If you are looking for a beautiful coastal cruiser that shows the pride of ownership, look no further!
Columbia 36's have a cult following and are designed by William Crealock, the California naval architect who today is more readily associated with the Pacific Seacraft line of bluewater cruisers bearing his name. This boat is a great example!
The owner is highly motivated to sell, he is leaving behind some great additions, brand new refrigeration, new propane cabin heater, a Repowered Beta 25 Diesel, recent bottom job and more!
Columbia 36 make excellent live-aboards, they are great sailing boats and very low-maintenance, lots of extras, the seller was showed lots of love with these upgrades!!
Some of the improvements include:
- Repowered with a Beta 25, currently has 69.6 hours on it. This has an upgraded 75 amp alternator and hot water out to the water heater.
- Folding prop
- 10 gallon water heater that works off 120v or the engine heat.
- V-Berth and one sea berth redone with actual mattress foam, extremely comfortable.
- Completely redid the electrical system including lights, shore power, everything.
- Added a 180 amp hour house bank connected with starting battery via an ACR
- Great dual zone stereo system including a large subwoofer underneath the sink. If you like music you will love this, great sound quality and having zones for the v berth and salon is really nice.
- Removed the existing toilet and black water tank and installed a composting toilet.
- New Shower Installation
- Dropped the keel for inspection and rebedding. Extensive notes and pictures are available.
- Ground down all the old layers of bottom paint and applied 3 coats of Micron 66.
- Found no blisters!
- Replaced most seacocks and bedding blocks.
- Built a new engine cover for quieter running and nicer looks
- Built a new electrical panel built into the engine cover, all wires can be disconnected so the entire engine cover can be removed.
- Replaced hatches on top with Lewmar Ocean hatches
- Replaced the dorade boxes with new ones.
- Replaced other vents on the stern
- Installed a new propane heater which has been perfect.
- Installed new propane system including manifold to control certain components.
- Installed a grill
- “remodeled” the existing stove by completely disassembling it and cleaning then powder coating it, looks and works great.
- A variety of other wood paneling, cloth covers, etc
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.