A very rare (there are only 3!) Alden 40 Express Cruiser. New paint 2013, twin Yanmar 350s (nudges 20 knots), recent Garmin/Fantom, double forward berth and stbd. bunk cabin. Beautiful in the flesh, fantastically built and oh so capable - this is a proper cruising Express.
Offered to co-brokers on a commission split of 50/50.
Meer specificaties, uitrusting en informatie:
Naam van boot
Werf: Alden Yachts
Lengte over alles: 40 ft 0 in
Breedte: 14 ft 3 in
Lengte over water: 36 ft 3 in
Minimum diepgang: 3 ft 8 in
Maximum diepgang: 3 ft 8 in
Waterverplaatsing: 12700 kg
Totaal vermogen: 700 HP
Merk motor: Yanmar
Type motor: 6LYA-STE
Type motor: Binnenboord
Motorvermogen: 350 HP
Merk motor: Yanmar
Type motor: 6LYA-STE
Type motor: Binnenboord
Motorvermogen: 350 HP
Aantal enkele bedden: 6
Aantal toiletten: 1
Maintained to the highest level by a very experienced yacht owner, WINK has been continually updated and improved over the past seven years, rendering her “state of the art”. One of only three 40’ Express Cruisers built by Alden from the 46’/49’ hull mold, she has extra beam and hull volume rarely found in a 40’ boat that provides the owner with plenty of room below for two staterooms, a spacious galley, a comfortable head and a separate shower plus a spacious bridge deck with amazing storage and a real engine room. This also has made her a very solid, incredibly seaworthy boat very comfortable running long distances and offshore. She is an extremely comfortable 40’ Yacht!
WINK is one of the nicest Alden powerboats this office has seen. She was built for a very knowledgeable New England yachtsman who was a shareholder in Alden and who always had custom Alden designed and custom-built Alden sail and power yachts. For her first twelve years she only had very light summer usage for 3-4 months per year. She spent her winters in a nice clean shed. She has always been maintained with an open checkbook. It is now time for a new owner to purchase her and derive from her the kind of enjoyment she has been built and maintained to generate. This is a truly unique opportunity to purchase a proper, well-built yacht at a fraction of replacement cost.
We acquired WINK in 2012 to cruise New England waters on a schedule, spend extensive time in Maine, go down and up the Intercoastal Waterway and cruise in the Bahamas. In between, she has spent winters north in a heated shed maintained to the “nth degree” as well as continually upgraded and improved. After three round trips on the ICW and winters spent in Florida and the Bahamas, we have covered a lot of ground and accomplished all we set out to do. Operating from the end of April until the end of October for years and years, we have run 1,900 hours and enjoyed cruising both by ourselves and with another couple aboard for 7 to 12 days. We have also enjoyed continually maintaining and upgrading a true Alden gem. We originally had a five-year plan. Now seven years later, it is time to move to the next step, having achieved everything we set out to do with WINK. She is amazing!!!
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Light gray awlgrip (2013).
- Gold cove stripe, awlgrip (2013).
- Dark blue boot top, awlgrip (2013).
- Blue Micron 66 bottom.
- Offwhite cabin house.
- Contrasting light gray deck with white waterways.
- Teak toe rails, stripped and varnished 2013.
- Teak house and eyebrow moldings, stripped and varnished 2013.
- Cockpit coaming, stripped and varnished 2013.
- Alum. mast (small) on wheelhouse top.
- Teak deck in wheelhouse and aft cockpit.
- Cored fiberglass hull and deck.
- Bottom soda blasted, faired, sprayed with Interprotect 2000 and Micron 66 (2013).
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Twin Yanmar 350 HP 6 cylinder diesels, model 6LYA-STE.
- Intercoolers and Aftercoolers boiled out and serviced, 2015.
- Engine injectors replaced on both engines 2016.
- Engine water coolers replaced 2017.
- ZF transmissions with 2:1 reduction gears, replaced 2017.
- Transmission coolers replaced 2017.
- ZF Micro Commander Electronic engine control boards replaced 2015.
- Single lever electronic ZF MicroCommander shift and throttle controls.
- Engine raw water pumps replaced 2015, and both rebuilt in 2019.
- Walker AirSeps added to both engines 2017.
- Reverso engine oil change system, 2013.
- Stainless Marine Exhaust risers replaced, 2014.
- Exhaust manifold gaskets replaced, 2015.
- Exhaust tubes from risers to the muffler system replaced 2019.
- Generator exhaust replaced 2018.
- Raw water intake hoses for both engines, 2019.
- Twin Racor fuel filters on both engines, 2017.
- Racor fuel filter on genset, 2017.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Hours: 2,600.
- Cruising speed: 18.6 knots.
- Max Speed: 22 knots.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Prop shafts machined and trued up, 2015.
- PSS Propeller shaft seals replaced, 2018.
- Cutlass bearings replaced, 2015, struts and hull.
- Sidepower bow thruster, 2013.
- Stainless steel shafts.
- 5 bladed Bronze propellers.
- 4 bladed bronze props, spares.
- Spurs on both shafts.
- Zipwake Five Interceptor automatic Trim, Pitch and Yaw System, 2018.
- 12V DC.
- 110V AC from shore power and 5kW genset.
- Four 110V ground fault interrupt plugs.
- Full 12V and 110V electrical panel with circuit breakers and gauges.
- Two Lifeline 8D AGM house batteries, 2018.
- Two Lifeline 8D AGM engine batteries, 2015.
- Lifeline AGM generator start battery, 2015.
- Inverter/House Bank battery charger replaced, Xantrex 2012.
- Battery charger, Pronautic, for engine & generator batteries, 2015.
- Alternator on port engine replaced 2018.
- Alternator for house bank, Balmar 200 amp, 2017.
- Northern Lights 5kW/110V generator (with hush box) in engine room, Model M643-5KQW.
- Genset raw water pump replaced 2016.
- 790 hours.
- 110V shore power cable, 30 amp, 50’ long.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Single lever control hot and cold pressure water.
- Raritan 12 gallon hot water heater, 2013.
- Three electric bilge pumps, 2013, 200 GPH auto.
- Hull vents for fuel/water/holding tank replaced and upgraded 2013.
- WEMA Fuel and water tank sensors & gauges, 2013.
- Total capacity of 1,893 litres (500 US gallons) in 1 x tank.
- Total capacity of 606 litres (160 US gallons) in 1 x tank.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- 114 litres (30 US gallons) holding tank.
- 7612 Garmin GPSMAP Chartplotter 2017.
- 7612 xsv GPS MAP Combo Chartplotter.
- Fantom 4 Radar, 4’ Open Array, 2017.
- gWind Wireless wind instrument package including speed/depth/sea temp, 2017.
- GHP Reactor Autopilot with Smart Pump 2017.
- Electronic compass 2017.
- GPS 19 Receiver 2017.
- AIS 600 transceiver, 2013.
- Icom M400 BB VHF radio 2017.
- Kahlenburg Horns.
- Chelsea Nickel Ship’s clock and barometer and tide chronometer.
- 3 burner Kenyon electric stove 2018.
- Microwave oven.
- 12V/110V Isotherm galley refrigerator, 2013.
- 12V/110V drinks refrigerator, Isotherm 2013, and separate Grunert freezer unit located in wheelhouse.
- Freezer raw water pump replaced 2017.
- Single stainless steel sink.
- Excellent locker storage for food, dry goods, etc.
- Shower fittings replaced, 2013.
- Head sink replaced, 2018.
- Raritan Elegance Salt or Fresh water toilet, 2013, including sanitation hoses.
- Cockpit drain hoses replaced 2013.
- Hot and cold fresh water shower in cockpit 2014.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Fusion MS-AV 700 Marine Stereo and Four Fusion speakers, 2013.
- TV & Stereo in wheelhouse.
- Underwater blue lights, 2018.
- Courtesy lights in wheelhouse and cockpit.
Summary of Accommodation:
- Sleeps a total of four-six in two staterooms plus wheelhouse.
- The master stateroom with a V-berth sleeps two and the starboard guest cabin has two single berths (upper/lower).
- The settee in the wheelhouse converts in to a double berth.
- The head compartment with sink is to port and separate shower to starboard.
- Teak and holly cabinsole, varnished – satin finish.
- Cherry joinerywork.
- Chart table with storage and see thru top.
- Master cabin with V berth.
- Upper and lower berth guest cabin.
- Sheets and mattress pads (fitted) 2013.
- Salon settee cushions replaced 2015.
- New galley drawers, 2018.
- Liquor and wine storage cabinets.
- Hydraulic teak cocktail and dining table lowers to convert wheelhouse U-shaped settee in to an extra double berth.
- Large hatch to engine room located on centerline in wheelhouse.
- Stainless steel bow and side rails.
- Fiberglass transom door (on centerline).
- Fiberglass swim platform with swim ladder.
- Saltwater and fresh water washdown near anchor windlass, fixture replaced 2015.
- Double helm seat.
- Full beam stern cockpit seat with storage under.
- 2 side boarding ladders in cockpit lockers.
- Three hatches on trunk cabin top with screens.
- Two hatches on wheelhouse top with screens
- Plexiglass, gaskets, seals and dogs replaced on all five hatches 2015.
- Six opening ports in trunk cabin with screens.
- Vent window in center.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Two bow cleats and chocks
- Two midship springline cleats and chocks, port and starboard.
- Two stern cleats and chocks.
- 9 Fenders with snychilla covers.
- 8 40’ 5/8” Yale Brait dock lines
- Anchor windlass, 225’ of 5/16” chain.
- Up and down windlass foot button control.
- 45lb Suncor anchor on bow roller with 225’ of 5/16” chain.
- 45lb Fortress anchor, stored in cockpit/locker with 35’ of 3/8” chain and 250’ of 5/8” Yale Brait anchor rode.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Helm seat replaced 2016.
- Cockpit fold down seat, 2019.
- Wheelhouse settee cushions replaced 2015
- Strataglass bridge deck enclosure for aft end of wheelhouse, 2013.
Tender & Outboard:
- Two stainless steel dinghy davits (heavy duty), removable. 2013.
- Revere Offshore Commander 4 person life raft replaced 2017.
- 2012 Fireboy engine room Fire Suppression System.
- 3 5 lb fire extinguishers.
- 2 2.5 lb fire extinguishers.
- All above checked and serviced 2019.
- Name is reserved.
- Personal private burgee.
- Yacht Club Burgees.
- Personal gear and possessions.
- Glasses, plates, mugs, pewter bowls, flatware.
- Notebooks, ex manuals.
- Ditty bags.
- Foul weather gear.
- Crochet pillows.
- Embroidered blankets.
- Bag of signal flags.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
*This price is based on today's currency conversion rate.