HULL & DECK:
- Dark Green hull, white boottop, blue bottom.
- New S/S rubstrake.
- S/S dinghy davits.
- Exterior teak trim.
- Modified fin keel with skeg-hung rudder; centerboard.
- Double S/S wire lifelines.
- 42” Edson wheel steering on pedestal with elkhide covered wheel.
- S/S bow and stern rails.
- S/S bowsprit with roller.
- Fiberglass rudder.
- 2015 toast colored Dodger; approximately 2012 toast colored bimini.
UPGRADES & IMPROVEMENTS:
- New pressure water pump.
- New batteries (see electrical).
- Bottom soda blasted.
- 2 coats Interprotect and 2 coats Micron bottom paint.
- Deck repainted with 2 tone cream colored Awlgrip; cabin house Awlgripped white.
- All thru hulls refurbished or replaced.
- Frigiboat refrigeration keel cooler installed.
- Dynaplate removed, cleaned and reinstalled.
- Sidepower bow thruster installed.
- Rudder gland repacked.
- Top rudder bearing refurbished.
- All new running gear – 3 blade Max prop, shaft Lasdrop seal, shaft and coupling.
- All stanchions, deck hardware, windlass and bow roller removed and rebedded.
- Wet deck coring removed and replaced with new balsa and epoxy around mizzen and main mast step and under windlass, as well as several other spots in deck.
- Chainplates rebedded.
- Windlass refurbished.
- New electronics package.
- New fridge/freezer installed.
- Engine room blower replaced.
- New forward holding tank; approximately 25 gallons.
- 2012 Paragon gearbox rebuilt.
- 2014 new standing rigging.
- 2014 Harken roller furling headstay.
- 2014 lifelines replaced.
- 2014 windows replaced.
Fuel: 150 gallons in 2 Monel tanks under salon sole.
Water: 250 gallons in 2 S/S tanks under salon sole.
Holding: Approximately 25 gallons; new holding tank services the forward head only.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- Single Ford Lehman 2712E diesel, 80 hp, 4 cylinder, FWC last serviced 2018 (belts checked, oil, filters, Racors).
- 9477 hours as reported on the hour meter as of July 2019.
- Paragon marine transmission; gearbox rebuilt 2012.
- Lasdrop dripless shaft seal.
- 2 alternators.
- 3 blade 20” LH Max prop and shaft razor, installed 2015.
- 1 ½” S/S shaft.
- 2015 new Sidepower Bow thruster.
- Racor fuel filter.
- Cruising speed: 7.5-8 knots.
- 12V/110V AC-DC electrical systems with circuit breaker panels.
- Twin 30 amp shore power service with 110V cords.
- 2017 new 4-6V lead acid house batteries; 2 bow thruster and windlass batteries; 1engine battery (all in acid proof containers).
- Ideal electric windlass.
- 5 kw Northern Lights generator with 1687 hours, with waterlift muffler.
- Allcraft hot water heater.
- 30 amp battery charger.
- For 5-6 with one in salon, two staterooms and two heads.
- Beautiful varnished teak interior; new headliners in main salon, cushions and joinery all in above average condition.
- Vee berths forward with filler, with head and shower to port and numerous drawers and lockers to starboard.
- Two single berths in aft cabin with enclosed head with tub/shower, sink and W.C. Also, aft companionway out to small aft cockpit.
- Main salon has two swivel chairs and small table between to port. Also, there is a larger fold-away table on main bulkhead.
- To starboard is a single settee with bookshelves outboard.
- The galley is a large U-shaped galley with excellent storage.
- Next aft and down one step is the large nav table, and battery and tool storage in passageway.
- Further aft is the aft cabin with two single berths and enclosed head with tub-shower and Lavac W.C.
- Engine access is via passageway doors or from aft head.
- Double S/S sink with hot and cold pressure water.
- 3 burner Shipmate propane stove with oven.
- Frigoboat freezer/refrigerator (keel-cooled Danfoss BD50).
- Top loading freezer.
- Simrad NSS12 Radar/Chartplotter (network with B&G).
- B&G 7 (cockpit).
- B&G 7 (nav station).
- B&G radar & GPS under bimini (used as a backup).
- B&G Wind, speed and depth transducers.
- 2 B&G Triton MFD’s.
- B&G V50 VHF with AIS with remote.
- 1 Handheld VHF’s.
- Danforth Constellation compass.
SAILS & RIGGING:
- Roller furling Mainsail; and mizzen by Lee in Hong Kong.
- 130% Roller furling Genoa (high cut), by Lee in Hong Kong.
- Staysail (not used).
- All sails inspected annually.
- Aluminum deck stepped mast and mizzen.
- Mainsail traveler aft of helm seat.
- 1x19 S/S standing rigging and lifelines, all new 2014.
- Running rigging.
- 2 Barient #26 electric primary winches (not self tending).
- 1 Barient # 16.
- 1 Barient #22 for main and mizzen sheet.
- Barient #23 S.T. mainsheet.
- 2019 Harken Roller furler.
- 12V Ideal windlass – down only.
- 60 lb CQR anchor with chain and rode.
- 45 lb CQR anchor with chain and rode.
- 70 lb Luke anchor – 3 piece.
- Johnson electric bilge pump.
- Par electric bilge pump.
- Cockpit cushions – blue & white piping.
- Tan main Dodger and bimini.
- Aft companionway black Dodger, refurbished 2016.
- Emergency tiller.
- Bell; horn.
- Life sling.
- Radar reflector.
- C02 detector.
- LPG fume detector.
- Two LPG steel tanks with COD valves.
- Manual bilge pump.
COMMENTS: MEHALAH is a very comfortable 45’ Henry Scheel center cockpit, keel-centerboard ketch, capable and ideal as a liveaboard and offshore cruising vessel. She was built in 1973 when the fiberglass was thick in her hull. Her present owners purchased her in 2013, and have continued to upgrade many of the systems for ease of sailing. These include the installation of a bow thruster and electric winches, new refrigeration system, new S/S standing rigging and lifelines, and new electronics. Her Ford Lehman 80 hp diesel has over 9,000 hours, but this office has seen these reliable diesels go 20,000 hours. Her older sails are serviceable unless going offshore. We shall be pleased to arrange for your inspection. Thank you for your interest.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.