It is probably safe to say that no racer-cruiser in the annals of fiberglass sailboat production elevated the self-esteem of sailors as dramatically as the J/35. Originally named "Obsession" from Lake Champlain this J/35 has primarily been a freshwater sailed boat. After a thorough, 600 hour re-fit, the new Bzing was born. Bzing started racing in the 2010 season and she performs well and looks great!
The J 35 is a boat that has earned lasting recognition by fostering new enjoyment and growth in the sport of sailing through excellent design and production ingenuity. Bzing is a turnkey, race ready J/35 thats owners have spared no expense.
Please call Jack McGuire for an appointment or additional information at:401-290-7066
Come See why North Point Yacht Sales Is making a difference!
Please contact Jack McGuire at 410 280 2038
Meer specificaties, uitrusting en informatie:
Werf: J Boats
Kiel: Fin kiel
Lengte over alles: 35 ft 0 in
Totaal vermogen: 20 HP
Merk motor: yanmar
Type motor: 3GMD
Type motor: Binnenboord
Schroef: Klap schroef
Motorvermogen: 20 HP
Max Draft: 6.9
Hull and deck
Built by Tillotson-Pearson International (TPI), a company with a long history of excellence in fiberglass composite construction. Both hull and deck are constructed with end-grain balsa wood core material between layers of biaxial and unidirectional fiberglass cloth. TPI was one of the first production boat builders to utilize these materials that allow the builder to align the direction of the strands of fiberglass cloth to the forces that occur under load. The result is generally a stronger composite for a given weight.
Wet area’s have been removed and balsa coring replaced with closed cell divinicell foam and epoxy construction
Fore to aft: Forward V berth with shelves port and starboard and hatch overhead. The Head just aft athwartship to port with vanity and sink, manual water system, marine toilet.To starboard is a large hanging locker. New head, custom holding tank, all new plumbing 2010.
The Main Saloon has opposing settee berths. Dining table folds to bulkhead (currently not mounted). The navigation station is to starboard just opposite the galley. There are matching Port & Starboard Quarter berths aft of companionway. In 2010 a new teak & holly cabin sole was installed, all interior woodwork refinished, and the hull interior & cabin top re-painted.
- Teak and holly sole, replaced 2010
- Brass reading lights, refurbished 2010
- Dome lights replaced 2010
- (8) Lewmar opening ports
- (3) Lewmar hatches
- New head, custom holding tank
- All new plumbing 2010
- Reconditioned fuel tank
- All new fuel hoses & lines
- All engine belts and hoses replaced.
The galley is set to port, adjacent to the companionway. A typical minimalist racing galley but fully functional for offshore racing.
- Stainless steel sink with foot pump, 2010 over-sized dc / ac cooler installed.
- (2) burner Origo Alcohol stove, like new
- Manual water system, water tank cleaned, all lines replaced 2010
- New Yeti cooler fall 2017
- Yanmar high output alternator, re-built 2013
- ProMariner dual output smart charger, 2010
- Guest Battery Switch with 2 Banks
- Duracel Marine group 27 batteries, 1 start, 1 house, 2013
- AC and DC Electrical System
- DC panel, original, with volt & amp meter - re-furbished/wired 2010
- AC panel, built to match DC panel w volt & amp meter, new 2010
- AC GFIC outputs main cabin & fwd, 2010
- DC outlets at Nav station, Main Salon & Vberth, 2010
- Original Cabin Lighting re-furbished / wired 2010
- Deck Lighting 2010
- Running Lights, 2010
- Steaming & Anchor Lights, 2010
- 30 amp shore power interface & 110 VAC isolator, 2010
- 30 amp shore power cord, 50'
- All AC & DC wiring new 2010
All new electronics in 2010
- Garmin NMEA2000
- depth, temperature and speed intelli-ducer
- GWS 10 wind / weather station
- three mast mounted GMI 10 multi-display instruments
- single GMI 10 multi-display at the nav station
- Garmin GPSMAP 537 chart plotter
- 2010 NMEA 2000 Garmin digital compus
- NMEA 2000 instrumentation buss Nav station, fwd thru hull sensors / digital compass & mast, 2010
Nav Station includes:
- two charging stations for standard horizon & west marine VHF handhelds
- Autohelm 2000 Auto Pilot
- 2011 Polyplaner stereo/cd/fm/mp3/aux / flash player.
Rig and Rigging
Mast repainted, sheaves replaced, fittings repaired / replaced as needed, new Garmin GWI wind / weather station, windex and masthead nav lighting in 2010.
- Kenyon Aluminum Double Spreader Mast, painted and re-furbished 2010
- Kenyon Aluminum Boom, painted and re-furbished 2010
- Navtec Rod Rigging, inspected and re-installed 2010 with repairs as needed. Tuff luff on head stay.
- Selden Carbon Spinnaker Pole
- Original Aluminum Spinnaker Pole
- Hall Quik Vang
- Navtec Hydraulic Backstay adjuster, rebuilt 2013
- new dyneema life lines
3 Cylinder Yanmar diesel engine.
New set of Ullman race sails summer 2016
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.