'Christina Rose" is amongst the best maintained vessels that Custom Yacht Sales has had the pleasure to represent over the last 35 years. The 44 Offshore is one of DeFever's most highly touted and sought after designs. Difficult to find this late model version on the West Coast -- stabilized with premium Perkins Sabre power. She's properly priced and ready to go ! Viewing by appointment please.
Check out the 3D tour link provided at the end of the specs or find it at http:/media.propermeasure.com/defever44
A recent survey stated that "Christina Rose" has received distinctively superior standards of maintenance and housekeeping, this vessel was found in excellent condition, clean, dry, orderly, and well maintained".
This fine vessel is complete in most every detail including Wesmar stabilizers, hydronic heat, and water maker. We invite you to make an appointment to view her soon. Vessels of this caliber are definitely hard to come by. Detailed maintenance records, along with a full operational manual are available. Inquire today !
This is as good a layout as seen in any 44 foot yacht accounting for why this is the most popular DeFever model ever built. The feeling is one of spaciousness and brightness with excellent visibility. The teak joinery is excellent with a definite “shippyness”. The boat feels sturdy and appropriately labeled as offshore capable. Despite the spaciousness there are excellent hand holds to help move about in a seaway.
The galley and salon area would be hard to improve on with the person in the galley having excellent outward visibility and connection to the entertaining area. Large double sinks, a large fridge and freezer, microwave, trash compactor and large Corian counter spaces make the galley a pleasure to work in. Galley ventilation is also excellent with large sliding windows that allow access to a collapsible serving table for the aft deck.
The inside steering station has a dedicated helmsman chair with forward side sliding doors giving the helmsman quick access to the side decks. The rearward visibility is good. The chart table and chart storage is large and the instruments are well at hand.
The forward queen size V berth is located in a large separate cabin with a separate head sink and shower and plenty of privacy. The engine room is entered through a water tight door in this forward cabin with a viewing window in the door.
The spotless engine room is arguable the bests in any boat of this size with near standing headroom and this particularly DeFever is the best of the best with everything highly visible due to the excellent lighting and the custom layout of systems.
The aft stateroom is very large with an island queen berth, large storage lockers and drawers and a large adjacent head and counter sink with separate shower stall. There is a separate enclosed laundry room attached to the aft stateroom with separate full size Bosch washer and dryer and cabinets for cleaning supplies. This newer DeFever has large polished stainless opening ports in the aft bulkhead adding to the brightness and visibility. Curtains can cover every port. Beneath the stairs to the aft cabin is a built-in teak wine storage area and storage area for the vacuum.
Leaving the inside cabin aft one comes out onto a large aft deck with plenty of space for tables and chairs and the barbecue. There is a bar sink and cabinet and fold-down serving table adjacent to the aft galley window. This deck has a solid beamed deck head or roof allowing escape from the sun or rain but still allowing access to the outdoors for entertaining, barbecuing and boat watching at anchor. Leaving this deck there are a few gentle stairs to a very large upper sun deck containing a large lounge area with bench seats and a fixed table. There is an adjacent upper steering station with helmsman’s seat and side helm bench seats. The area is covered with a bimini but can be fully enclosed and has access to the excellent hot water heating system. Aft of the lounge area is the boat deck with custom stainless davit system, RIB dinghy and life raft with plenty of additional room for kayaks, bicycles or scooters.
This DeFever has eliminated the teak decks and eliminated much of the exterior teak. For example the hand rails are now polished stainless steel. This makes maintenance much easier.
- Twin M135 Perkins Sabre naturally aspirated diesels, approx 2861hours. Regular oil samples taken.
- Two Double Racor fuel filters with vacuum gauges
- Oil Change system
- Spare fuel pump, raw water pump, filters, belts, and impellors
- Sea chest for major water intake thru hulls with bronze Groco ball valves
- All discharge thru hulls located in engine room for easy access to bronze Groco valves
- FRP water mufflers with excellent access to exhaust hoses
- Bulkhead mounted well labeled fuel line manifold system with fuel transfer pump
- Three separate insulated fuel tanks with sight gauges on two and electric gauge for main day tank
- Near standing head room, 5’6”, in engine room with daylight bright fluorescent lighting. Custom layout with superb access to everything
- Two 4-bladed 26x20 bronze propellers on 1.75” stainless shafts with Tides Marine dripless shaft seals
- Shaft spurs
- Halon Fireboy automatic in engine room
- Generator: Westerbeke 8KW, approx.1050 hours, with sound shield enclosure
- 2500 watt Heart inverter/charger with energy monitoring system
- Separate self regulating Newmar PT60 battery charger
- Guest 10 amp. bow thruster battery charger
- Tinned marine grade copper wiring throughout with custom US standard electrical system, well labeled
- 2 110 volt 30 amp shore power connectors and one 50 amp with cords and adaptors
- 8 x 6 volt batteries // 3 x 12V Group 31 // 1 x 12V 4D
- Separate two 4D AGM batteries for thruster with separate charger.
- Tankage: Fuel 900 gallons, Water 350 gallons, Holding Tank 80 gallons with tank gauge and macerator pump-out.
- Wesmar Hydraulic steering, with heavy duty steering gear and stainless rudders
- Wesmar stabilizers
- Sidepower bow thruster with up and down control stations
- Maxwell 2200 windless with up and down at Nav station as well as bow controls, heavy duty Maxwell battery isolator and switching
- Double bow roller
- Wash down
- Rocna 33kg. with 400' 3/8" chain
- Spare 35 pound CGR with 50 feet 5/16 chain and 150 feet 1/2" nylon rode
- Stern shore tie 200 ft poly line with covered aft deck drum
ADDITIONAL DECK GEAR:
- Custom aluminum side boarding ladder allowing easier egress when docking
- Custom Stainless Steel Davit on upper deck with electric winch with remote
- Stainless Seawise Davit system on transom for short coastal trips allowing quick launching of dinghy
- Caribe C10X RIB dinghy with 15 HP 4 stroke Honda, with stainless Seawise engine swivel mounting gear allowing engine to remain vertical with dinghy stowed on transom
- New Fitzwight 6 person Life Raft
- Complete upper deck Sunbrella canvas including instrument panel, upper helm station, bimini and complete removable upper deck enclosure. There are matching canvas covers for sundeck table and chairs, barbecue and davit windless, and matching cover for RIB dinghy as well as matching see though covers for forward main cabin windows.
- Complete set of white Naugahyde covered cushions for upper deck lounge and steering area.
- Cruise RO Water 30 GPH water maker (new 2016)
- 20 gallon hot water tank
- Webasto DBW2010 hot water heating system with individual controls in each cabin, including distribution to upper steering station
- Princess 3 burner propane stove with oven
- Propane locker with two 20 lb tanks, and solenoid and sniffer
- Tundra T80 standing fridge and separate freezer
- Maytag microwave
- Broan trash compactor
- Double stainless sinks
- Corian counters
- Bosch separate washer and dryer in separate laundry room
- Two Vacu-flush heads
- Separate shower stall with shower sumps and pump outs for both showers
- Weems and Plath clock aft cabin
- Weems and Plath barometer aft cabin
- Wine rack storage area
- Magma propane barbecue rail mounted
- Aft deck sink with water and separate hose tap, aft deck serving table accessible from aft galley window
- Cockpit hot and cold shower
- Trac Vision "TV3" Satellite and Samsung 24" TV
- Interior Lights mostly LED
- Plumbing, ducting, and wiring in place for central air conditioning
ELECTRONICS AND OTHER EQUIPMENT:
GPS PLOTTERS: Raymarine E125 and C95
RADAR: Raymarine 4KW 48" colour radar scanner
AUTOPILOT: Simrad AP22 and AP20
DEPTH SOUNDER: Raymarine ST60 Tridata
VHF: Standard Horizon Spectrum Digital distress
AIS: Raymarine AIS 650
WEATHER MONITOR: Raymarine 170 monitor AIR MAR WX
SATELLITE TELEVISION: TV3
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.