The Morris 42 is a collaboration between Chuck Paine and Morris Yachts that continues the Ocean Series tradition of combining strong, safe, offshore voyaging characteristics with comfortable live-aboard space and an ease of handling for short-handed sailing. As the Cruising World Overall Domestic Boat of the year winner of 2005, the design incorporates a traditional appearance above the waterline, a modern underbody, great sailing characteristics and a generous amount of interior volume for a traditional boat. Her modest draft allows her access to small harbors and anchorages that would be normally only accessible to smaller boats. REJOICE! is a two cabin, one head boat that was built for a repeat Morris owner to cruise and daysail in New England and Canada. She was thoughtfully optioned during construction and has been professionally cared for since new. She is in excellent condition inside heated storage with Morris Yacht Service in Northeast Harbor where she can be easily seen and inspected and her winter storage and annual maintenance is complete. REJOICE! includes a comprehensive amount of cruising gear from tools and charts to galleyware and blankets. She needs only to be launched and commissioned to be ready for her next owner to step aboard and go sailing.
PRICE REDUCED! Rejoice! was the last Ocean Series 42 built and is in excellent condition.
For more information on REJOICE! or any other Morris Yachts listings please contact Wythe Ingebritson at 207-664-8111 or email@example.com
Please contact Wythe Ingebritson at 207-664-8111 or 207-401-2802
Meer specificaties, uitrusting en informatie:
Naam van boot
Werf: Morris Yachts
Ontwerper: Chuck Paine
Vlag: United States
Kiel: Fin kiel
Lengte over alles: 42 ft 0 in
Breedte: 12 ft 7 in
Lengte over water: 32 ft 0 in
Maximum diepgang: 5 ft 3 in
Waterverplaatsing: 19400 lbs Half Geladen
Ballast: 7310 lbs
Doorvaarhoogte: 62 ft 9 in
Sta hoogte: 6 ft 4 in
Totaal vermogen: 56 HP
Merk motor: Yanmar
Type motor: 4JH4-AE
Type motor: Binnenboord
Schroef: 3 bladschroef
Type aandrijving: Saildrive
Motorvermogen: 56 HP
Aantal watertanks: Roestvrij staal (139 Gallons)
Aantal brandstoftanks: Aluminium (50 Gallons)
Aantal afvalstoffentanks: Aluminium (30 Gallons)
Aantal enkele bedden: 2
Aantal dubbele bedden: 2
Aantal toiletten: 1
REJOICE! is a beautiful example of the Morris Ocean Series 42 and was built to be easy and rewarding to sail for a couple with room for friends and family. Like many of Chuck Paine’s design, her hull form and sail plan result in sailing characteristics best described as “sea kindly” – her motion through the water is comfortable in a wide variety of conditions, making longer passages less fatiguing and more enjoyable. Her furling boom and electric winches combined with the layout of the primary and secondary winches aft by the helm make sailing single handed simple. Customization during the build resulted in 2” more headroom and berth length than standard as well as larger aft cabin. Careful attention was paid to layout and storage and lighting to create a comfortable safe environment for extended cruising. Recent upgrades include a new chartplotter and radar, new and upgraded saildrive and new batteries. Since new she has been used seasonally in the northeast, professionally cared for and updated and repaired to keep in like new condition. She has been fully serviced and stored inside heated storage at Morris Yachts. She includes a comprehensive amount of cruising gear from tools and charts to galleyware and blankets. REJOICE! needs only to be launched and commissioned to be ready for her next owner to step on with provisions and go sailing.
Hull and Deck
The hull is hand laid solid fiberglass construction vinylester resin with a layer of Kevlar in outer laminate for additional impact resistance. The hull is reinforced with four fiberglass, continuous, longitudinal, structural foam stringers and a pattern of fiberglass transverse stringers,
- Topsides Awlgripped “Jade Mist Green” with “Snow White” boot stripe, recessed gold leaf cove stripe and red bottom paint
- All major bulkheads are marine grade plywood and are glassed into the hull before it is removed from the mold.
- Morris “component structure” method includes bonding the complete interior structure to the hull and deck with fiberglass. Additional hull reinforcement and stiffening includes a reinforced fiberglass mast step, bottom transverse floor and engine mount, chainplate gussets and a matrix of plywood bulkheads, bunk faces and shelves all fiberglassed in place.
- PVC rub rail painted to match hull with stainless steel chafe strip
- Externally fastened lead keel with shoal draft performance design
- Carbon fiber balanced spade rudder with carbon fiber rudder post with upper and lower self-aligning bearings
Reinforced fiberglass, foam core, one-piece construction with a continuous integral bulwark reinforced with unidirectional fibers.. The flange is solid fiberglass where it attaches to the hull. Core is replaced by high-density foam where fasteners are required and solid hard glass in high load areas.
Hardware and deck fitting locations are drilled, tapped, bedded and thru bolted completely through the deck using backing plates and / or washers where appropriate.
- Sport Yacht White gelcoat with contrasting tan non-skid
- Integrated bulwark with varnished teak cap
- Stainless steel stem fitting with two anchor rollers
- (2) 12” stainless steel bow cleats, (2) 10” stainless steel midship cleats and (2) 10” stainless steel stern cleats
- Custom stainless steel chocks integrated into toe rail
- (4) stainless steel deck hatches
- (12) stainless steel opening ports with screens
- Two flush mounted fiberglass hatches access propane locker and storage at lazarette
- (2) varnished teak dorade boxes with stainless steel cowls with custom stainless steel guard
- Stainless steel ventilation cowl for chain locker (removable with cover)
- Varnished teak handrails and eyebrow on cabintop
- Stainless steel bow and stern rails and stanchions with double lifelines and gates port and starboard
- Two piece SS folding swim ladder with PVC treads. Mounting brackets are located at both boarding gates.
- Stern rail customized to extend forward to gate for additional security going forward
- Teak seat along middle rail of stern pulpit
- Teak outboard bracket mounted to stern rail
- Nova Lift outboard engine hoist mounted to stern rail
- SS deck fills with integral folding levers for all fuel, water and holding tanks.
- Folding padeyes for jacklines on port and starboard side decks
The cockpit is laid out for comfortable shorthanded sailing with emphasis on ergonomics and safety.
- Coaming sides and cabin back are angled for more comfortable seating and full length settees port and starboard provide ample seating and lounging.
- Cockpit sole and seats are covered with teak decking and coaming tops are clad with varnished teak
- Cockpit seat cushions in Charcoal Gray Sunbrella with Silver piping
- Dodger with roll up front window and large side windows on folding stainless steel bows. Aft bow has grab rail on aft side with Elkhide cover. Removable side extensions for dodger for additional protection offshore
- Edson Classic pedestal with through shaft wheel brake, single lever control for shift & throttle, SS guard and SS 40” Destroyer dished wheel with elkhide cover
- Ritchie 6” Globemaster with SS hood mounted on pedestal.
- Custom stainless steel four hole drink holder mounted to helm pedestal
- Varnished teak table with two folding leaves mounted with an Edson bracket to the pedestal. A fleece lined canvas storage bag is provided to protect the table when not in use.
- Mesh binocular bag mounted on forward side of pedestal guard
- Large sail locker to starboard with gasketed fiberglass hatch
- (2) helmsman seat lockers – one large and one smaller with gasketed fiberglass hatch
- (2) Winch pockets in coaming with stainless steel trim rings
- Additional winch holder mounted to helm?
- Manual bilge pump in coaming at helm
- Primary and secondary winches are located aft in the cockpit within easy reach of the helm and the main sheet is double ended back to the starboard secondary winch for easy single handed sail handling from the wheel.
- Mesh bags mounted to rail for line organization by secondary winches
- All winches for working lines are electric for easier sail handling
- Raymarine e95 chartplotter/radar installed on pedestal guard at helm
- Bowthruster control mounted in coaming at helm with additional foot controls in cockpit sole
- Autopilot control in coaming at helm
- VHF command mic in coaming at helm
- Wind, speed and depth instruments mounted above companionway on varnishd teak board
- Heel angle indicator under companionway
- Folding teak helm step
- Folding padeyes for jacklines or tethers mounted in fore and aft ends of cockpit
- Sliding companionway dropboards with brass tracks store in storage bag in sail locker
- Screen insert for companionway
- Sliding companionway hatch cover with translucent gray lexan top.
- Hot/cold cockit shower recessed in coaming at helm
The interior is thoughtfully laid out with two cabins for two couples with occasional additional guests and is finished in a Herreshoff style with white laminate bulkheads and satin varnished cherry trim with gloss highlights. The sole teak with a satin finish and the overhead is white laminate with cherry battens. The whole effect is a beautifully crafted, light and open feeling interior. During the construction the headroom of the boat was increased to 6’ – 4” and berths lengthened to 6’-6”.
Starting forward, a forward cabin features a large v-berth and access to the forepeak through cherry doors. Aft of the forward cabin to starboard is a large head that incorporates a separate shower area. Opposite the head to port is a hanging locker and bureau with drawers and a locker.
Aft of the head is the comfortable U shaped dinette around a beautifully crafted cherry dining table with folding leaves and integrated storage. Opposite the Dinette is a long settee that functions well as a sea berth. At the aft end of the settee is the navigation station which incorporates repeaters for all instruments and access to the boat’s AC and DC electrical panel and controls.
Aft of the dinette and immediately to starboard of the companionway steps is the well laid out and functional U-shaped galley. Opposite the galley to port is the aft cabin, which was modified to increase the amount of cabin space and size of the double berth. From the interior, the cockpit is easily accessed up three comfortable steps which hinge up for access to the engine.
- Bulkheads are marine grade Meranti plywood with Antique white high pressure Pionite laminate
- Cabin sole is laminated teak and is secured with stainless steel screws set into brass screw cups with lift out panels for quick access to bilges and systems
- Cabin sides are sheathed with gloss varnished cherry battens where visible and with cork inside lockers
- Stainless steel opening portlights and overhead hatches provide excellent natural ventilation and light
- Overhead hatches are trimmed in varnished cherry and incorporate retractable screens and shades
- Throughout the boat thoughtful placement of handholds and finger rails provide secure passage through the interior underway
- Hanging locker doors are louvered and other locker doors incorporate vents for excellent ventilation
- Careful placement of Cantalupi overhead dome lights, bulkhead mounted reading lights and rod lights provide excellent interior lighting
- Cushions throughout are upholstered in Pewter Ultrasuede with self piping
- Interior is heated by Espar heating system with outlets in forward cabin, main cabin head and aft cabin
- Large V-berth with removable filler piece with cushion
- Full length cherry shelves along above berth port and starboard
- Access to chain locker in forepeak through cherry doors in forward bulkhead
- Hanging locker aft of berth on port side with shelf above
- Additional storage in large drawers and drop fronts below v-berth
- Bulkhead mounted reading lights at head of berth port and starboard
- 110v outlet
- CO2 detector
- Opening portlights and overhead hatch
- 12v Hella fan
- Trim is oiled teak
- Shower area forward in head with adjustable height shower head
- Thermostatically controlled shower mixer for constant shower temperature
- Double robe hooks mounted in trim above shower for hanging wet foul weather gear, towels, etc.
- Abundant storage in locker under seat in shower as well as locker outboard. Additional storage in locker outboard of counter with adjustable shelves and drawer under counter
- Corian countertop with undermounted stainless steel oval sink and single lever faucet
- Large teak framed beveled glass mirror mounted on aft bulkhead
- Corian toothbrush and cup holder mounted to bulkhead
- Soap dispenser mounted in counter
- 110v outlet
- Overhead dome light with additional rod light over counter and courtesy light below.
- Snake river holding tank level indicator
- Excellent ventilation from opening port light and dorade vent with integrated screen and airflow control as well as 12v fan
- Vacuflush marine head
- U-shaped dinette to starboard with varnished cherry dining table
- Cherry table leaves fold open to double size and drawers below hold silverware and bottles
- Full length settee to port doubles as sea berth (includes lee cloth)
- Storage outboard in lockers above settee and in lockers behind seat backs. Additional storage under aft section of dinette settee.
- Bookshelves above settees on both sides of salon between cherry locker doors
- Large hanging locker and bureau with shelf and drawers forward of port settee. Storage for v-berth insert and companionway screen in hanging locker
- 12v fan over dinette and galley
- 110v outlet in alcove by dinette and bureau forward of port settee
- Cherry opening nav table mounted to bulkhead at aft end of port settee
- Instrument box mounted above nav table with shelf above
- VHF, Instrument repeater, back up Raymarine E80 chartplotter and fuel water gauges mounted in instrument box
- 12v and 110v outlets at nav station
- Overhead red/white dome light
- Dimmable chart light
- Custom AC and DC electrical panel with remote battery switches and inverter/charger controls
- Locker for ships manual with charging mount for handheld VHF
- Drawers below nav table
- Slide out custom teak two part Morris tool box with storage behind door under drawers
- U-shaped galley laid out to maximize storage and functionality both underway and at anchor
- Bone Corian countertop with large undermounted double stainless steel sink and cherry fiddles with cleanouts at corners
- Stainless steel single lever faucet with pull out sprayer
- Seagull filter water filter system with dedicated spigot
- Soap dispenser mounted in counter
- GE microwave oven in locker behind cherry door
- Force 10 three burner propane stove with oven and broiler
- Propane alarm and solenoid control with additional “propane on” indicator light over stove
- Sea Frost 12v refrigeration system with electronic controls
- Excellent storage in lockers above counter behind sliding and hinged cherry doors for dishware, food, spices, etc.
- Spice shelf along aft bulkhead over counter
- Rod lights over counter and stove provide ample light
- Additional storage in dry locker with adjustable shelves forward of stove
- Swing out trash can under sink with additional storage and organization
- The aft cabin was customize to increase the area and size of the double berth
- Hanging locker with bureau with drawers and locker. Additional storage in drawer and drop front door under berth
- Undermounted sink with folding faucet in bureau shelf
- Full length shelf above berth along hull side
- Access panels in inboard and aft bulkheads for access to engine and steering systems
- Ventilation and natural light from opening portlight and overhead hatch with integrated retractable screen and shade
- Bulkhead mounted reading lights on either side of berth with overhead light
- 12v fan
- 110v outlet
Sails and Rigging
- Offshore carbon fiber mast with aluminum spreader and Leisurefurl boom. Mast, boom and spreaders painted to match deck
- Rigid Forespar boom vang
- Discontinuous stainless steel rod rigging
- Navtec integral hydraulic backstay adjuster
- Mast and deck rigged for future installation of self tacking jib (includes Harken track and car mounted on cabintop forward of the mast)
- Adjustable jib sheet lead with control line led back to cockpit
- Mast modified and reinforced for future installation of inner forestay
- Boom fitted with additional bale for preventer
- Main sheet double ended to starboard secondary winch next to helm
- (2) Mobri radar reflectors on port and starboard cap shrouds
- No-Strike lightning brush at masthead
- Harken Big Boat track and car traveller. Car control lines with 4:1 purchase led back to cam cleats mounted at the aft end of the cabin top under the dodger.
- Rope clutches for cabintop winches for preventer, boom vang, main sheet, main halyard, main furling line and topping lift
- Running rigging includes main halyard, jib halyard, masthead flag halyard, port spreader halyard, jib furling line, vang control line, main sheet (double ended), main furling line, two jib sheets, topping lift, preventer, spinnaker halyard and traveler control lines.
- Winch pocket mounted to mast
- (2) Primary Lewmar 54 electric self-tailing stainless steel
- (1) Secondary Lewmar 46 electric self-tailing stainless steel (starboard for double ended main sheet)
- (1) Secondary Lewmar 40 self-tailing stainless steel (port)
- (2) Lewmar 46 electric self-tailing stainless steel winches on cabin top for main halyard and main sheet
- (1) Lewmar 7 snubbing winch for main halyard and furling line
- (2) Lewmar 40 self-tailing stainless steel winches on mast
- North Marathon 3DL full batten Main
- North Martathon 3DL 103% Jib
- North G-0 Gennaker with hoistable furler system
Electrical and Navigation
Mastervolt custom layout. 12 volt DC and 110-volt AC circuit breakers on one integrated panel, illuminated text labels, System Manager panel for 12 VDC and 110 VAC monitoring, polarity indicator, main breakers, battery switches and cross connect system for emergency starting. System includes a Battery Watch monitor that measures battery state and shuts the system down in the event of low battery level.
- Electrical panel frame hinged for excellent access to wiring and fuses behind
- (1) Optima AGM starting battery with 800 CCA (New 2016)
- (3) Meridian AGM house batteries with total capacity of 540 amp hours (New 2016)
- Dual Balmar 100 amp alternators for battery charging
- Mastervolt Mass Combi 12/2000-100 combination battery charger/inverter
- Blue Seas remote battery switches with manual override
- 30 amp shore power inlet with cord and galvanic isolator
- 110v AC outlets with GFCI protection
- Masthead tricolor, running and steaming light upgraded to LED
- Recessed spreader lights in lower spreaders
- Bonding system for all tanks, shrouds, engine, keel and mast
- Aquasignal stainless steel running light, stern light and foredeck flood light
- Raymarine e95 hybrid touch color chartplotter/radar display at helm (New 2014)
- Raymarine E80 backup color chartplotter display at nav station
- Raymarine 2kW radome with stainless steel mount on mast
- Raymarine Sirius weather module
- Raymarine ST7002 S3G Autopilot
- Raymarine ST60 instruments with (4) displays. Separate displays for depth, speed and wind will be mounted above the companionway in the seahood. A multi-function Graphic repeater is mounted at the Nav Station. The instruments are interfaced with the GPS, autopilot and radar.
- Icom M504 VHF mounted at nav station with full function Command Mic mounted at helm
- West Marine VHF250 submersible handheld VHF with charging station at nav station
- Wilson Cellular extender
- Yanmar 4JH4-SD60 56-hp diesel with sail drive system mounted on a molded fiberglass bed. Single lever for throttle and shift controls in the pedestal, Teflon lined control cables, fiberglass pot muffler, electric stop and full instrument panel in the cockpit.
- NEW Yanmar SD60 saildrive (2016)
- Upgraded belts for engine alternators
- Water pump has Speedseal cover for easy access to the impeller.
- Racor 500 dual fuel filter system with vacuum gauges and water sensors
- Seafire FE-241 automatic fire extinguisher system in the engine compartment.
- Engine area is lined with 1.5” of Thinsulate sound deadening material combined with a layer of cork dampening material and covered with aluminum perforated sound absorption panels.
- 3 Blade Flex-O-Fold 18” folding propeller
- Sidepower SE80/185T tunnel thruster with foot controls . Controls (foot switches) are mounted at the helm in addition to the standard Sidepower controls mounted on coaming to starboard of wheel
- Seafrost DC refrigeration system with evaporator plates and electronic thermostat.
- Aluminum fuel tank with a total capacity of 50 gallons. Tank has baffles, clean out port and is vented overboard.
- (2) SS fresh water tanks with a total capacity of 120 gallons located mid-ships. Tanks have removable inspection ports
- (2) Fiberglass Propane tanks with solenoid switch and selector valve with additional outlet for grill
- Seagull X1-F charcoal filter system with a single faucet in the galley
- SS 10 gallon hot water heater heated by engine or 110 Volt AC power.
- Cruz-Pro digital tank monitors for fresh water and fuel
- Vacuflush toilet system
- 30 gallon aluminum holding tank with external level monitor and overboard vent. Tank can be emptied overboard through a seacock and discharge pump or by deck pump out.
- Johnson 2200 electric bilge pump and Ultra Safety Systems float switch.
- Shurflow pressure water system
- Thermostatic shower mixer for constant shower water temperature
- Sump tank with automatic float switch for shower sump and fridge drain
- Edson 18 GPM diaphragm manual bilge pump flush-mounted in the cockpit.
- Scandvik flush mount hot and cold deck shower mounted in cockpit
- Shurflo Blaster 5.0 GPM wash down pump with connections at bow.
- Forespar Marelon type reinforced plastic seacocks. Thru-hulls above the waterline are fiberglass tube.
- Espar D5LCC diesel heater with vents in the head, forward cabin, main cabin and aft cabin
- CO2 monitor mounted in forward cabin
- Avon soft bottom inflatable dinghy with canvas storage bag
- Honda 2.3 hp four stroke outboard (new 2014?)
- (4) fenders with polar fleece covers and lines
- Electric Lewmar V2 SS vertical capstan windlass
- Rocna primary anchor
- Fortress secondary anchor with anchor rode
- Yanmar spare parts kit
- Winslow 60ULO offshore 6 person life raft
- Varnished spruce fenderboards
- Emergency rig removal kit
- Tool kit
- Stern rail mounted propane grill (with propane feed from ships propane tanks)
- Custom Morris owner’s manual in addition to manufacturer’s equipment manual
- (3) Kiddie Mariner 10 dry chemical fire extinguishers
- Wooden plugs attached to all thruhull fittings
- Jacklines for port and starboard side decks
- First aid kit
Owner’s personal effects excluded from sale
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
*This price is based on today's currency conversion rate.