ACORN has had only one previous owner. She is very well known as one of the best B40’s ever by our Hinckley crew and service team. Acorn is owned by a true yachtsman for many years here in Maine. 2007 Engine 55-hp, recent electronics, excellent hull, deck, masts, boom (new). The interior is excellent! Acorn is a top rated B40 and is “turn-key”. Asking $160,000 SW Harbor, ME.
Meer specificaties, uitrusting en informatie:
Naam van boot
Werf: Hinckley Yachts
Ontwerper: Bill Tripp Jr.
Lengte over alles: 40 ft 9 in
Breedte: 11 ft 9 in
Minimum diepgang: 4 ft 6 in
Maximum diepgang: 8 ft 9 in
Waterverplaatsing: 20000 lbs
Totaal vermogen: 55 HP
Merk motor: Westerbeke
Type motor: 55c fwc DIESEL
Type motor: Binnenboord
Type aandrijving: Directe aandrijving
Motorvermogen: 55 HP
Kruissnelheid: 6 Knots
Maximum snelheid: 7 Knots
Aantal watertanks: (135 Gallons)
Aantal brandstoftanks: (32 Gallons)
Aantal afvalstoffentanks: (20 Gallons)
Aantal enkele bedden: 6
Aantal toiletten: 1
ACORN is a comfortable White hull Bermuda 40 MK II Yawl with roller furling. She can sleep six in a varnished mahogany layout plan that has an Owner's Cabin forward, Head, and a Main Cabin that has a full-width Main Salon and a Galley/Nav station.
HULL and DECK
Matterhorn White Awlgrip topsides
Vestal White Awlgripped (2013) cabin top, cockpit and deck areas with molded contrasting light tan nonskid
Gold cove stripe
Bottom: No history of hull blisters. Epoxy interprotect barrier paint under antifouling. Very fair hull bottom condition.
- Solid hand laid fiberglass hull reinforced with additional laminations in all stress areas.
- Deck is set in a molded in 6” hull flange, then fiberglassed and bolted to form a permanent hull/deck joint.
- Molded in nonskid deck pattern
- Stainless steel capped teak guard rail at sheer
- Varnished teak exterior trim
KEEL: External lead keel is fastened with stainless steel bolts
CENTERBOARD: Bronze centerboard is operated by a worm gear with grounding override.
- Has been beautifully Awlgripped (2013)
- Much of the deck hardware has recently been re-chromed.
Hinckley SS stem head with anchor roller
Teak anchor chain guard
Stainless steel bow and stern pulpits and stanchions with double lifelines and gates
Hatches with white translucent hatch covers on teak hatch boxes
(2) Chrome dorade cowl vents with white painted interiors - re-chromed 2013
Exterior teak trim, toe rails and hand rails - professionally varnished
Varnished teak cockpit coamings
White translucent hatches with screens
SS genoa tracks on toe rails
Fresh and saltwater deck washes
(2) Anchor storage deck mounts
Spinnaker pole chocks
Aft deck: Varnished teak-covered dual lazarette and separate aft locker with varnished teak hatch cover.
The comfortable aft cockpit has varnished teak coamings with SS cap port and stbd. Built in winch pockets. The cockpit seating includes locking watertight opening cockpit seats that offer both storage and sail lockers. Cockpit scuppers drain overboard.
Dodger: 3-bow with windows and 3 elkhide-covered grab bars
Cockpit awning - zips to dodger top and has removable side curtains.
Hinckley varnished folding cockpit table
Hinckley Varnished teak drinks rack
Teak cockpit sole grate (Cetol finished)
Cockpit cushions - White with blue trim closed-cell foam
Sunbrella blue closed-foam cushions
Covered recessed engine panel in the cockpit well
Multiple Navigation displays on forward bulkhead
Edson pedestal steering:
- Recent Edson steering pedestal and mechanicals
- SS pedestal guard with elkhide covered grab rail top and mounted B&G pilot display
- SS steel ships steering wheel
- 6” Danforth Corsair compass mounted in binnacle
- Engine controls
ELECTRONICS and NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
Brookes & Gatehouse H 3000 instrumentation:
Type 2 hydraulic autopilot steering ram
H 3000 Autopilot control at helm station, housed in a custom fabricated and polished stainless enclosure
Remote hand-held control unit
MOB red button at the helm station
Datamarine digital depth stand-alone unit in nav area, with a repeater display in cockpit.
(2) VHF: Icom 604 VHF radio - nav area, + mounted smaller backup Icom VHF radio. Antennas on main and mizzen masts.
Danforth Corsair 6” compass with slow oil and red night lighting- Cockpit
Rogue Wave wi-fi setup, with router.
Cell phone signal booster.
- Sony AM-FM /CD radio with stereo speakers.
- Varnished mahogany interior woodwork
- Varnished solid teak and holly sole
- White painted overhead
Espar heater: Air-Tronic Eberspacher diesel cabin heater
Curtains on sliders throughout, covering cabin ports
Ludovica (made in Italy) Egyptian cotton-fitted bedsheets for V-berths. Fitted polarfleece blue blankets for V-berths by Maine Point. Various other cotton bedsheets.
V-berths have custom shaped 6” deep Tempur-Pedic matresses and covers.
All bunks are covered with blue Ultra-Suede.
Various decorative soft pillows in cabin.
- Many drawers in the cabin spaces have been enlarged considerably and have white Formica bottom liners
- Cedar-lined hanging lockers
ENTRY: From the Cockpit forward, down the companionway steps with interior handrails, is the full-width aft GALLEY area. There is a storage locker behind the steps.
- The starboard galley doubles as the Navigation Station, handy to the cockpit
- Built-in sole dust pan
The Galley includes:
Double SS sink in galley, with both fresh and saltwater pressure faucets, a faucet with Seagull IV filtered water, and a fresh water hand pump.
Gimbaled 3-Burner Shipmate stove with oven. Formica stove cover extends countertop.
LPG electric shutoff valve.
Large (for a B-40) storage for food, cooking pans, and utensils.
Refrigeration: A Grunert system driven by a ½ HP 12 volt DC water-cooled compressor. There is a stainless steel-lined refrigerator and a separate small stainless steel-lined freezer, both individually temperature controlled, and with SS salt-brine holding plates.
Dish storage and silverware drawers are outboard the refrigerator/freezer countertop
Two aluminum LPG storage tanks are in a locker vented overboard
- Storage lockers including trap stowage
- Glass racks
- Mug rack
NAVIGATION STATION (aft stbd):
Aft and handy to the cockpit and starboard from the companionway, the refrigeration countertop acts as a Nav table with chart storage above. There is a red and a white light over. The electrical panel and boat systems displays are aft. A nav display and varnished mahogany rack is to stbd of the companionway.
The Main Salon is full-width and sleeps up to 4, as well as provides an interior entertainment/dining area.
- Large drop-leaf varnished mahogany dining table is center mounted. An additional table extension is stored on the forward main cabin bulkhead. Can seat 6 people in comfort.
- Two book/storage shelves are forward port along with a 110V outlet.
- Large overhead hatch with translucent hatch cover
Port and starboard are pull-out transom berths and pilot berths for sleeping accommodations up to four.
- Shelf storage is outboard the pilot berths
- More storage is under the berths - Custom redone oversized from standard
- Port and starboard ports, with curtains
- Integral mahogany handrails under the windows
Forward to starboard is a hanging locker, and a liquor locker that is accessed from the pilot berth.
HEAD (Forward port):
Across from the first hanging locker is the head painted white with varnished mahogany trim.
Varnished wood vanity top with white undermounted sink
The fixtures and handheld shower are polished chrome
Hot and cold pressure water
- Medicine cabinet.
- Linen locker
- Six mahogany-faced drawers provide storage for personal toiletries
- Opening portlight and screen
There is a solid mahogany panel door that provides privacy for the forward stateroom.
V-berths have provision for an adapter to form a double berth.
- Seat between has a storage locker under
- Storage shelves over outboard
- Large drawers and drop-front storage under the berths
- (2) Hanging lockers
- Bureau – with 4-drawers and storage under
- Overhead translucent opening hatch, with screen
- Forward doors to forepeak storage
- Port, starboard, and forward fixed ports, with curtains
SAILS and RIGGING
Aluminum main and mizzen spars have stainless steel 1 x 19 standing rigging.
- All spars are Awlgripped Matterhorn white (2014).
- Main boom is by Offshore Spars, set up with slab reefing and a Lewmar ST winch, Harken outhaul car, etc.
- Mizzen boom is set up for reefing.
- Lazy jacks for mainsail, Cunningham, etc.
- GMT Carbon fiber spinnaker pole, Awlgripped white.
- Mainsheet blocks are polished SS by Harken.
- Mainsheet traveller is Harken black aluminum rail, and ball bearing car.
- Varnished ash rigging rollers
- Rigging and turnbuckles replaced as recommended by Hinckley Service over the years.
- Lewmar - All-chrome self-tailing and re-chromed
- (2) #54 STC primaries
- (2) #44 STC secondaries
- (2) #40 STC main sheet and main halyard
- (1) #30 STC main reefing lines - Boom
- (1) #40 STC spinnaker halyard
- (1) #22 SS Jib halyard
- (1) #10 SS Mizzen sheet winch
- Mizzen halyard is wire to a reel winch.
- North Mainsail, full batten 2015, soft Nor-Lam 7.0 NLXW
- North 135% Genoa – roller furling 2015, soft Nor-Lam 7.0 NLXW
- North Mizzen, full batten 2015, soft Nor-Lam 5.0 NLXW
- North Gennaker with snuffer sock. – Red/White nylonl
- North Reacher - with snuffer sock. – Red/White nylon
- Hood Mizzen staysail - – Red/White nylon
- Sunbrella sail covers
Separate 12-volt systems for engine starting and accessories.
- Engine starting battery is AGM 12 volt.
- House batteries are AGM LIFE LINE GPL-4CT 6-volt (2015). (4 batteries connected in a 12Vt setup)
- A Guest battery selector switch allows engine start with house batteries.
- Ample Power smart charging regulator and battery monitor. There’s also a backup regulator in the system in case of primary regulator failure.
- Standard Hinckley two-alternator charging setup. 160 amp-hour Series 95 Balmar alternator (rebuilt 2015) for charging house batteries, and a separate smaller alternator to charge the starting battery.
- Blue Seas digital display DC amp meter and DC volt meter.
- Prosine 3000 converter/battery charger.
- 110-volt shore charging system with 110-volt panel
- Several shore cords, adapters, etc.
- (4) 110V AC duplex outlets on GFI. (2-main salon, 1-head, 1-fwd cabin)
- Most of the bulbs on this boat are LED.
- Anchor lights on main and mizzen, separately controlled, are LED with a 2-3 mile visibility range
- Peters and Bey navigation running lights, to COLREGS 2 mile standards.
- Deck lights are on the main spreaders.
- Red dome lights in cabin and head for use when underway at night.
- Two dome lights illuminate the engine compartment space.
- Dome light in anchor locker
- Frigast, Imtra and other 12V interior lamp lights.
2007 Westerbeke 55-C diesel natural aspiration engine with ZF 250 transmission drive.
- 2007 Bronze drive shaft with cutlass bearing, and Maxi Prop.
- Secondary repeater engine panel accessible at companionway in cabin.
- Propeller has a fabricated steel rod cage to prevent fouling. This can be easily removed if desired.
- Racor 500 marine primary fuel filter, with condition indicator gauge.
- Water-lift cooling water exhaust; shutoff valve to prevent back-flooding of engine in offshore work.
- Copper oil catch pan under the engine and transmission.
- Oil pressure and temperature gauges
- Marinetics propane safety switch
- Hot water is supplied from engine while underway or by shore power electric heater.
- Jabsco PAR pressure FW pump, and an identical spare.
- Deck wash: Fresh and seawater faucets on deck for wash-downs, anchor etc.
- Salt water pump for galley
- Jabsco diaphragm bilge pump, automatic float switch operated.
- Manually operated gallon-a-stroke 2” dia. Edson bronze bilge pump mounted under cabin sole.
- Whale manual bilge pump - at helm station.
- Sump tank with electric discharge pump.
- Manually operated Whale pump for holding tank to overboard when offshore.
- Fireboy MA2 automatically activated fire extinguisher installed in the engine spaces.
- Various small portable marine fire extinguishers
- Air-Tronic Eberspacher diesel cabin heater. (Aka “Espar heater”)
- Numerous spare parts
- Fuel tank: appx. 32-gallons monel metal
- Fresh water: 135 gallons fresh water = 3 interconnected stainless steel tanks; a gate-valve isolates the 35-gallon bow water tank.
- Holding tank: 20-gallons - welded stainless
- Tank Tender monitor gauge for water and holding tanks
- Hot water 10-gallon heater - new 2015
- Ideal anchor windlass, with both chain gypsy and rope capstan
- CQR 45 pound anchor – in a Hinckley bow roller
- Heavy fisherman anchor – deck mounted.
- Danforth anchor – deck mounted
- Spare CQR
- 220 feet of 5/16” hi-alloy Campbell galvanized anchor chain
- 100 ft + nylon braid ½” anchor line.
- 50 ft X 5/8” Yale Brait anchor chain snubber with SS chain hook.
- Large Ratsey and Lapthorn offshore sea anchor drogue.
- Hinckley small SS and teak boarding ladder for stb. side.
- Hinckley original varnished teak and chrome hinged boarding and swim ladder.
- Plastimo rope boarding ladder.
- Several rubber cheek snatch blocks.
- Kahlenberg twin air horns, compressor, and air storage tank
- Switlik MOM 8 man-overboard rescue unit.
- Switlik CORD man-overboard retrieval unit.
- Dockines: (4) long 5/8” diam, white 8-strand Yale Brait with a long-spliced eye
- Other miscellaneous docklines
- ACR EPIRB (2016)
- (2) Inflatable Life vests
- Life jackets
- (1) Horseshoe life rings with stainless steel brackets
- Bosun’s chair.
- Misc Sunbrella covers for cockpit table, binnacle etc.
- Screens for hatches and companionway hatch
- Full thickness acrylic transparent companionway wash boards
- Varnished teak companionway wash boards
- Forespar Nova Lift crane for hauling up the dinghy motor.
- Weems and Plath chrome striking clock, and barometer in main cabin
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
*This price is based on today's currency conversion rate.