s/v Nelly New listing - more info coming soon!
Looking for a well-loved and appreciated good boat? This strong well built, Sparkman Stephens designed, Tartan 37 might just be your ticket, for sailing your own boat. Built in Tartan's Ohio yard, these beautiful, maintained, modern classics keep appreciating in value, and delight.
Nelly is easy on the eyes, with sparkly waxed hull, Kelly Green Iverson Dodger, Bimini, sailcover, covered varnished handrails and even green fenders. The toerail and cockpit are freshly, professionally varnished with nine coats! Even the cockpit sole is clean! Bottom painted in 2018, zincs were replaced in July. Below the companionway, the 40HP Westerbeke is updated and professionally maintained. Note the bundled labeled wiring and Halon Automatic 1301 engine room fire extinguisher. There's newer lighting and new custom cushions, plus a custom V-berth mattress. As you come below you notice the beautiful teak woodwork, generous galley to starboard and clever quarter-berth/seat for the spacious nav station on port. The galley has a double sink aft close to the companionway, with storage above and along the hull outboard the 3-burner propane stove w/ oven and double-door, deep icebox with freezer. Note the opening port above the stove, sweet!
Forward on starboard, as you move into the salon, is a rare cozy sea-berth. The salon has a wonderful fold-down large table with storage. The mast is not in the middle of the view, and the cushions are new and comfortable. A secure bookshelf with enclosed storage is on port. There's lots more storage as you move forward, with the head to port, and V-berth with covered hatch forward, anchor locker door, drawers, and hanging locker.
The spacious layout and storage capacity of this yacht are legendary among cruisers, and Bluewaterboats.org provides a description of this ever-popular performance-cruiser deep-keel model.
They don't build boats like this anymore, so come see the design difference! Bring your checkbook - first one with a good offer, will get a very special boat!
Note: This boat is not at West Yachts in Anacortes. Please call Lee Youngblood for viewing in Seattle, at Mobile #425-444-9109. Thanks!
Tartan 37 s/v Nelly 1980
Sparkman Stephens designed, fiberglass performance cruiser.
Built by Tartan Marine Company in Grand River, Ohio USA
* LOA: 37.29' * LWL: 28.50’
* Beam: 11.75‘ * Draft: 6.58’
* Displacement: 15,500 Lbs. * Ballast: 7,500 Lbs.
* SailArea: 625 Sq.Ft. * SA/Disp: 16.14
Sails and Rigging Notes
* Dacron Main with battens, reefs, lazy jacks, cover
* Mainsail Strong Track System - 2019
* Dacron Yankee Genoa with Harken Roller Furling
* Symmetric spinnaker with Aluminum Pole
* Single-Spreader, Keel-stepped Mast, with Windex
* S.S. Wire Standing Rigging w/ Dacron Running Rigging
* New Jib sheets and Main sheet - 2019
* 2) Lewmar # 44 - 3-speed primary winches
* 2) Lewmar 30 self tailing secondary winches
* 2) Lewmar ST trim winches on cabin-top
* Iverson Dodger w/ Bimini, 1.25” Tubing - 2019
Mechanical and Electrical Equipment
* 40HP Westerbeke M-50 Diesel auxiliary w/gauges
* 1" SS Shaft, Hurth Transmission
* 2-Blade Martec Feathering Prop
* Cruising Speed: 5.8 kts, hull speed 7.3kts
* 1) Start Battery, West Marine AGM Group 27 - 2019
* 2) House Batteries, WM Group 31, 105 AmpHrs. 2019
* 10V Electrical Breaker Panel w/ isolated outlets
* 12 V Tartan Breaker Panel
* Xantrex TC4012 40A Smart Battery Charger - 2019
* Xantrex Remote Battery Monitor / Control Panel
* Autohelm ST-4000 Wheel Pilot
* Datamarine Knotmeter and Depth
* Garmin 724xs Chart Plotter
* Uniden UM380 VHF at Nav Station
Galley | Interior Gear
* Gimbaled 3-Burner Kenyon Stove w/oven
* 4.5 Gal. Propane tank, Solenoid w/gauge
* Stainless-steel deep double sinks
* Saltwater foot pump
* Hot/Cold Pressure water
* 6 Gal. Isotherm 110v/Eng. HW Heat-2018
* Large Icebox w/ Freezer Evaporator
* Magma Grill on stern rail
* Barometer, Clock, boat spares. . .
* Espar Airtronic D4 Diesel Furnace
Hull | Deck | Safety Gear
* CSR Bottom Paint 2018
* CSR Deck repair + midship nonskid 2018
* Danforth Anchor, 5/16”Chain, 5/8” Rode
* Emergency Tiller, LifeSling
* Manual and Electric Bilge Pumps
* S.S. Stanchions with double lifelines
* 50' 30A Shore Power Cable
* Bilge-Pump Handle, Fire extinguishers
* Fenders, Dock lines, Horn and Life-jackets
* S.S. Stern boarding ladder
* Richie 5” Compass at Binnacle
* Manual Toilet w/ Tank + Macerator 2017
* 50 gal. Diesel Tank
* 90 gal. Water Tanks
* 18 gal. Holding Tank