The amazing J/70!
Primarily locally raced in small fleets(less than 10 boats), one owner boat, dry sailed.
While she is a 2014 model, only purchased in 2015, the boat has only been used sparingly for 4 summers.
Triad galvanized boat trailer including hull guides, spare tire, rear jacks(2), bow last/mast rack.
Fully equipped for racing including many upgrades, such as all new lines, boom vang deck blocks, main halyard, jib sock, padded bags for rudder, tiller and boom.
Includes keel crane, spinnaker bag installed, mast cover, 2 new lifting straps, shroud keepers,
Includes 2 sets of Quantum sails (jib, mainsail and spinnakers), one set was used for 2 regattas only, mast travel cover.
Off Season Inside Stored.
Sunnybrook Yachts is a professional yacht dealership and brokerage firm with eleven brokers located in boating areas from Newfoundland to Ontario.
Sunnybrook has been providing yacht sales expertise since 1990, with over two hundred years of combined experience and representing new yachts from Alerion, Back Cove, Island Packet, Jeanneau, J/Boats, Leopard, NorthCoast and Tartan Yachts.
In addition to new and pre-owned yacht sales, Sunnybrook can provide service and refit management with a full time, year round service team in Chester that focuses their efforts on our clients yachts. The service team’s capabilities include all aspects of commissioning new vessels, yacht refit and repair along with captain services.
For an appointment to see the boat or if you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com or try our office at 902.275.2424.
Listing Broker: Jim Snair
The J/70 introduces a new dimension of fun, fast sailing in a stable, easy to own boat. A natural evolution of its J pedigree, the J/70's 22-foot long waterline with high aspect, all carbon rig and deep, lifting bulb keel provides spirited performance and stability that feels like a much larger boat. Knifing through the water upwind with confidence and ease, the J/70 has that legendary “J” feel - light, controllable with a wide-groove to sail consistently fast. With an adjustable cascading backstay, one has total control over sail shape and dynamic rig tension across the full range of conditions, making it not only easy to change gears on the J/70, but faster and safer. Off the wind, J/70 will simply light-up the crew with a smile! Set the masthead asymmetrical spinnaker off the retractable carbon bowsprit, point the J/70 where you want with its deep, high-aspect rudder and the J/70 pops up on a plane and takes off in a moderate breeze.
J/70 is all about making sailing inclusive, not exclusive. With its easily driven hull, large cockpit, and manageable three sail inventory, the J/70 is perfect for three adults, two couples, or four juniors. Sailing is about friends, it’s the joy of sharing the experience with others. When your family and friends can enjoy sailing in all weather, the return on investment will be high.
TRAILERABLE- EASY TRANSPORT & LAUNCHING
In today’s crowded harbors, it’s not always possible or economical to own a permanent mooring, marina slip or rent space in a dry lot with crane. J/70 offers a practical solution. Launch at the local boat ramp, raise the lightweight all carbon rig, lower the lifting bulb keel, hoist the sails and off you go on a sailing adventure in less than 30 minutes. The only limitations are how far you want to drive and willingness to camp in the great outdoors. Trailerable behind a family minivan or SUV, you can go anywhere.
The hull form was initially cut with a 5-axis robotic milling machine, and then faired and long-boarded to match hull fairing templates (see below).
Durable tooling gelcoat was then sprayed, sanded and buffed to a mirror finish for final inspection and measurement.
Creature comforts come in many forms on the J/70. The 11' long cockpit and moderate height boom allow easy crew movement across the cockpit while tacking and jibing. For sitting and hiking comfort, mid-height padded backrests/lifelines run cockpit length, making J/70 one of the most comfortable boats to helm without having to rely on hiking straps to keep you in the boat.
The small cabin below is a bonus, and provides weather protection, a place to nap and personal privacy... essential to keeping everyone happy if spending a day on the water. And, for children safety is paramount.
The J/70 has convenient, on-deck stowage for an outboard engine, providing safe, quick access to the transom. This means one can sail further away from homeport without worrying about paddling home or hailing for a tow. Race Committees can start races on time and finish them later in the day without having to arrange towboats. And, if a storm hits quickly, sails can be dropped, the engine turned on and the crew can head for home fast and safely.
• J/70 hull laminated with biaxial and unidirectional E- glass fabrics and balsa core for rugged durability. Deck molded with similar glass fabrics and Corecell foam core. High density core material and additional glass reinforcements are placed in way of highly loaded hardware. All laminates are engineered and built to required ISO structural standards.
• Molded internal bulkheads and ring frames with gelcoat finish, bonded to the hull and/or deck.
• Molded lift-keel structure jigged, aligned and integrally molded during primary hull layup.
• High strength, inward turning and overlapping hull to deck joint bonded with structural adhesive.
• Molded non-skid on horizontal deck surfaces.
• 4.75’ draft lifting keel with lead ballast featuring an
internal leading-edge kelp cutting mechanism operable from the cockpit while underway, SS lock down plate and a single point lifting ring w/2:1 aluminum keel crane lift system.
• (2) Harken investment cast diamond boat lift padeyes installed adjacent to keel P&S.
• High aspect transom mounted molded rudder.
• Lightweight aluminum outboard bracket mounted to
• Large self-draining cockpit with molded foot braces on centerline.
• Molded companionway cover both hinged & removable with lockable drop board.
with hoistable swivel and control line exiting aft face of
cabin house to cam cleat.
• Tack line cam cleat mounted to starboard on cabin.
• Composite tiller with Ronstan tiller extension.
• (4) Spinnaker sheet blocks with (2) outboard of primary
winches and (2) aft.
• (2) halyard lead blocks mounted at mast base.
• Four low height SS stanchions and two reinforced SS
stern rails at transom corners.
• 12” SS safety lines surrounding the cockpit with comfort
pads and termination points on deck edge forward of
• Transom lifeline gate with quick release.
• Foredeck U-bolt for mooring/dockline attachment.
• Interior ventilation hatch mounted on cabin house forward of mast.
(2) Harken SnubbAir low profile primary winches with cam cleats. Selden Spars carbon fiber mast with single swept aluminum spreaders and stainless thru-bar attachment, carbon masthead crane, and mainsail luff track. Easy to raise and lower with deck step design and tabernacle system. Mast finished in satin black with contrasting white bands.
Carbon fiber boom with internal 4:1 outhaul, mainsheet attachment point, outhaul and single reef sheaves. Finished in satin black with contrasting white bands. Carbon bow sprit with tack ferrule fitting, painted black finish and seal system mounted at sprit housing.
1 x 19 wire standing rigging with adjustable open body turnbuckles for shrouds.
Double ended boom vang system.
Running Rigging Package includes:
Main, jib & spinnaker halyards
Main sheet, spinnaker sheets, jib sheets Tack line, sprit control line
Vang control line
Traveler control lines
• Air dry gelcoat finish on hull & deck surfaces • Bench style molded seats P & S.
• Bin storage aft of seats.
• Molded liner platform with inspection port.
• Molded cockpit support bulkhead with inspection port. • Anodized aluminum compression post to transfer mast
step loads to internal hull structure. • Molded entry step.
• Molded foredeck toe-rails P & S.
• SS custom fabricated chain plates for shrouds and •
• Two Ronstan black anodized jib T tracks with cars to accommodate 2:1 jib sheet terminations.
• Two sets of Harken cam cleats on side deck for direct cleating the jib sheet to leeward or windward.
• 5:1 Harken mainsheet system leading to ratchet block and cam mounted on centerline swivel base.
• Adjustable mainsheet traveler with 2:1 control line and cam cleats P & S.
• Double ended backstay adjuster purchase system leading forward to P & S cam cleats.
• Internal bowsprit launching system to exit aft face of the cabin house to cam cleat.
• Harken Small Boat Underdeck headsail furling system