44' Alden Yachts Mark II Cutter Rig 1981
Pearl is a 1981 Alden Yachts 44’, Mark II interior and cutter rig. White Awlgrip topsides accented with a gold cove and blue boot stripe. Hydraulic centerboard and backstay, full battened main, roller furling genoa, self tending staysail and drifter/reacher. Her 2005 Westerbeke 55B diesel engine has 890 hours. If you’re looking for a clean, well maintained and traditional sailing vessel, call for a showing today.
Pearl is in absolutely exemplary condition. Her freshly varnished brightwork, and tan canvas complete a look that will turn heads in any harbor. Many improvements, re-fits and upgrades defy her age.
Please email request for high definition photos!
Meer specificaties, uitrusting en informatie:
Lengte over alles: 44 ft 2 in
Breedte: 12 ft 6 in
Lengte over water: 34 ft 1 in
Minimum diepgang: 4 ft 11 in
Maximum diepgang: 8 ft 9 in
Waterverplaatsing: 24500 lbs
Ballast: 10000 lbs
Totaal vermogen: 55 HP
Merk motor: Westerbeke
Type motor: 55B
Type motor: Binnenboord
Schroef: 3 bladschroef
Type aandrijving: V Drive
Motorvermogen: 55 HP
Aantal watertanks: (160 Gallons)
Aantal brandstoftanks: (60 Gallons)
Aantal enkele bedden: 2
Aantal dubbele bedden: 3
Aantal toiletten: 1
1981 Alden 44 Mark II
Pearl is a 1981 Alden Yachts 44’, one of a few models designed with the open Mark II interior. She is named after the curve of her tumblehome and her white hull, which is accented with a gold cove stripe and a double navy blue boot stripe. Varnished brightwork and tan canvas complete a traditional look that will turn heads in any harbor.
Pearl offers a sailor performance, with a hydraulic centerboard and backstay, and speed with her full batten mainsail and cutter rig. Her 2005 Westerbeke 55B diesel engine has 890 hours and sits in a clean engine compartment with access from the companionway stairs, cockpit locker, and the quarter berth.
If you’re looking for a clean traditional sailing classic, call for a showing today.
Hull, deck and House
In 2005, Pearl’s topsides were painted white with AWLGrip products. In 2008, all the original teak decking was removed from the decks, house top and cockpit, and replaced with white fiberglass with a grey non skid pattern. Her bottom is painted with a black antifoulant.
The comfortable cockpit includes:
- Pedestal steering with a 36” stainless steel wheel
- Port and starboard seats molded into the fiberglass and raised decking for level standing at the helm
- A deep storage locker to starboard with access to the engine
- A shallow storage locker to port provides storage for lines and hardware
The deck includes:
- Double lifelines with entry gates at center, port and starboard
- Stainless steel bow pulpit with a teak seat at the bow
- Stainless steel stern rail with outboard bracket
- Ideal anchor windless and double anchor rollers at the bow
- Sliding hatch to the large bosun locker for storing deck equipment, sails, or an extra anchor and rode (located between the bow and the house)
Deck housing includes:
- Teak eyebrow and grab rail, port and starboard
- Teak storage compartment for winch handles, reef lines, etc.
- Two stainless steel dorado vents
- Mainsail and staysail adjustable traveler tracks
- Four opening hatches and six opening ports with screens
As you enter the center companionway from the cockpit, a U-shaped galley is to starboard. Galley upgrades include Corian countertops, double stainless steel sink, three burner propane stove with oven, and Grunert 12 volt refrigeration system. Opposite the galley is a forward facing chart table/nav station, which backs to a hanging locker, followed by a double quarter berth. Going forward, to port is a double berth settee with a pilot berth above; to starboard is an L-shaped single berth settee with a bookshelf and cabinetry above. A centerline table with leaves serves both settees.
Following the settees, to port is a set of drawers with a hanging locker above, and to starboard is the head, which includes an electric flush toilet, stainless steel sink with hand held shower, teak shower grate over fiberglass flooring and plenty of storage above and below the sink. The head can be entered through a door in the forward stateroom and from the main cabin.
As you enter the forward stateroom, to port is a set of drawers with a hanging locker above, followed by a curved settee. To starboard is a pullman style double berth. There is plenty of storage to be found in open storage shelves and in cabinetry at the foot of the berth.
The interior finish is varnished ash, trimmed with cherry. The cushions for the main cabin and the forward stateroom settees are dark green suede-look, and the cushion for the quarter berth, pilot berth and forward stateroom berth are tan with dark green piping. The cabin has a teak and holly sole and lifting floor boards provide access to the vessel’s systems. There are many custom curved surfaces and cabinetry throughout the cabin.
Spars, Rigging, Sails and Canvas
- The aluminum mast (keel stepped), booms and spreaders were AwlGripped white in 2013.
- Standing rigging 1 x 19 SS wire has had shrouds replaced at various times since 1999.
- Hydraulic centerboard and Navtec hydraulic backstay. The hydraulic control panel is at the helm. The ram, stuffing box and shaft for the centerboard was replaced 2018.
- Harken car track on mast for mainsail.
- Double reef lines and Lazy Jacks system for mainsail
- Harken MK II roller furling for head sail
- Hood Mainsail, fully battened, annual sail loft inspections
- Squeteague Sailmakers Genoa 110, new 2019
- Hood Genoa 130, annual sail loft inspection
- Hood Staysail, annual sail loft inspection
- Drifter/Reacher, lightly used
- Sunbrella Linen canvas dodger with stainless steel frame (2016)
- Sunbrella Linen canvas sail covers and mast boot (2016)
- WinchRite Electric Winch Handle
On cockpit coaming:
#32 ST primary, port and starboar 3 speed
#28 secondary, port and starboard, 2 speed
On cabin house
#23 ST mainsail sheet line, 2 speed
#23 ST stay sail halyard, 2 speed
#23 ST reef lines, 2 speed
#27 ST head sail halyard, 2 speed
#25 two available, both 2 speed
- Westerbeke 55B diesel engine, full gauges at helm, 890 hours
- Remote oil filter and Racor fuel filter
- Stainless steel shaft 1-1/4”
- Three bladed bronze feathering Max Prop 70mm
- Engine compartment ventilation, 12v Blower
- Engine compartment insulation, Soundown foil and foam
Mechanical and Plumbing Systems
- Water Pressure: Electrical Par diaphragm pump for domestic water
- Toilet: Sealand Masterflush 12 VDC with tank monitor; fresh water flush direct to 38 gal. holding tank
- Hand held shower in head and hand held shower in cockpit, both with hot/cold pressure water
- Raritan 6 gallon water heater (2009)
- Sump with float switch for shower in head
- Electrical bilge pump with float switch in bilge, manual diaphragm bilge pump in cockpit
- House battery bank has four AGM Group 27 12V batteries with Balmar Regulator.
- Separate engine starting battery; Group 27 12v.
- Power Max 125 amp alternator for house battery bank
- Engine alternator, 55 amp, for the starter battery.
- Shore power battery charger and shore power cord
- Raymarine RL80 CRC 10.4” Color Monitor Chart Plotter, GPS and Radar System
- Raymarine RL70 C 7” Color display at helm
- Raymarine Radar, 4KW RaDome Scanner on mast
- Raymarine Rail Mounted GPS Mushroom Antenna
- Raymarine Auto Pilot and ST6001 Auto Pilot Control at helm
- Raymarine SeaTalk Inter-Unit Communication System.
- Raymarine ST60 Cockpit Instruments Wind, Speed, Depth and Temperature with SeaTalk Inter-Unit Communication.
- ICOM VHF M402 at Nav Station
- Stereo with Cockpit and Cabin Speakers
- 45 lb Lewmar Plow Anchor with chain (40’) to rope (250’) rode
- 40 lb Danforth Anchor with chain to rope rode
- Varnished boarding/swim ladder
- Dock lines and fenders
- LifeSling Rescue System
- Man Overboard Lite
- Cockpit Cushions
- Miller Canvas winter cover and frame
- Edson boarding step
- Chrome Ships Bell
Pearl is a 1981 Alden Yachts 44’, Mark II interior and cutter rig. White Awlgrip topsides accented with a gold cove and blue boot stripe. She is in absolutely exemplary condition. Her freshly varnished brightwork, and tan canvas complete a look that will turn heads in any harbor. Many improvements, re-fits and upgrades defy her age.
Please email request for high definition photos!
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
*This price is based on today's currency conversion rate.