HULL & DECK:
- Dark blue fiberglass hull, original gelcoat; red bottom.
- Light gray fiberglass decks.
- Bottom was sandblasted in 2010 to remove paint buildup.
- Spring 2018 one coat of antifouling bottom paint to be applied.
- Teak exterior trim including high teak toerails, handrails, and teak coamings, finished in Cetol.
- Double white vinyl lifelines with gates port and starboard.
- S/S double bow and stern rails and S/S stanchions.
- Two Bomar hatches with screens in trunk cabin.
- Four Dorade ventilators.
- Centerboard pennant and pulley replaced 2010.
- 2005 aluminum pot warp propeller guard installed.
- 2007 Sunbrella gray by Chesapeake Canvas a Dodger, bimini, connector and side curtains.
- Cockpit can be completely enclosed with Sunbrella gray canvas.
- Edson pedestal wheel steerer with S/S wheel and teak cockpit table.
- Forespar outboard hoist.
- Electric Lofrans Tigress windlass, new 2003.
- Flojet washdown pump at bow.
- S/S stern-mounted swim/boarding ladder.
- Aluminum opening portlights with white curtains.
Fuel: 30 gallons in aluminum tank.
Water: 75 gallons in two tanks.
Holding: 40 gallons, under vee berth.
- 2016 rebuilt head and new sink faucets in 2011.
- 2014-2017 replaced all waste and potable water hoses.
- Over past four years, all interior teak has been revarnished in Satin finish.
- All exterior teak has been refinished in Cetol as needed on a yearly schedule.
- 2013 new Raritan hot water heater.
- 2013 new Jabsco potable water pressure pump.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- 2007 Yanmar 4JH4E 55 hp diesel, FWC.
- 760 engine hours as seen on the hour meter.
- Racor fuel filter.
- Cruising speed: 6-6.5 knots.
- 12V DC & 110V AC electrical systems.
- 2013 two Napa 4D batteries, 165 amp hour each, for starting and house.
- Four way battery switch.
- Solar panel on deck to trickle charge the batteries.
- 110V battery charger.
- 2011 new running lights.
- 2012 new steaming and anchor lights.
- 30 amp 125V shore power with 50' cord.
- Three 110V outlets in cabin.
- Interior teak finish has been recently restored by Paul E. Luke, Inc.
- The quarter berth is aft to starboard, with navigation station forward of berth, with two bookshelves above and four drawers below.
- Opposite is the U-shaped galley to port, with S/S lined icebox, a Shipmate three burner gimballed propane stove with oven, a double S/S sink with hot and cold pressure water, and a fresh water foot pump.
- There is also a deep icebox that accommodates 50 lbs of block ice below an internal storage rack.
- Custom racks for glassware and ample storage cabinets, and lockers for provisioning are outboard of the stove.
- The main salon has settee berths, port and starboard, with the port settee converting to a double berth.
- A centerline teak table has two drop leaves, and wine and liquor and silverware storage is set between the settees.
- Next, the head is located forward to port, with a vanity sink and counter, a large teak framed mirror, a head and a hot/cold water shower.
- The holding tank is forward of the head under the forward vee berth.
- There are two doors to access the head, one opening into the main salon and one opening to the vee berth.
- Opposite the head in the main salon is a hanging locker, a counter, and four drawers.
- Next forward is the vee berth with a large hatch and screen, and two reading lights.
- There is a pullman style seat to starboard and a filler vee cushion which fits over the seat to make a queen/king size berth.
- A hanging locker and four drawers are to starboard and there are louvered cabinets outboard of the berths.
- The cabin is heated by an Espar diesel heater.
- Two overhead hatches have custom screens, and a screen is provided for the companionway hatch as well.
- A nautical library which conveys with the boat contains essential books for cruising the New England and Canadian coasts, and all the equipment manuals.
- ICOM VHF transceiver radio (model ICM504) with remote cockpit Mic/receiver.
- Furuno GPS navigator set.
- Garmin GPS 2006/2010 chartplotter - mounted at helm (Garmin GPS became inoperable at decommissioning in Fall-owner looking into repairing it).
- Datamarine depthsounder, knot meter and wind indicator.
- Panasonic AM/FM/CD stereo.
- Binnacle compass.
SAILS & RIGGING:
- 1997 full battened Quantum mainsail with Dutchman flaking system.
- Mainsail cover, custom made.
- 1990 130% Doyle genoa with Harken Roller furling system with Navtec hydraulic backstay adjuster.
- Genoa sheets replaced in 2010 (both sails maintained by Nat Wilson Sailmaker, East Boothbay, Maine.
- 1984 .75 oz Flasher drifter by A.C. Manufacturer; new spinnaker halyard 2013.
- Anodized aluminum mast and boom.
- Chainplate covers replaced 1997.
- Two Lewmar #30 two speed winches.
- Lewmar #46 S.T. main sheet winch.
- Main Sheet traveller forward of companionway.
- All halyards are led aft to Schaefer sheet stoppers.
- Inner genoa track.
- Spinnaker halyard replaced.
- Spreader lights.
- Mast height: 60' (off water).
- Emergency tiller.
- Ensign and staff.
- Ship's brass clock and barometer, bulkhead mounted.
- AM/FM/CD radio.
- Brass gimballed flower vase on main bulkhead.
- Picture frame with glass.
- Signal flags.
- Radar reflector on mast.
- 12V Boat Vac vacuum cleaner.
- Capital Breeze cabin cooling wind.
- Portable screens for hatches and companionway.
- Curtains on windows and ports for privacy.
- Table settings and galley equipment for four.
- New circular Magma propane grill for stern mounting-never used.
- 2 "Go-Anywhere" adjustable cockpit seating.
- Four cockpit 24" square blue cushions.
- Lifelines have cushioned padding in cockpit.
- Fitted cockpit cushions.
- 35 lb CQR Plow anchor with 125' chain and 100' rode (replaced in 2001).
- Danforth secondary anchor with 25' chain and 150' rode.
- Two LPG metal tanks with solenoid shutoff.
- Fireboy Halon auto fire extinguisher in engine compartment.
- 2014 docklines.
- Four fenders.
- Two boat hooks.
- 8 life jackets.
- 2 horseshoe life rings, one with strobe light.
- 2014 Maxon CS230 inflatable with foot pump.
- 3.3 hp Mercury outboard.
- Set of plates, glasses, pots, pans, and cutlery.
- Manual and electric bilge pumps.
COMMENTS: CYNARA II is one of the popular Bristol 38.8 K/CB Sloops, from the drawing board of Ted Hood. These vessels are known as fast cruisers, capable of racing around the buoys or equally at home sailing offshore. They are ideally suited for the shallow waters of Florida, the Bahamas or Cape Cod. The interior joinery in CYNARA II is exquisite satin varnished teak, not the darker mahogany found on sisterships. The cabin layout includes a spacious U-shaped galley, sit-down Nav station and separate shower area. CYNARA II has had only two owners, the present owners purchased her in 1990 and have enjoyed sailing her from VA to Canada. They have continually upgraded her as needed under their stewardship, including installing a larger Yanmar engine in 2007. Please note all their improvements. CYNARA II is completely ready to continue cruising the Maine Coast and beyond under new ownership. Please call us for your inspection of this high quality, well-founded vessel. Thank you for your interest.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.