Sailing yacht ARIANE is a 50m Perini Navi ketch which was launched in 2000 and has enjoyed a recent 2007/2008 refit. With a beam of 10.27 m and a draft of 3.35 m She is powered by engines giving her a maximum speed of 15 knots and a cruising speed of 13 knots. Ariane's maximum range is estimated at 3500 nautical miles.
Her lift keel allows for long voyages or anchorages in shallow bays. Whether under sail or at anchor, ARIANE has a stunning silhouette. Arriving by tender, one can either board via the side accommodation ladder or the hydraulically operated swim platform on portside and discover a large lazarette ideal to store watersports equipment and a companionway leading to the aft deck.
The aft deck is very inviting indeed: lounge chairs aft, sun-sheltered al-fresco dining and a relaxing deck salon for drinks and chats at various time of the day.
The fly-bridge deck features various sitting arrangements with lower tables and is equipped with a bimini forward.
ARIANE boats an elegant and versatile layout.
The main deck in particular features a salon with sofas opposite each other, a separate bar area and an enclosed dining salon accessible either by the salon or by the bar area.
The classical cherry wood paneling and elegant black and white colour scheme make out for a unique home feel and stylish atmosphere. The side windows let in plenty of light.
Being a Perini Navi, ARIANE (previously AURORE) is a voluminous sailing yacht, even for her impressive length. Accordingly, she offers impressive space, comfort, stability and freedom for a sailing yacht. She has been designed for easy cruising under sail as well as powerful motoring when required.
ARIANE can accommodate 10 guests in comfort, style and luxury in the following layout. The main roomy master stateroom has a with queen bed along with a study with convertible couch. There is one double stateroom with a queen bed and two twin staterooms with pullman bunks. All the rooms have ensuite with TV/DVD/CD/IPOD.
Perini Navi has huge experience in creating stylish and functional sailing yachts and the the company enjoys a strong and loyal following from captains and owners alike.
Ariane's interior configuration has been designed to comfortably accommodate up to 10 guests overnight in 5 cabins, comprising a master suite, 1 double cabin and 2 twin cabins. She is also capable of carrying up to 7 crew onboard to ensure a relaxed luxury yacht experience.
CONSTRUCTION & DIMENSIONS
Ariane features a displacement steel hull and aluminium superstructure, with teak decks. She was built to RINA (Registro Italiano Navale) classification society rules, and is MCA Compliant.
Powered by 2 Deutz (TBD616V12) 932hp diesel engines and propelled by her twin screw propellers sailing yacht Ariane is capable of a top speed of 15 knots, and comfortably cruises at 13 knots when powered by her engines. With her 45,700 litres fuel tanks she has a maximum range of 3,200 nautical miles at 13 knots. Her water tanks store around 13,000 litres of fresh water.
Cantieri Navali “Perini Navi S.p.a.”
Quick works type
Round with centreboard
Super structure construction meterial
Overall length (Loa)
Waterline length (Lwl)
Isle of Man
The uniti is ketch-rigged with main and mizzen mast equipped with boom and the following sails:
Totale sail square
The masts made in light and high resistance alloy (aluminum alloy), have an elliptical section with internal reinforcements and ducts and stand on the main deck relieving their pressure on a specific base and on the appropriate structure of the unit.
The main mast length is of 48,6 m, and is provided with two shrouds and n.6 pairs of spreaders, with angles that can be adjusted by using rigging screws.
Lights are installed on the spreaders to allow main deck and mast lighting.
The leading head of the sail is located on the same level of the upper shroud structure.
Mainmastisprovidedwith:mainsailturnbuckleandrewinder,sheets,halyards,sails,andn.2 manual winches Antal 52ST.
Halyards can be used with an electric winch Antal MAXI 240.421/B installed infront of the mast.Mizzenmasthasalenghtof32,40m,andisprovidedwithtwoshroudsandn.4pairsof spreaders with angles that can be adjusted by using rigginscrews.
TBD 616 V12
Engine type (inboard, outboard, inboard
Number of cylinders per engine
Engine construction year
Cylinder cubic capacity
Tender engine power (KW)
Revolutions per minute (rpm)
Number of hours of motion (h)
right 14.633,5 – left 14.259,6
Transmission takes place via two axis lines interconnected to a pair of gearboxes ZF, model ZF, model BU 251 GGL, with transmission cycle ratio equal to 4.792:1
- Technical Data & Plans
LengthOverall 50 m / 164ft
LWLfull load 135.3ft/ 41.25m
Beam (max) 33.7 ft / 10.27m
Draught (keel1..p) 11 ft / 3.35m
Draug ht (keeldown) 27.4 f t / 8.35m
Engines 2 Deuttz TBD616
Superstructure / construction Aluminium
Displacement at full load 485t
Speed at maximum power 15.2 kt
Speed at maximum continuous rating 15.2 kt
Range 3.200 nm@ 13 kt
Fuel capacity 45,700 lt
Main mast height above DWL 168.6 ft / 51.4 m
Mizzen mast height above DWL 130 ft / 39.65m
TotaI saiI area 13.875 sq ft / 1.289mq
Cockpit area 538 sq ft / 50mq
Lazarette area 312 sq ft / 29mq
TotaI crew area 1.238 sq ft / 115mq
Total owner and guest cabin area 1.216sq ft / 115mq
Saloon and wheel house area 1.302 sq ft / 121 mq
Class and LY2 compliance M.C.A.•A.B.S.AlYachtingService•AMS
Interior Design Perini Navi
Naval Architecture Perini Navi
Builder Perini Navi - Viareggio. Italy
INTERVENTIONS FOR CLASS RENEWAL
- Propeller shafts removal, linearity check, non-destructive testing for integrity check, axis check – trough-hull and supports (replacement ifnecessary)
- Bow thrustercheck
- Chains and anchorcheck
- Winches and stern mooring winchescheck
- Planking thickness gaugemapping
- Mastremovalandreinstallationforstructuralintegritycheckofthemainmast,mizzenmast andboom
- Rigging check, in particular of splices, consolidation plugs, link plates andtensioners
- Removal and reinstallation of keel for structural integritycheck
- Removal and reinstallation of rudder blade with replacement of axle and functional test of ruddermachinery
- Bottom and Upper works sandblasting, planking integrity check, painting, and antifouling treatment and relativecertificate
- Zinc replacement and hotplatespolishing
- Firefighting system certificate renewal and replacement of fireextinguishers
- Fire detection system “smoketest”
- Bilge and firefighting pumpsrevision
- Compressed air systemrevision
- Electric system isolationtest
- Vcc electric system check and revision including battery charger check and converter isolationtransformer
- MM.PP ordinary and extraordinarymaintenance
- Aux generator (n.3) ordinary and extraordinarymaintenance
- Emergency generator ordinary and extraordinarymaintenance
- Tanks complete check (damages, corrosions, leakage tests, etc.) (clear water tanks, black water macerator, pump, fuel oil tank,etc.)
- All security equipment renewal andcheckMALFUNCTIONS AND FUNCTIONAL MAINTENANCE
- aux generator components oxidation
- presenceofcoolingliquidmixedwithwaterinbilgenexttotwoauxgenerators (cooling system leak), suspect of a leak in the heatexchanger
- bilge generator oilleak
- general presence of dirt and oxidation inbilge
- oxidation on MM.PP and relative collection injectioncircuit
- Main engine turbinesoxidation
- MM.PP silent blockoxidation
- Rust and oxidation on axis and mechanicalseals
- Oxidation and deterioration over the pumps of unitsplants
- Traces of oxidation on pipes and mating flanges in engine room
- Phoenix charger partially dismantled
- Stern technical room pipes and flangesoxidation
- General presence of dirt and oxidation in stern bilge technicalroom
- Racor water-diesel separator filterleak
- Hull gangway hydraulic systemleaks
- Hydraulic system leaks in hydraulic unit of hulldoor
- Wheelhouse motion hydraulic systemleaks
- Mainsail oxidized and partiallydismantled
- Wheelhouse pistons oilleaks
- Bow technical area plant componentsoxidized
- Emergency generator ordinary and extraordinary maintenance – presence of oxidation andleaks
- Bow technical area sea water pumpsoxidized
- Bowtechnicalareasailmovementsystemdamaged,oxidized,andpartially dismantled
- Engine bow thruster ordinary and extraordinary maintenance – generaloxidation
- Clear water system pumpsoxidized
- Flanges and metallic components of water markeroxidized
- Firefighting seawater pumpoxidized
- Black water pumpleakageINTERIORS
As a result of our verifications the following dysfunctions and necessary maintenance interventions have been detected:
- furniture wood degraded (scratches, dents, fading, etc.) as a consequence of lack of maintenance
- interior furniture dividersdamaged
- Parquet coating damaged (mainly in passageways, crew areas andbathrooms)
- Bulkhead wood damaged mainly in passageways (hallways and stairs) or where objects have beenremoved
- Windows and hatchway wood faded and with rotten spots due toinfiltrations
More damages and rotten spots due to infiltrations can be found in the following areas:
- Bar: Fly deck access wood faded, detached, and degraded with rotten spots; watertight damaged, seals and glass of bulkhead degraded and the metallic parts show presence of oxidation andrust
- Distributionfilterofmaindeckbarandkitchen:hallwayandfloorleakage(underneath icemaker) with fading and wood detachment including presence of rottenspots.
- Main deck kitchen: leakage damages on floor including fading and detachment of wood underneath fridges, sinks, anddishwasher.
- Wheelhouseleftaccessdoor:woodneedstreatment,presenceofsalts,oxidation,and rust on metallic parts. Door coating swelling and detachment. Stairs wooddamaged.
- Wheelhouse area: windshield mast left and right walls leakage; drippings on dashboard; coating and seals detached underneathwindshield
- Someceilingscoveringsaredetachedinseveralareas(livingroom,wheelhouse,cracks next todownlights)
- Fading and scratches: socket outlets and plates, finishing parts, furniture small parts, handles, bars, furniture base, bathroom taps and fittings,etc.
- Bridge sittings worn by use andage
- Appliances check. TV panel in cockpitdamaged
- Security and firefighting equipment renewal and replacement where necessary: lifebuoys missing in cockpit, lifesaving appliances expired (06/2015), extinguishers expired (06/2015), medical equipmentexpired.
- External cushions, in fabric and leatherette, stained, moldy, worn, damaged and stainedupholstery
- Latches, handles, carriage guides doors and drawers, and all small parts of doors and shutters to be checked for damages, oxidation and if needed must be replaced. The windows of the glass door of the bar are scratched by slidingmalfunction
- Square access from cockpit door latches damaged and must bereplaced
- Left door lockreplacedEXTERIOR
Polishing of all superstructure deck steels: general fading, oxidation, etc.
- Oxidationwithpaintdetachmentandpresenceofrustonmetalsheetsofinternalpart of freeboard and bow storage, also relative equipment needs extraordinary maintenance
- Bow storage seals result dry and worn, hinges are damaged and do not allow perfect watertight closure
- Main deck metal sheets of access to gangwaydamaged
- Mast damaged with structuregrouting
Lagging damaged and/or detached
- Stains, faded parts, damages of some buttons of the sun cover of the external windshield; wipers need maintenance and wiper rubber parts needreplacement
- Scuppers and drains need cleaning andunclogging
- Tender:Laserhullwithoutappendicesorendowments,Novuraniaraftdirty,deflated, stained, lights damaged, oxidation in several areas, stern mirror structure damaged, chipped helix and rudder, nose cone for fixing of helix missing, engine cover cap damaged, outboard engine and dashboard equipment must be revised (engine oil leak), fire extinguisher replacement, electric check needed, replacement of zincs, replacement of zincs, fiberglass water capbroken
- SealsdamagedAESTHETICAL/FUNCTIONAL ANOMALIES AND/OR RELATED RESTORATION WORK
- Watertight doors, hatchways, and metal bearings: presence of paintdetachment
- Doorsandexternalfurniture:scratches,damages,dents,fadedparts,rottenpartsdue to lack of maintenance, disuse, preservation conditions,ect.
- Main deck hand toprail: general deterioration of finishing and rottenspots
- The whole unit needs deepcleaning
- Bar counter unsewn and detached parts of the coconutstamp
- Main deck external bathroom parquet floorfaded
- Paintings of Main and Lower deck have beenremoved
- Small table in living room has beenremoved
- Bar entertainment equipment removed and the furniture isdamaged
- Lamps and furnishings in living room removed from all smalltables
- Hole on granite counter due to removed equipment from main deckkitchen
- Wheelhouse:woodenpanelabovedoorremoved,equipmentpresentoncornerdesk removed, n.1 screen removed, n.1 screendetached
- Kitchen main deck: damages and dents underneath window and detachment of windowsealings
- Painting detachment next tospotlights
- Stains on all mirrorsborders
Recap of works on the Perini 50 m S/y Ariane
Safety valves, sea chests and submerged drains tests:
test of safety valves, fittings, pipes and pumps, test of sea chests and submerged drains, functional tests will be carried out with the boat in the sea.
Ropes axis of the transmissions correct functioning test. PLEASE NOTE: In case a replacement of the
ropes is necessary, it follows a quotation for dismantling and reassembly of the axis and for ropes
paint layers for Veneziano or Boero hull
Verifica tenuta deriva mobile - please read III° Prev. (quotation)
Fire extinguisher fix plant + mobile fire extinguishers extraordinary inspection
Rolls Royce variable pitches decoupling Ropes dismantling. Axis lines dismantling and grounding. Bushing and ropes status control. Re - assembly of every component.
DECK BOY PROPELLER:
Propeller hubs opening and blades dismantling. dismantling asta comando passo variabile. Conical propeller coupling dismantling
Non destructive tests (penetrant liquids) su conicità asse e cava chiavetta
Controllo visi di boccole:
Dismantling of existing bushing, washing and dimensioning of bushing position. Supply of a new set of bushing in Thordon Compac as the exixting, bushing assembly with liquid nitrogen
Ropes dismantling and maintenance
PROPELLER and stern tubes SUNDBLASTING
Axis and rudders washing with acids
Works for launch
TANKS OPENING AND WASHING:
Opening, suction, free gas control and grey water tanks washing (tank 2), 2300 litres were aspirated;
Opening, suction, free gas control and grey water tanks washing (tank
1), 2300 litres were aspirated;
Water tanks (tank 5-6) opening, suction
Opening, suction, washing and washing liquids suction, free gas control in the diesel tanks (n.06 tanks,
tank 3-4-7-8-9-12) 2500 litres were aspirated;
Opening, suction, free gas control and bilge tank 10 washing, 1500 litres were aspirated
Opening, suction, free gas control and washing of sludge tank 11;
Opening, suction, free gas control and dirty oil tank washing, 945 litres were aspirated;
Centerboard trunk opening and washing
Winch gear box dismantling/re - assembly
Washing liquids extraction from grey/black water tanks (I. 2000)
Effluent extraction from grey/black water tanks (I 4.600)
Polluted diesel extraction + bilge tanck + dirty tanck + sludge Tank (I 5.750)
Zincs supply and installation
Old batteries dismantling, launch, your batteries supply loading and assemblying
Lateral gate closing - out of order
Compensation mast dismantling, welding and assembly
Disembarkation, boarding of chains and anchors with the assistance of an operating machine
Dismantling, leak tests, certification by an inspector and assembly of safety valves connected to sea
chests and submerged drains (only n° 10 components)
Works for transfer
Reactivation/replacement of engines/Generator battery chargers
Sea water fire extinguisher plant renewal
Manual rain water fire extinguisher renewal
Bilge and fire extinguisher pumps inspection
Ordinary maintenance to the inverters
Emergency generator complete inspection
Bow thruster functioning test
Oleodynamic wheelhouse plant ordinary and extraordinary maintenance (presence of leakages and
Reactivation water-diesel separation plant (a loss was noticed);
N° 24 fenders purchasing
Replacement of service battery chergers
Pneumatic plant, joints, electrical valves, pipes and supplying system repairing
Replacement of portable fire extinguishers located in the on-board locals Life raft - no limits - 10 Pax; Rigid
Electrocuffs of control room Fly reactivation
Replacement of reinforced rubber pipes, refrigerating MM.PP/DDD.GGG, waste gas, bildge and evacuation
Stainless steel bands for rubber pipes replacement.