(Indoor Stored for the Season - Easy to Show)
"Chanteclair" is a stunning Hinckley Sou'Wester 42, owned by a very knowledgeable yachtsman. She has been set up for cruising in comfort with reverse-cycle heat/air conditioning. Continually updated through the years, she includes recent electronics, sails, rigging, head stay, etc. She is maximized for performance with a full complement of sails, carbon rudder, full spinnaker gear, hydraulics, etc. She is seriously for sale.
Call, Text or Email Chris Davis
• Flag Blue Awlgripped topsides
• White gelcoat deck with Camel Brown non-skid
• White double boot top
• Gold leaf cove stripe
• Day Green bottom paint
• Varnished teak exterior trim
• Kevlar/E-glass hull and deck (Dupont knit hybrid fabric) reinforce the hand laid blister resistant vinylester resin laminate
• Additional strength per weight is created where the hull is cored with Airex.
• High stress areas have the core deleted and reinforced with additional laminations.
• A 6” hull flange receives the deck that is then fiberglassed and thru-bolted in place.
• Custom faired fiberglass centerboard with bronze leading edge - Raised and lowered with centerboard pennant cockpit winch.
• Centerboard slot closure
• Carbon spade rudder - GMT (2002)
• Stainless steel bow stem head with integral chocks
• Stainless steel bow pulpit and stern pulpit with integrated fold-down stainless steel stern boarding ladder
• Stainless steel stanchions with double lifelines and gates
• Varnished teak toe rails and exterior trim including eyebrows, handrails, dorade box and aft lazarette box.
• Two (2) double-opening smoked plexiglass hatches with varnished teak frames and screens
• Two (2) opening ports and four (4) fixed ports
• (2) Stainless steel dorades with white painted interiors in varnished teak double dorade box with center storage hatch
• Stainless steel double dorade guard rail
• Stainless steel deck hardware including spring line cleats
• Storm ports
The large T-shaped Sou’wester 42 cockpit is well laid-out for shorthanded sailing but also comfortably accommodates a large crew.
• Varnished teak capped cockpit coamings
• Four (4) stainless steel trimmed coaming pockets openings
• Teak cockpit sole.
• Varnished teak companionway hatch
• Custom fiberglass instrument pod over the companionway houses the sailing instruments
• Engine and systems switches flush mounted in cockpit helm well with plexiglass covers
• Molded-in nonskid topped, watertight lift-top cockpit seats offer sail and storage lockers.
• Large sail locker is port aft - includes anchor storage davits and anchor line rack.
• Custom shelves in cockpit locker, sail locker and lazarette add lots of extra storage.
• Helm visibility is not hindered by the dodger.
• Edson wheel steering pedestal
• Garmin chartplotter
• Stainless steel 46” wheel steering with elkhide covered rim
• Pedestal mounted engine controls
• Stainless steel binnacle with Ritchie compass in chrome binnacle cover
• Stainless steel binnacle guard
• Custom fold-down helm step
• Lewmar #52 secondary winches are easily reached single-handed.
More amenities include
• White dodger - Zippered front window and elkhide covered stainless steel grab rail
• Bimini top - with stainless steel supports that can fold down, out of the way aft
• Bimini spray screen - zips between bimini and dodger
• Zip Awning
• White cockpit cushions
• Hinckley varnished teak cockpit table - folding, binnacle mounted
• Hinckley varnished teak mug holder - binnacle mounted
• Lewmar #550 primary winches are mounted forward
From the Cockpit forward and down the companionway steps, the interior accommodations can sleep up to seven in two cabins and aft quarterberth, and includes one head, a galley, main salon, and separate nav station.
• Satin-varnished cherry interior
• Teak and holly cabin sole with polyurethane high gloss varnish.
• White overheads with lightweight Klegecell backing and varnished cherry trim.
• Integral varnished cherry handrails outboard
• Cruisair 16,000 BTU reverse-cycle heat/air conditioner - runs from shore
• Dome and Frigast stainless steel interior lighting
• Excellent ventilation and natural light via ports and overhead hatches
• Curtains throughout
• Weather covers for all berths
• Lee cloths - for main cabin and quarterberth
• Gun locker
COMPANIONWAY to cockpit:
Companionway has four steps with teak treads that lead to the accommodations below:
• Steps can be removed for access to the engine aft
• Custom teak port and starboard handrails at the companionway.
• Sliding double louvered door locker with shelf storage aft of the companionway steps
This area includes a full-width Main Salon forward, separate Nav station and an aft Quarterberth starboard aft with a full galley opposite to port.
• Indigo UltraSuede cushions
• Overhead opening hatch with screen
• Ports and windows port and starboard with curtains
• Integral handrail below port and starboard
NAVIGATION STATION (Aft Starboard):
Immediately to starboard of the companionway, the Nav Station faces forward and features:
• Full-size varnished cherry chart table with opening top for chart storage, etc. Nav table has custom built in handhold inboard
• Contoured cushioned nav seat opens for more storage
• Drawer storage inboard
• Custom cabinetry for instrumentation
• Soudenberg chart light
• Electrical panel outboard
• Two (2) dome lights over
• Additional locker storage
AFT QUARTERBERTH Area:
Aft of the nav station and separated by a half bulkhead is the open Aft Quarterberth area with:
• Single berth with cushions.
• Storage lockers
• Opening port for ventilation
• Hooks for hanging foul weather gear
GALLEY (Aft Port):
Opposite the nav station, the U-shaped galley is handy to the companionway and the main salon.
• White Formica countertop has abundant work space.
• Sliding louvered door lockers include shelving for plenty of storage
• Double stainless steel sink with polypropylene cutting board that fits smaller sink
• Chrome Grohe fixtures, hot and cold pressure water and Seagull filter
• Freshwater hand pump
• Custom Hinckley paper towel rack
• Custom Hinckley knife rack
• Custom teak backsplash
• Inboard stainless steel towel rack
• Shipmate 3-burner gimballed stainless steel stove with oven set in stainless steel enclosure. A stove cover stows behind the stove and there is a front stainless steel safety bar.
• Louvered sliding door locker storage outboard
• Countertop accessed bin storage forward
• (2) Dome lights
• Grunert 12-volt AR-50 saltwater-cooled, refrigerator and freezer - countertop lift-top accessed. Cooling is by: Engine-driven eutectic plates, generator power, or 110-volt shore power
• Louvered sliding door locker storage over aft.
• Dome light
• Custom Hinckley mug rack
• Custom Hinckley glass rack
MAIN SALON, Amidship:
Full-width Main Salon features a traditional plan of settee/transom berths port and starboard and a pilot berth over outboard each.
• Sleep up to four (4) persons.
• Transom berths pull-out for more room
• Large opening main cabin hatch with screen
• Frigast 12-volt lights port and starboard
• Dome lights
• Fans port and starboard
• AC/heat vents to starboard
• Varnished cherry half-bulkheads separate the main salon from the aft accommodations.
Centerline varnished cherry dining table is drop-leaf style and enables optional dining area for just a few or for a full crew.
• Custom built-in liquor storage in dining table.
Pull-out settee/transom berth and pilot berth have cushions upholstered in UltraSuede blue fabric.
• Three level chart/magazine/book rack on forward bulkhead
• Storage is accessed under the seat cushions
Pull-out settee/transom berth and pilot berth has matching blue cushions bottom and back
• Storage is accessed under the seat cushions
• Forward is a bureau with a locker over outboard.
• Hanging locker is forward of the bureau.
HEAD (Forward port):
Entry to the head is through two separate doors - Private door from the forward cabin and a second door from the rest of the accommodations.
This private head features:
• Varnished cherry bulkheads with a tile sole for easy cleaning
• White Formica countertop
• Stainless steel sink with fixtures including telephone-style shower
• Hot and & cold pressure water
• Freshwater hand pump
• Shower curtain on circular track
• Wilcox-Crittendon head with holding tank and pump
• Sliding door storage locker outboard
• Custom Hinckley stainless steel handrail towel rack.
• Opening port with screen
• Varnished cherry holder
The Forward Stateroom has two solid cherry doors for separate access from the accommodations aft or from the head.
Comfortably sleeps two in V-berth forward with:
• Adapter with cushion can form a double berth if desired.
• Mulberry UltraSuede covered cushions include insert
Plenty of storage is offered in:
• Drawers under berth
• Full-length sliding door lockers outboard over the berths.
• Hanging locker
• Bureau with 3-drawers
• Locker over and outboard bureau
• Large opening overhead hatch with screen
• Two ports with curtains
• Double louvered door gives access to the forepeak partitioned chain/rope locker.
• Recent Garmin 5212 12” Color Chartplotter with Radar overlay
• Recent Garmin Radar
• Robertson AP-200 Autopilot with remote
• Datamarine Offshore depth sounder
• ICOM M-700 SSB radio
• ICOM M-120 FM/VHF radio
• Ockam Package - Boat Speed, Wind Angles, True and Apparent Wind Speed, VMG, etc. - at nav and over cockpit companionway. B&G analog wind over companionway.
Entertainment system includes:
• Sony AM/FM/Cassette player with 10-disc CD changer and four (4) speakers - Two (2) interior and two (2) exterior.
Aluminum double spreader tapered spars are painted to match housetop (2003/4).
• Navtec 1 x 19 stainless rod standing rigging (2003/4) with turnbuckle tensioners
• Harken mast track with batt slides
• Additional #3 track
• Tri-sect masthead with Spectra halyards
• Stainless steel blocks and genoa tracks
• Jib halyard and two (2) spinnaker halyards.
• Pro-furl roller furling headstay (2003/4)
• Hall quick boom vang
• Navtec hydraulic backstay
• Running backstays
• Cabin top mainsheet traveler
• Spinnaker pole and reaching strut - Deck mounted
• Full Harken Spinnaker Pkg - Harken pole lift, blocks, 2 sets Spectra guys and sheets, etc.
• Winches handles
• Recent Doyle Mainsail
• Recent Doyle Drifter
• Recent Doyle Genoa
Lewmar II winch package:
• (1) #550 STC - Primaries
• (1) #52 STC - Cockpit Secondaries
• (2) #43 STC - Spinnaker
• (1) #43 STC - Main halyard
• (1) #43 STC - Jib
• (1) #43 STC - Mainsheet + centerboard
• (1) #43 STC - Pole foreguy and topping lift
• (1) #30 STC - Reefing
• #2 Genoa - North, 7.8 oz Nordac with UV leech cover (Good condition)
• 97% #3 Genoa - North, 240 TX (Used)
• 85% #4 Genoa - North, 8.8 oz + hanks (for Great Lakes racing - not used)
• New Doyle Drifter "Geniker" Genoa Spinnaker
• Symmetrical Spinnaker - North, 3/4 oz.
• Asymmetrical Spinnaker - North, 3/4 oz (2003) with North sock
• Reacher Spinnaker - North, .75 oz (1998)
• Storm Jib - North, 8.8 oz (Never used)
• Dazy staysail - North, 1 oz Norlam
• New Doyle Drifter "Geniker"
12-volt DC electrical system
• 100-amp/hr starting battery (2003) - charged by 65-amp engine mounted alternator
• 450-amp/hr AGM lighting battery (2019) - charged by 105-amp engine mounted alternator
• Battery parallel switch
• Voltage meter and ammeter
• (6) 12-volt outlets
110-volt AC electrical system:
• 50-amp/125-volt shore power inlet
• 50 ft x 50-amp/125-volt shore cord with 50-amp/125-volt to 50-amp 125/250-volt pigtail adapter
• Spare 30-amp shore cord
• Sentry 40-amp converter
• (4) 110-volt outlets
• Ample Power management system
• Electrical bonding system
1992 Yanmar 4JH2E 46 hp FWC diesel engine with 2:1 reduction gear
• Aquamet 22 stainless steel shaft
• 3-blade Maxi feathering propeller
• Racor fuel filter
• Oil pressure gauge
• Engine temperature gauge
• Remote fuel gauge
• "Tank Tender" fuel and water tank gauge
• Low oil pressure alarm
• High water temperature alarm
• Fiberglass water-lift type muffler
• Oil transfer system
• Sound insulated engine room
• Bilge blower
• Fresh and saltwater wash down pump
• 12-volt electric bilge pump with indicator light
• Manual bilge pump
• Third bilge pump under cabin sole
• Sump pump
• Head holding tank with pump
• All required MARPOL placards
• (3) Fire extinguishers
• (2) Propane fuel tanks
• Electric and manual solenoid propane fuel shut-off valves
• Hot water 12-gallon heater
• Emergency tiller steering
• Saltwater deck wash down system
• Pressure fresh water deck wash down system
• Outdoor shower
• Dock lines
• Outboard motor bracket - stern pulpit mounted
• Varnished teak ensign pole and flush socket
• Coast Guard required safety equipment
• Life jackets
• (2) Horseshoe life rings in stainless steel bracket
• Simpson Lawrence electric windlass with chain wildcat.
• 45#CQR anchor mounted in bow roller chock with 200' x 5/16" chain
• (2) Fortress anchors (one folding)
• 200’ x 1/2" anchor rode
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. Hours listed may vary from actual hours due to recent use. Purchaser is encouraged to verify hours prior to purchase. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.