors.
- Isotherm 1-drawer Freezer with stainless steel door.
- Two burner touch control electric cook top.
- Convection microwave with stainless steel door above aft counter.
- Cabinet with two louvered doors on forward bulkhead.
- Drawers and storage lockers below counter.
- Built-in waste basket.
- Large drawer under microwave opens athwartships
- “L” settee to port, 5” foam cushions, with storage and Sabre tool drawer under. Sunbrella fabric seat coverings
- High Gloss finished folding table with hi-low pedestal, lowers to coffee table height.
- End table to starboard with 32” flat screen LED TV on lift
- Sound deadening, soft headliner panels.
- Settee to starboard with drop down storage under
- Two Stidd N series helm chairs for Captain and mate
Fusion stereo, speakers in salon and cockpit
- Varnished cherry interior finish.
- Screens on all opening ports.
- Ocean Air screen/blinds on deck hatches.
- Ocean Air blinds on side windows and side door (not windshield)
- Optional fabric and drapery selections.
- Dovetailed maple drawer boxes
FRESH WATER SYSTEM
- Water capacity 140 gals.
- Stainless steel, 11 gal. hot water heater, operates on 110-VAC or engine heat.
- Temperature control valve on hot water supply.
- Hot and cold water pressure system 12V.
- Cockpit shower, hot and cold.
- Optional Fresh water wash down in anchor locker.
- Polyethylene holding tank with 60 gallon capacity.
- Jabsco Quiet Flush fresh water MSD.
- Diaphragm waste pump on holding tank.
- Fire extinguishers, (4) at 2 1/2 lbs.
- Marelon sea valves on all thru-hull fittings below waterline.
- Bonding system to safeguard against galvanic corrosion.
- Automatic fire extinguishing discharge system in engine space with override.
- (3) Automatic 12V electric bilge pumps.
- (3) High water switches and alarm.
(2) Garmin 7612vsx Multifunciton, Touchscreen Displays
Garmin 24" HD Radar Dome
Garmin Sounder Module
Garmin 300 VHF w/ 4' Whip Antenna
Garmin Wireless Remote
Volvo Autopilot with Separate Control Display
Volvo Joystick with DPS
KVH TV3 with (2) recievers
HD Digital TV Antenna
Fusion Stereo (2) zone with 4 speakers and zone remote control