This White Canoe Company Runabout was built in Old Town, Maine, in 1963 and was totally restored in 2011 by a professional boat builder. Her original restored woodwork is a testimony to her quality of workmanship. She with motor is on her trailer to be launched for the boater who enjoys the distinguishing classic lines this boat has to offer.
Traditional Construction as follows: Stern, keel, stringers & frame are white ash. The planking is 5-ply Royal Marine Duraply. Decks are 5-ply mahogany. Transom is 15-ply fir with mahogany facing. Gunwhales, seats and bright work are all mahogany. Her hardware is original.
On an historical note, E. M. White moved his business to Old Town, Maine in 1896, and built canoes into the 1940s. After World War Two, Walter King, one of White’s employees, and his brother-in-law Pat Farnsworth purchased the company, changed the name to White Canoe Company, and shortly afterward began to build fiberglass canoes. Old Town Canoe Company acquired the White Canoe Company in 1984.
1975 Evinrude Gas Outboard, 50 HP. The steering system was replaced in 2012. Original steering wheel.
Two plastic gas tanks with hoses and hookups.
12V battery, master switch, running lights
Below foredeck is dry storage area. Compass is centerline in dash. Helm is to starboard with controls outboard. Bench seating with backs. Next aft is another bench seat with back. In stern of boat are two plastic gas tanks and battery.
2 Life Jackets